Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Finally turbo for 5th gen.

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i was talking about the kit.... if its affordable then its a great thing to have for us.
5k but its quoted on their site also
Old 08-28-2008, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by kzoosho
5k but its quoted on their site also
I cant get to the site for some reason at work but Im still confused and guess I missed but is the turbo, the one originally for the kit, included or is the new bigger turbo needed to make the hp that 1swt wanted? I remember it making less than anticipated then the larger one was installed and some other stuff so Im just trying to sort it out and I cant see the website from work for whatever reason.....did the price go up accordingly to the new turbo or was it not needed and the exhaust restriction the problem the whole time?
Old 08-28-2008, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Godson
I cant get to the site for some reason at work but Im still confused and guess I missed but is the turbo, the one originally for the kit, included or is the new bigger turbo needed to make the hp that 1swt wanted? I remember it making less than anticipated then the larger one was installed and some other stuff so Im just trying to sort it out and I cant see the website from work for whatever reason.....did the price go up accordingly to the new turbo or was it not needed and the exhaust restriction the problem the whole time?

Everything to make 395 WHP is included in the kit for the prices listed on our website.

Tim
Old 08-28-2008, 08:47 PM

man your max is a beast and it sounds mean as hell too. SFR did a perfect job on it. keep the bodykit on, just getridofthehood LOL
Old 08-29-2008, 12:07 PM

Any pictures of the SFR intake mani yet?
Old 08-29-2008, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by SpeedForceRacing
Everything to make 395 WHP is included in the kit for the prices listed on our website.

Tim
Well kudos then bro for dedicatimg some time and effort in making what seems to be a very good kit for Maxima's. Again Im sorry for perhaps asking the obvious but when Im in the office I cant seem to access your site, are the prices installed or is the kit available over the counter? I ask because my cousin broke down after years of being a Honda guy and months of getting spanked by my 4th gen, he bought a 5.5 gen and is itching to go FI. He's had boosted hondas before and was shocked at the lack of aftermarket support for the Max, well atleast in the eyes of a guy coming from Hondas.....you can damn near built a turbo for a Civic at autozone lol. Again thank you, hopefully we could have this kit on his car soon, and its auto
Old 08-30-2008, 05:52 AM

This kit looks good and sounds great! Congrats on finally making a turbo kit that maxima owners have been looking for, besides the custom kits others have done.
Hopefully this mod will be in my near future.
Old 08-30-2008, 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by Godson
Well kudos then bro for dedicatimg some time and effort in making what seems to be a very good kit for Maxima's. Again Im sorry for perhaps asking the obvious but when Im in the office I cant seem to access your site, are the prices installed or is the kit available over the counter? I ask because my cousin broke down after years of being a Honda guy and months of getting spanked by my 4th gen, he bought a 5.5 gen and is itching to go FI. He's had boosted hondas before and was shocked at the lack of aftermarket support for the Max, well atleast in the eyes of a guy coming from Hondas.....you can damn near built a turbo for a Civic at autozone lol. Again thank you, hopefully we could have this kit on his car soon, and its auto
The price is for the kit only, not installed.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by MaximusMorpheus

This kit looks good and sounds great! Congrats on finally making a turbo kit that maxima owners have been looking for, besides the custom kits others have done.
Hopefully this mod will be in my near future.
Yes, finally after 5 years of waiting for someone to make a fi kit there is one. I have talked to 2 other companies before SFR and they both did nothing. But not SFR they did more than I thought, and making more power than I originaly thought. So this kit should make all maxima owners very happy. And really when it comes down to price. What other mod can you do to get the power to dollar rating. Nitrous is just to temperary. Turbo is there all the time. So you get your back for the buck. Good luck.
Old 08-30-2008, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Yes, finally after 5 years of waiting for someone to make a fi kit there is one. I have talked to 2 other companies before SFR and they both did nothing. But not SFR they did more than I thought, and making more power than I originaly thought. So this kit should make all maxima owners very happy. And really when it comes down to price. What other mod can you do to get the power to dollar rating. Nitrous is just to temperary. Turbo is there all the time. So you get your back for the buck. Good luck.
Thanks for being the pioneer for FI and getting this done with SFR. Looks like they did a great job and all the waiting was worth it.
Have fun and be safe with your turbo Max and try not to smile too much when you test drive it for the first time
Old 08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Finally, a legit AND complete kit. Good job SFR!

