Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

? about Kinetix SSV on a turboed 3.5

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by grey99max
none of those spacers were required, either..
BuiltnBoostedZ was referring to spacers for the 350z im. The 350z im spacers increase the volume of the plenum.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by 505max94se
BuiltnBoostedZ was referring to spacers for the 350z im. The 350z im spacers increase the volume of the plenum.
Hummmm... too many intake manifolds in this thread..
Old 11-02-2009, 01:41 PM

No, man I don`t know whats going on I talked to Tim last wed. and he said its not dynoed yet. He said he would let me know when its dynoed. Thats all I can tell you for now.
Old 11-08-2009, 07:00 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Any updates on the SFR dyno?
Old 11-09-2009, 01:54 PM

No man, IDK whats up. I called and emailed and still no dyno numbers.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:04 PM
VQ30 DE T

http://forums.maxima.org/6774353-post292.html

http://forums.maxima.org/6774384-post293.html

I posted this DEC 08, & its about to be 2010
Old 11-09-2009, 08:11 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

It looks like SFR only made one of those manifolds, took photos, and forgot about the project after the photos were taken.
Old 11-10-2009, 03:06 PM

I know every time I talked to him, he`s busy as shet. But still no excuse. I just want some numbers I keep telling him.
Old 11-22-2009, 09:36 AM
LandShark has Cosworth

Any updates on the dyno?
Old 11-22-2009, 07:51 PM

unfortunately, no.
Old 12-14-2009, 03:25 PM

Ok, the h3ll with waiting on someone else. I ordered the IM from SFR and should be here is 3-4 weeks. I also bought the engine cover (polished) you see on SFR website. Looks real cool. So the IM is polished along with the engine cover and my piping was already polished along with the turbo. If anything, the engine bay should look shinny.lol I`ll let you guys know in a few weeks what it dynos at, should look for additonal 25-30 whp.
Old 12-14-2009, 06:26 PM
DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS MEMBER - OWES PEOPLE MONEY

Originally Posted by 1swtmax
Ok, the h3ll with waiting on someone else. I ordered the IM from SFR and should be here is 3-4 weeks. I also bought the engine cover (polished) you see on SFR website. Looks real cool. So the IM is polished along with the engine cover and my piping was already polished along with the turbo. If anything, the engine bay should look shinny.lol I`ll let you guys know in a few weeks what it dynos at, should look for additonal 25-30 whp.
Taking the plunge, huh!? Looking forward to seeing the results, good luck on everything going smoothly.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:52 PM

subscribe !
Old 12-15-2009, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by sparks03max
Taking the plunge, huh!? Looking forward to seeing the results, good luck on everything going smoothly.
Thanks, sparks.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:37 PM

Updates?
I will be working on my setup - putting it back together sometime next month. I did some more gutting and polishing on my SSIM, but am still considering the SSV.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by digitalbow
Updates?
I will be working on my setup - putting it back together sometime next month. I did some more gutting and polishing on my SSIM, but am still considering the SSV.
No updates yet. He is supposed to be sending it out from Cali. late this week or beginning of next week. It took him longer than he originaly thought to make the two pieces. Hes been very busy lately. Cant wait to get to the dyno.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 PM
Demodded and Forgotten

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
Is that a typo on their site? $1,199.99. It probably is, because it just doesnt make sense no matter how much power it can add, and even if money is not an issue to someone, that is still a very poor choice on how to spend it. Actually thats slightly under how much i spent on building my motor lol.
It is a custom made intake. How much do you think custom work should cost
Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by rroderiques77
It is a custom made intake. How much do you think custom work should cost
If the lower IM is custom and goes with it... then the cost for this is probably less than what you'd pay at a good shop to have a custom upper and lower IM made. Although at such a shop, you could probably have them port match it to your heads when it's being made.

At this point, I would rather be spending big money like this on a set of custom long tubes since I'm N/A. Although somewhat contradictory to what I said, I do have a SSV with some home-dremel ported LIM action. I got it for about 1/3 of what custom headers would cost me, though!

Even if you don't gain power, or you lower boost and keep the same power you were running earlier for reliability, you will probably enjoy this IM as long as it's well designed. I can't wait to see the dyno comparison!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:47 PM

If the lower IM is custom and goes with it... then the cost for this is probably less than what you'd pay at a good shop to have a custom upper and lower IM made. Although at such a shop, you could probably have them port match it to your heads when it's being made.

