Supercharged/Turbocharged The increase in air/fuel pressure above atmospheric pressure in the intake system caused by the action of a supercharger or turbocharger attached to an engine.

Alternative to bigger injectors

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 07:30 PM

Alternative to bigger injectors

So back in the day Hal and others used to run two additional injectors to provide fuel when in boost, this worked but as we know was not the most efficient setup (specially some manifolds not having even distribution).

Now, how about having direct port fuel nozzles (from a nitrous kit just without nitrous nozzles) and leaving the stock injectors in. The fuel solenoid would come on with a Boost switch at certain PSI.

I think its a pretty cool idea, considering its very simple to change out the fuel jets for more or less fuel.

What are your thoughts....
Old 11-06-2011, 02:28 PM
LandShark has Cosworth

Originally Posted by streetzlegend
So back in the day Hal and others used to run two additional injectors to provide fuel when in boost, this worked but as we know was not the most efficient setup (specially some manifolds not having even distribution).

Now, how about having direct port fuel nozzles (from a nitrous kit just without nitrous nozzles) and leaving the stock injectors in. The fuel solenoid would come on with a Boost switch at certain PSI.

I think its a pretty cool idea, considering its very simple to change out the fuel jets for more or less fuel.

What are your thoughts....
Thoughts? I've sprayed just fuel through a NX Shark nozzle (with the nitrous connection capped) and I saw a pretty weak spray coming out. You could try this yourself and see what you think - but even a touch of nitrous would atomize the fuel much better. Maybe a much higher fuel pressure? Or a methanol pump from Snow? Are those higher pressure pumps?

It that works, could you use this to go past fuel-cut?
Old 11-06-2011, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by grey99max
Thoughts? I've sprayed just fuel through a NX Shark nozzle (with the nitrous connection capped) and I saw a pretty weak spray coming out. You could try this yourself and see what you think - but even a touch of nitrous would atomize the fuel much better. Maybe a much higher fuel pressure? Or a methanol pump from Snow? Are those higher pressure pumps?

It that works, could you use this to go past fuel-cut?
Well, instead of a nitrous fuel jet, we can use a methanol nozzle which atomizes the fluid better. Not really going to try it since I already have bigger injectors, but I just thought of it and wanted to share lol