I'm impressed by the transient response after upshifts.
Old 08-30-2008, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by nismology
Finally, a legit AND complete kit. Good job SFR!

I'm impressed by the transient response after upshifts.

So am I consdering I was slowly but carefully putting into the gears.
Old 09-01-2008, 06:22 AM

WOO man great vid guys, Man do I miss the spool up sound( Have not had a
NA car in years) LOL, Can't wait to save up for this.. Great job. Were you
short shifting cause the spool was that fast or tires were breaking loose??
Either way great car..
Old 09-01-2008, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by anm6
WOO man great vid guys, Man do I miss the spool up sound( Have not had a
NA car in years) LOL, Can't wait to save up for this.. Great job. Were you
short shifting cause the spool was that fast or tires were breaking loose??
Either way great car..
Yea, tires were breaking loose. I would think by now it needs new tires on the front. I'm looking at drag radials Toyo R888. I think they should do the trick along with some axles.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM

cool vid like the dyno run look into an engine shock it helps with that bounce back on the engine! I attached mine to the right strut and engine! Seems to rip good but has lots more grip then mine guess my tires suck!
Old 09-02-2008, 03:17 PM
SLOW

Why does everyone keep saying "upgraded axles." No one breaks axles in maximas. We break transmissions boys, not axles. The only person I can think of that has broken an axle is 96sleeper.
Old 09-02-2008, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Why does everyone keep saying "upgraded axles." No one breaks axles in maximas. We break transmissions boys, not axles. The only person I can think of that has broken an axle is 96sleeper.
You mean to tell me you think a stock axle will hold up to drag tires at a 1/4 mile track with 395whp.
Old 09-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

In for the ownage.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:07 PM
3.5 in the works

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
Why does everyone keep saying "upgraded axles." No one breaks axles in maximas if wheel hop is taken care of. We break transmissions boys, not axles. The only person I can think of that has broken an axle is 96sleeper.
edited.. I have seen someone break an axle but they were hoppin all over the friggin place and should have backed out of it

Last edited by DandyMax; 09-02-2008 at 07:10 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:52 PM
SLOW

You mean to tell me you think a stock axle will hold up to drag tires at a 1/4 mile track with 395whp.
Being as lots of members have done it - including myself - yes. Some of them with way, way more torque than you're making, on slicks, pulling 1.7 and 1.8 60' times for years with the same stock axles.

If you feel you need the axles go for it but based on the experience of nearly everyone on this board, literally hundreds and hundreds of 1/4 mile passes with more power and torque than you're making, I don't think you'll need them. Its your money though, so if you think you need them go for it. Nissan CVs are known to be quite strong.

Last edited by Nealoc187; 09-02-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 09-02-2008, 07:57 PM

I have 374whp, no problems at all with my axles (I did go through my transmission though, Im on tranny #2).

Meximax has 440whp, and his whole drivetrain is dropped a full inch further stressing his axles due to the steep angle... his axles are perfectly fine
Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 PM

Im pulling 1.7 60fts on stock axles running slicks.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:42 PM
VQ30 DE T

Originally Posted by DandyMax
edited.. I have seen someone break an axle but they were hoppin all over the friggin place and should have backed out of it
Agreed..... Wheel hop FTL.

Im pretty sure op will upgrade his mounts to minimize wheel hop asap.
Right 1swtmx?

Whats the ETA on the car?
Old 09-03-2008, 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by accordingtou
Agreed..... Wheel hop FTL.

Im pretty sure op will upgrade his mounts to minimize wheel hop asap.
Right 1swtmx?

Whats the ETA on the car?
Yea, I`m looking to get the mounts changed out as soon as I get the car back. And ETA well I am calling the transport company today to see what the hell is up. Its been 7 freakin days now, you would think it would be loaded up by then. It better be here before the meet in M.D. I mean they have 3 hole weeks.
As far as axles, I`ve been talking to some other people and there like yea, your going to need to replace them for sure if your on drag tires at the track. I guess time will tell. Thanks guys.
Accordingtou your going to the meet right?
Old 09-03-2008, 09:17 PM
VQ30 DE T

Yup Ill be there With the Taon crew.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:05 AM

Any update on the SFR intake manifold? I want one that performs, not for show like the Kinetix one.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:25 PM

Man I am still waiting to get my car back. Its been done now for 2 1/2 weeks and still no car. The transport company should be there monday to pick it up. I should have it back saturday (20th). Just in time to go to the meet in M.D. on the 27th.

