Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

My RMT plan....yep another one to the dark side

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 10:20 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

My RMT plan....yep another one to the dark side

Ok well I have been in the planning stages for a week or so now and I believe I may have picked out a turbo. That was the easy part. Now I need some input on what I was thinking for the rest of it. Plan was to stay around the 6 psi area at about 270+ WHP automatic.

Turbo
t3 60-1 .63 AR turbine, .7 AR compressor

Fuel plans
370's
255 walbro
Not sure which FPR yet.
EU to tune

38mm wastegate
unsure about BOV yet but that will be easy.

Piping is going to be 2" piping from compressor underneath the passenger side to the pullies then going from 2 to 3" and heading up near the pullies and across the fans to the TB. That way I can add an FMIC later on when the boost is upped...because we all know I wont be able to stay at 6psi.
3" muffler of a brand to be determined

Now the Oil.
I was planning on a stand alone oil supply for just the Turbo, a small oil pan mounted in the spare wheel well with it being gravity fed and a scavenge pump for the return line. I will be using stainless lines. I was thinking a lawn mower Oil pan might work???

any info or pointing out if anything is off I would love to hear it.

Last edited by bigpulve+; 04-03-2008 at 05:12 PM. Reason: added turbo info
Old 04-03-2008, 10:46 AM
'Trynna' is not a word

Originally Posted by bigpulve

Now the Oil.
I was planning on a stand alone oil supply for just the Turbo, a small oil pan mounted in the spare wheel well with it being gravity fed and a scavenge pump for the return line. I will be using stainless lines. I was thinking a lawn mower Oil pan might work???

any info or pointing out if anything is off I would love to hear it.
I don't think that is going to work. You need pressurized oil going to that turbo, a gravity feed will not be enough.
Old 04-03-2008, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by mtrai760
I don't think that is going to work. You need pressurized oil going to that turbo, a gravity feed will not be enough.
Well adding a pump would be easy to do, but you still think the stand alone oil system would work?
Old 04-03-2008, 05:12 PM

I added the turbo size to the main post
Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM

Dont waste your time doing a stand alone oil setup dude, you can try not saying it wont work, but it will be more work than you probably think. when i stated this whole RMT, i thought about it. It was just alot easier to go ahead and do it how i did. if you wanna try something new and creative, go ahead hope it works and if it does i'll even look into doing it. Goodluck and read my thread and 96blkmax's thread as well, all the info you will ever need for RMT is in there
Old 04-03-2008, 05:15 PM
'Trynna' is not a word

IMO, a standalone system is not the best way to go. How are you going to control oil pressure under a load? How are you going to keep the oil cool? Not trying to knock your idea, If you have it all worked out already then good job, I just think your making things a little too complicated. Just my opinion.
Old 04-03-2008, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
Dont waste your time doing a stand alone oil setup dude, you can try not saying it wont work, but it will be more work than you probably think. when i stated this whole RMT, i thought about it. It was just alot easier to go ahead and do it how i did. if you wanna try something new and creative, go ahead hope it works and if it does i'll even look into doing it. Goodluck and read my thread and 96blkmax's thread as well, all the info you will ever need for RMT is in there
Originally Posted by mtrai760
IMO, a standalone system is not the best way to go. How are you going to control oil pressure under a load? How are you going to keep the oil cool? Not trying to knock your idea, If you have it all worked out already then good job, I just think your making things a little too complicated. Just my opinion.
Good points....I was just thinking that way because of less oil lines but Im fine with doing it that way...yea the point of doing the RMT was simplicity and less money...Plus Im not looking for amazing numbers or anything, so the easier the better....Thanks.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:06 PM

hey eric. i've been in the planning stages myself. as for the standalone i've been working on that too. i have an idea that needs finalising but i'm confident it'll work (considering oil temp under load gets up there..)

send me a PM, or give me a call n i'll let you know what i've found..