At this point, I would rather be spending big money like this on a set of custom long tubes since I'm N/A. Although somewhat contradictory to what I said, I do have a SSV with some home-dremel ported LIM action. I got it for about 1/3 of what custom headers would cost me, though!

Even if you don't gain power, or you lower boost and keep the same power you were running earlier for reliability, you will probably enjoy this IM as long as it's well designed. I can't wait to see the dyno comparison!

Yea I know what your saying and thats exactly what I plan on doing. I`m going to dyno it at 9.5 - 10 psi, see what my gains are over old charts. Then smile for a bit. And turn down the boost to about 8 psi. The last thing I want to do is run that thing consistantly on 10 psi and have something go wrong. So I will have low setting at 5 psi and high setting at 8.5 psi.

I`m hoping to see somewhere around a 25 whp gain. Hopefully.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:36 PM
Turbo 4th Gen

i wish you the best of luck and im in for the results
Old 02-12-2010, 11:52 PM

Well Its SpeedForce is anything like our shop , it may be a small 1 man running shop , we do our own inhouse fabs with intake manifolds and turbos but we dont advertise as much like others, if a customers comes in and wants something done we do it and its out the door.

remember cost of materal , gas welder , labor all adds up , I wont argue about the price .. its a bit mark up but its their choice, but what im seeing more and more is the 00VI on a VQ35DE if your N/A ,

Truely the best flowing manifold but not under boost or n2o.. I know a few guys have ran the DE-K on boost with no issues. the FED spec VI is the one you wanna try out on a 3.5.

The speedforce resemmbles the Kientix manifold, I hope they did the time to check volume and if the runners are tapper in the plenuem.

Good luck on the SFR intake manifold, its still always nice to see differnt stuff out there to see if it works or not.

I hope to have our finshed in a few months after the motor is built
Old 02-13-2010, 05:09 PM
My axles cry for mercy...

Originally Posted by NiZMo1o1
but what im seeing more and more is the 00VI on a VQ35DE if your N/A ,

Truely the best flowing manifold but not under boost or n2o.. I know a few guys have ran the DE-K on boost with no issues. the FED spec VI is the one you wanna try out on a 3.5.
A friend of mine was running a VQ35DE block with VQ30DE ported heads and 00VI. He just replaced the 00VI with a FWD VQ35 intake manifold (and PFTB if that makes a difference) and its significantly faster from the butt dyno.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, this is just our experience with this specific setup.

Dynos coming soon N/A and on a 100 shot for this car. We'll also be doing a back to back dyno of two VQ30DEKs, on with an 00vi of course and the other with a FWD 3.5 intake manifold.

Last edited by essential1; 02-13-2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old 02-14-2010, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by essential1
A friend of mine was running a VQ35DE block with VQ30DE ported heads and 00VI. He just replaced the 00VI with a FWD VQ35 intake manifold (and PFTB if that makes a difference) and its significantly faster from the butt dyno.

I'm not saying one is better than the other, this is just our experience with this specific setup.

Dynos coming soon N/A and on a 100 shot for this car. We'll also be doing a back to back dyno of two VQ30DEKs, on with an 00vi of course and the other with a FWD 3.5 intake manifold.
yeah get a dyno on that with the 3.5 + VI if possiable stock motor before and after VI and 3.5 Manifold.

Im just curious to see if the VI flows better ... if there is a gain with the VI that would be nice , altho Im not sure how it will hold under turbo boost VS s/c (the plastic manifold) im sure Nissan done some test and pressure that intake manifold but we would never know.

Im really looking forward on those #s if it does or doesnt make power so I can ease my mind. I was tinkering this idea 3 years ago but didnt want to go thru the trouble of taking 2 daily driven cars apart to test one out.
Old 02-14-2010, 05:54 AM

yeah get a dyno on that with the 3.5 + VI if possiable stock motor before and after VI and 3.5 Manifold.

Im just curious to see if the VI flows better ... if there is a gain with the VI that would be nice , altho Im not sure how it will hold under turbo boost VS s/c (the plastic manifold) im sure Nissan done some test and pressure that intake manifold but we would never know.

Im really looking forward on those #s if it does or doesnt make power so I can ease my mind. I was tinkering this idea 3 years ago but didnt want to go thru the trouble of taking 2 daily driven cars apart to test one out.
Yea, theres gonna be a bunch of dynos coming soon.

I love the 00VI's design and how it makes for such a smooth power band. But you can just look at any 3.5 Intake manifold and see the difference in volume (in air) compared to the 00VI. I mean just compare the TBs alone. You can swallow the VI TB with a pathfinder.

