Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

PICS: 4th Gen with JDM Nissan Gloria VQ30DET

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Ichiban King

I think Tatanko had the right direction with using the DE block. This is definitely neat, but I see it as completely unnecessary.. It may be able to handle more boost, yet you still have 3.5 > DET for around the same price for a newer engine, with newer design characterisitics and less fab in the end.

But, this is awesome and mad props for it. Maybe the dyno will make me eat my words. Keep going man!!
Old 04-25-2007, 09:53 AM

yes.... If this option was viable months ago, i would have considered going this route instead of selling for a 5.5 gen.. as long as i don't have to worry about clearance issues like that radiator that is about to be crushed
Old 04-25-2007, 01:23 PM

the radiator isn't goin to be crush , there is plenty of room there as far as the hood that is where a SCOOP would come in handy. but my question is is it going to be able to handle that vlack one driving round brooklyn that i heard about?
Old 04-25-2007, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by AnDyMaN
yes.... If this option was viable months ago, i would have considered going this route instead of selling for a 5.5 gen.. as long as i don't have to worry about clearance issues like that radiator that is about to be crushed

The radiator is not that close it mite look that way in the picture but even with the hard *** launch i have doing in the car for the last couple of days i havent even seen the radiator move or be touched by the turbo.....i have everything sacured in the car very well i did not overlook anything i made sure things like that wouldnt be a problem but still im waiting to put the custome rad in even though this one is working ok for now but just for a lil more clearance and to have no coolant issues in the summer i will change it
Old 04-25-2007, 01:33 PM
Turbo is too much fun!

Good Job on the swap! Apologized about the way you felt about your previous threads. You proved us wrong. Congrats!
Old 04-25-2007, 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by AnDyMaN
IIRC tilley had a full vq30det sitting in his shop two years ago and he was experimenting with it. On the other hand, he wasnt exactly info sharing type either.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:29 AM
brotherhood of tq

Originally Posted by Apparition
I think Tatanko had the right direction with using the DE block. This is definitely neat, but I see it as completely unnecessary.. It may be able to handle more boost, yet you still have 3.5 > DET for around the same price for a newer engine, with newer design characterisitics and less fab in the end.

But, this is awesome and mad props for it. Maybe the dyno will make me eat my words. Keep going man!!
as far as motor swaps go this is by no means that hard to pull off, the only thing from stopping this from happeneing before i think are two things:
1. our vq30de handles a good amount of boost and can put down a good amount of power without having to open it up.
2. people just afriad to try somethign that hasnt been done before and maybe a lack of ballz to pioneer something different.

but if tis block can do what i hope it can do then i see no reason why this cant be a good swap or at least a better choice for people building rwd cars. i mean if our vq30 can climb near 450-500whp then i see no reason this motor shouldnt be able to top that a good amount. only problem is that our cars are to long and flexible to make any use of the kind of power this motor might be able to handle.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:36 AM
Ichiban King

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
as far as motor swaps go this is by no means that hard to pull off, the only thing from stopping this from happeneing before i think are two things:
1. our vq30de handles a good amount of boost and can put down a good amount of power without having to open it up.
2. people just afriad to try somethign that hasnt been done before and maybe a lack of ballz to pioneer something different.

but if tis block can do what i hope it can do then i see no reason why this cant be a good swap or at least a better choice for people building rwd cars. i mean if our vq30 can climb near 450-500whp then i see no reason this motor shouldnt be able to top that a good amount. only problem is that our cars are to long and flexible to make any use of the kind of power this motor might be able to handle.
I have a friend who put one into an S14 chassis and honestly its the same block, all aluminum so you begin to run into the same problems as say an SR once you hit a certain point. Bottom end build suggested.. But, perhaps I'm failing to see where you're going with this. Parts availability is another thing, its not like I can call up some friends at JDMMarket.com or XATRacing and be like hey guys I need some VQ30DET parts and honestly I think for Dave it may be just as hard and or expensive for other things rather than a damn crosspipe and turbo manifolds.

The 3.5 is still far superior, as long as you understand that then I supposed I have nothing else to say. The head flows better and a slew of other things and it has the damn piston squirters too. It's all price vs. power/ potential.

My intention is to not fawk this thread up, these guys are pioneers and I think it's awesome what they did, yet at the same point I can throw some ideas either way.

