Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

s/c intercooler question

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:28 AM
brotherhood of tq

s/c intercooler question

sup guys, I fully understand that a fmic on a max is a custom job and will vary from car to car depending on the parts used. I was just wondering those of you that have a vortech and a fmic what path did you route the charge piping and what were the dmensions on the fmic that you guys choose.

also for those of you that are with blown what type of fmic do you guys have?

im a bit "curious"
Old 06-11-2007, 09:47 AM
absoundlab

this has been covered mayn times over.

here are some pictures to help you

Old 06-11-2007, 03:00 PM
brotherhood of tq

thank you for you pics and taking the time to post them, i understand that this has been talked about many times before and i have done some reading up on it but....

ehh never mind i'll just search and pretend i never asked.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:54 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
sup guys, I fully understand that a fmic on a max is a custom job and will vary from car to car depending on the parts used. I was just wondering those of you that have a vortech and a fmic what path did you route the charge piping and what were the dmensions on the fmic that you guys choose.

also for those of you that are with blown what type of fmic do you guys have?

im a bit "curious"
It varies more than "car to car depending on the parts used". My advice is to not just follow in the footsteps of others and just use someone elses IC dimensions. Find the shortest path possible, buy and read "Supercharged" by Corky Bell and read the intercooler chapter a few times. Then choose your intercooler based on the power YOU are putting down, then go a little bigger to allow for growth/future upgrades. There's a lot of variables to consider when getting the right IC. What's good for one person is not necessarily good for you.

The only person who actually documented air temp difference, difference in psi (before and after), hp before and after, and did an actual study/review of his IC is Stephan Max, to the best of my knowledge. IIRC, Stephan netted a zero gain. If I"m forgetting somebody else, I apologize in advance.
Old 06-17-2007, 11:38 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My car is going to be different (since it is a 2000) but I did loose alittle boost. But mid range was a little stronger on the powerband. The only thing I would have done wqas go with a little smaller FMIC. I even bought one to put in there but got lazy and am going to change it since I am selling.