If nissan had designed the 00VI with as much volume as any 3.5 IM, I think we'd see 300whp at or just past the stock redline on tons of bolt on and tuned VQ35s.
Old 02-14-2010, 04:54 PM

^^ only issue is would the 3.5 TB bolt up to the VI , remember im DBW.... im sure we coan convert it but im not planning to go thru that to find out. hopefully a 4th gen VQ35 VI swap dyno it
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 AM

Anything on that dyno numbers yet?
Old 02-15-2010, 09:08 AM

^^ only issue is would the 3.5 TB bolt up to the VI , remember im DBW.... im sure we coan convert it but im not planning to go thru that to find out. hopefully a 4th gen VQ35 VI swap dyno it
It wont bolt up I know for a fact.

As far as converting the TB to cable, i've seen it done on a twin turbo G35. And that was with the HR if i'm not mistaken because it had two cable TBs.

I think there are better alternatives to the 00vi on a VQ35 though as far as overal power (not just peak numbers) but well see when those dynos come in. I'm gonna head down to the shop today with my buddy with that 4th gen with the 350Z IM that emerald did the piping on. He has to order some stuff and hopefully he'll be tuned by this weekend.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM

eh yeah ^ totally miss this thread even tho you came down yesterday.... I totally forgot about asking you about this as my wiring guy was showing me a thing about cliffords.

I think its safe to say ive pretty much torn down a 6th gen from ground up already. I just havent taken the complete dash board out but that will soon come out to install the electronics
Old 04-13-2010, 02:39 PM

Dug this out of the archives.lol Just got a little sumpin sumpin delivered by UPS today. Finally received the polished IM and engine cover. Now just waiting on the NWP spacer. It going back to the dyno for tune on the 21st, if I receive the spacer in time.
Old 04-14-2010, 06:19 AM

Very much looking forward to the 00vi vs 02vi test... will the 02vi be stock, vias delete, ssim? As far as I can tell, the SSIM is pretty great for high revs, but haven't really seen anything comparing it to the 00vi.
Old 04-14-2010, 02:49 PM

Dug this out of the archives.lol Just got a little sumpin sumpin delivered by UPS today. Finally received the polished IM and engine cover. Now just waiting on the NWP spacer. It going back to the dyno for tune on the 21st, if I receive the spacer in time.
looking forward to this , could you post some pics of the flanges/ports of this manifold ?

Thanks
Old 04-15-2010, 06:24 AM

Very much looking forward to the 00vi vs 02vi test... will the 02vi be stock, vias delete, ssim? As far as I can tell, the SSIM is pretty great for high revs, but haven't really seen anything comparing it to the 00vi.
It will just have the VIAS delete.

We already did it on a 3.5 swaped 4th gen. (had 00vi before) We dont have any hard documents to show the increase yet but the difference was night and day. The car is a friggin tourqe monster now. It has some 255/40/17 on the front and with just a blip of the throttle in 1st gear the tires light up and the car literally revs like its in neutral. It got loose from a 2nd gear 40 roll the other day too. I know it's a n00b way of scaling power, but it never did that with the 00vi and that was the only change. Deffinately more tourqe now.

The car still has alot left in it too. It still has stock diameter exhaust piping and still needs IM spacers, headers, and tune. So I say it's beneficial to a 3.5 car, now we just have to see what it does on a DEK.

I know about this thread already.

http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/5...os-inside.html

Just wanna get some first hand results.

Last edited by essential1; 04-15-2010 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:02 AM

It will just have the VIAS delete.

We already did it on a 3.5 swaped 4th gen. (had 00vi before) We dont have any hard documents to show the increase yet but the difference was night and day. The car is a friggin tourqe monster now. It has some 255/40/17 on the front and with just a blip of the throttle in 1st gear the tires light up and the car literally revs like its in neutral. It got loose from a 2nd gear 40 roll the other day too. I know it's a n00b way of scaling power, but it never did that with the 00vi and that was the only change. Deffinately more tourqe now.

The car still has alot left in it too. It still has stock diameter exhaust piping and still needs IM spacers, headers, and tune. So I say it's beneficial to a 3.5 car, now we just have to see what it does on a DEK.

I know about this thread already.

http://forums.maxima.org/all-motor/5...os-inside.html

Just wanna get some first hand results.

That is USIM vs 02VI as far as i can tell... I've seen that. I am just interested in seeing numbers from a 00vi vs the 02vi.
Old 04-15-2010, 07:26 AM

any pictures ?