But, I'm straying off topic, so I apoligize and thats the last I'll say.
Old 04-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Droppin logs

Back to topic, I agree it's nice to see this pioneered. I love seeing things done that many say couldn't be. I would love to see dyno/track numbers once this thing is dialed in.
Old 04-28-2007, 08:48 AM
VIP Maxima

is it hooked to 4th gen tranny? i need this swap.....

Old 05-02-2007, 12:55 PM

I was wondering about what tranny you where using as well.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Luquire
I was wondering about what tranny you where using as well.
a 5 speed 4th gen tranny
Old 05-03-2007, 08:19 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

I'm not telling anyone again. You come in this thread just to talk crap, your being permanently banned from these forums. If you want to give your 'big ups' or any of that other crap, send it via PM. This is not the place. Do it again.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:27 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice work guys! Where did you guys buy the vq30det? Is it from the y33 or y34 gloria? Did the place that you got the motor from have anymore vq30det's? I've been looking all over the internet and I can't find any vq30det's for sale. I really need to find one for my S13.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:24 AM

Originally Posted by 505max94se
Nice work guys! Where did you guys buy the vq30det? Is it from the y33 or y34 gloria? Did the place that you got the motor from have anymore vq30det's? I've been looking all over the internet and I can't find any vq30det's for sale. I really need to find one for my S13.

THANKS alot the place were i got mine has 2 instock i paid $1000 for mine i think they want alil more for the other 2 since the are seeing that they can sell them cuz i sent another guy there to buy one for his ALTIMA... yes another beast for some guyz to watch out 4....i think they charged him like $1300 or something like that
Old 05-21-2007, 07:39 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bkmaxima
THANKS alot the place were i got mine has 2 instock i paid $1000 for mine i think they want alil more for the other 2 since the are seeing that they can sell them cuz i sent another guy there to buy one for his ALTIMA... yes another beast for some guyz to watch out 4....i think they charged him like $1300 or something like that
You missed 505max's most important question, what is the name of the junkyard???
Old 05-22-2007, 01:31 AM

Originally Posted by The Wizard
You missed 505max's most important question, what is the name of the junkyard???

first this was cleard up in earlyer post the motor was not purchased from a junkyard i got it from a JDM motor place.. second i answer him about were i got it if he wants to know more about it then he can ask and i will tell him
Old 05-22-2007, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by bkmaxima
first this was cleard up in earlyer post the motor was not purchased from a junkyard i got it from a JDM motor place.. second i answer him about were i got it if he wants to know more about it then he can ask and i will tell him
My bad, I missed the part where it was disclosed that it was not bought from a junkyard, but from a JDM motor place instead.

However, you have not disclosed the name of this JDM motor place publicly. What's the big secret? Does everyone have to PM you to find out?

I would like to know the name of the place, as I'm sure others do too. What's their phone number?
Old 11-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Bacon Lover

Sorry for bumping, but I have a question that never got answered in this thread and was hoping someone who was involved with this back in the day might have an answer for me. Does anyone know what the turbo was that was used in this setup? (the turbo seen in the pictures close to the radiator). I'm asking because it looks far too big to be the supposed factory T28.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM
KH3 by popular demand

It looks like a Master Power Turbo from the pics on pg 1, it may be a t-60. I'm actually running the Master Power t3/t4.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:13 PM
Bacon Lover

Originally Posted by maxgtr2000
It looks like a Master Power Turbo from the pics on pg 1, it may be a t-60. I'm actually running the Master Power t3/t4.
When I get bored I try to figure out problems like this, and it always bugged me how this setup seemed so easy to do and yet there appeared to be practically no clearance between the manifold and the radiator without removing things, pushing the radiator forward, etc. Just seems like there has to be a worthwhile turbo (i.e. larger than the factory T28 which isn't even good for 300 WHP, and I can't imagine breathes all that well up top) that will it in that location without having to remove/replace anything except maybe the fans.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:42 AM
N00blargh

What makes you say that the stock turbo is a t28? My gloria manifolds are T3

With the stock turbo it clears the radiator fine provided you remove the fans - you need to fabricate a new engine mount that sits lower though.
Old 12-03-2009, 07:27 PM

Any dyno numbers yet? thats what really matters after all. let me guess, hush hush, lol

I buddy of mines built a 3.5 with about 2K. that is good for well over 700 whp. no replacement for displacement! not worth it at the end, unless these 30det internals are proven via dyno to hold ovet 650 whp

congrats on a unique swap