Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

Wheel Spacers 15mm backordered?!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2003, 07:17 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Wheel Spacers 15mm backordered?!

I just sold my 20's this week and bought a new set of 19's that will probably fit my car a bit better. Anyhow they are 19x8.5 w/ a 45mm offset. That offset is a bit high so I figured why not order 5mm and 15mm spacers. I had no problem doing so then two days later I get a call from ECS saying...oh um well the 15mm is on backorder and has been for months. I'm new to the maxima world and had no idea of this so I'm ****ED!!!! That I can't put these wheels on now. I guess my question is can I fit them with just 5mm front and back? OR will it look like hell? I have JIC's so I guess I can raise the car a bit to keep it from looking like i'm riding on bike tires. Ah I'm just so upset about this! I've only owned this car a month and a half and already every part I've bought for it doesn't work right. Any suggestions would be great thanks guys!

-Dave
Old 10-02-2003, 09:31 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Hamy
I just sold my 20's this week and bought a new set of 19's that will probably fit my car a bit better. Anyhow they are 19x8.5 w/ a 45mm offset. That offset is a bit high so I figured why not order 5mm and 15mm spacers. I had no problem doing so then two days later I get a call from ECS saying...oh um well the 15mm is on backorder and has been for months. I'm new to the maxima world and had no idea of this so I'm ****ED!!!! That I can't put these wheels on now. I guess my question is can I fit them with just 5mm front and back? OR will it look like hell? I have JIC's so I guess I can raise the car a bit to keep it from looking like i'm riding on bike tires. Ah I'm just so upset about this! I've only owned this car a month and a half and already every part I've bought for it doesn't work right. Any suggestions would be great thanks guys!

-Dave
are u buying new rims? why not get the correct offset wheels from the get go and do away with the spacer BS?
Old 10-02-2003, 10:17 AM
Very sound, Mike

H&R Spacers have been backordered for months - i thought everyone already knew this from the posts over at the 5th gen forum.

In any case, if you have 5mm handy - put those in the back and leave the front as-is. It'll help alleviate the problem a little bit.
Old 10-02-2003, 11:15 AM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally Posted by soundmike
H&R Spacers have been backordered for months - i thought everyone already knew this from the posts over at the 5th gen forum.

In any case, if you have 5mm handy - put those in the back and leave the front as-is. It'll help alleviate the problem a little bit.
H&R

It's a dam*n shame b/c I've had four canceled orders for spacers over the past 2 months because H&R has been hauling **** on their spacer production.

Anyway... when purchasing wheels, get the 'suggested' offset (as well as 'suggested' tiresize) so you can save yourself some trouble with spacer-bs.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
are u buying new rims? why not get the correct offset wheels from the get go and do away with the spacer BS?
I already have the wheels and the 5mm spacers. My problem is that my car is so low...3"/2.7" that I need a higher offset near 40mm front and 38 rear to fit such a big wheel. I guess I could just raise the car, but I hate to do that because it does look good. You live and learn, my next set of wheels will be closer to the "correct" offset.
Old 10-02-2003, 12:40 PM
Chick specializing in rounding up 100+ Maximas

Originally Posted by Hamy
I already have the wheels and the 5mm spacers. My problem is that my car is so low...3"/2.7" that I need a higher offset near 40mm front and 38 rear to fit such a big wheel. I guess I could just raise the car, but I hate to do that because it does look good. You live and learn, my next set of wheels will be closer to the "correct" offset.

how did u get 3" drop?

camber plate?
Old 10-02-2003, 08:05 PM

JIC coilovers....its just my guess that its around 3". It may be a bit more or less.