Accordingtou, how about I cuise out to meet up with you and your crew and head down to the meet on the 27th.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:55 PM

very nice, like others have said get those motor mount inserts asap!
Old 09-13-2008, 03:55 PM
VQ30 DE T

Sounds good This is a map to give you an idea of our location.http://www.mapquest.com/mq/8-wud5
we leave @ 9am
Old 09-19-2008, 03:53 PM

wow what a great read...congrats on your work and to sfr. Hopefully in due time ill get a kit myself. maybe see if renntech here will work on it.

Nice and cant wait for track times and meet pics.

What was your total cost you put into this. I read the kit was 5k but I know there is alot more to all this mess.

Later
Old 09-21-2008, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by Tippy Toes
wow what a great read...congrats on your work and to sfr. Hopefully in due time ill get a kit myself. maybe see if renntech here will work on it.

Nice and cant wait for track times and meet pics.

What was your total cost you put into this. I read the kit was 5k but I know there is alot more to all this mess.

Later
Well, with kit, a-pillar gauges, greddy boost controler, custom exhaust, someother misc. things, and transport from pa to ca and back I have about 10 grand in the whole thing. I know it is alot of money but its basicaly my play car and sits in the garage more than its out on the road. I mean the car is an 2003 with 35,000 miles on it. So its not like I spent this on a car with 100,000 miles and wondering if the car is going to ware out or not.

At least this makes sense in my mind.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:53 PM

nice good find on that mileage. again congrats and keep us posted with track times/meet pictures
Old 09-23-2008, 05:06 PM

Well, its now official I am not going to the meet in M.D. on the 27th. My car gets back to me on the 28th.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:15 PM

damn damn damn, cuz dats one of the main reasons y i wanted to go, jus so i can get a close up of that max and ta hear it in person.....i waz jus thinkin and wonderin what times it will run @ the track though??? What should the expectation be?
Old 09-24-2008, 09:39 AM

congrats.. IN for pics sketches ect. on the SFR manifold...
Old 09-24-2008, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by Griller07
damn damn damn, cuz dats one of the main reasons y i wanted to go, jus so i can get a close up of that max and ta hear it in person.....i waz jus thinkin and wonderin what times it will run @ the track though??? What should the expectation be?
I think around low to mid 12s.

I was really looking forward on meeting some people there at the meet. It really sucks, but at least I am finally getting my car back. I will for sure be going to the next meet.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:11 PM

Finally here, its Sept. 29th and I got my car back. And all I can say is "holllllllyy ****". Man, this thing is fast. First gear spins, second gear spins but you can tell its gripping, third gear sets you in the seat with little slipage, fourth gear takes the hell off, and so on. I mean to tell you its gets to a 100 mph in no time flat. And I have it still on the low setting. I need to get use the car all over again. I think I had a smile on my face all day long as I took some of my friends along for some test drives.

Well, next think is those motor mounts. Does anyone have a wed-site or part number for those?

And also I have a call in to a trans. shop to get this car fixed. I seemed to have lost 6th gear. oops But with a little work it will be fixed again.

Also how did the meet go in M.D. this past weekened? Man I so wanted to be there.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:26 PM

congrats on getting the car back, the ES motor mount inserts will make a huge difference. you can get them from cattman

Well, next think is those motor mounts. Does anyone have a wed-site or part number for those?
e.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:29 PM

Finally here, its Sept. 29th and I got my car back. And all I can say is "holllllllyy ****". Man, this thing is fast. First gear spins, second gear spins but you can tell its gripping, third gear sets you in the seat with little slipage, fourth gear takes the hell off, and so on. I mean to tell you its gets to a 100 mph in no time flat. And I have it still on the low setting. I need to get use the car all over again. I think I had a smile on my face all day long as I took some of my friends along for some test drives.

And also I have a call in to a trans. shop to get this car fixed. I seemed to have lost 6th gear. oops But with a little work it will be fixed again.

Also how did the meet go in M.D. this past weekened? Man I so wanted to be there.

Glad to hear you got your car back When you get a second give me a call so I can guide you through the Profec boost controller so we can make sure your car does not make too much boost.It has a peak/hold unit which is nice to see your maximum boost. With the cold weather you guys get, the boost will increase.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:44 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Quick Reply: Finally turbo for 5th gen.