Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

powder coater

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 10:41 AM

powder coater

me and my brothers are pitching in to get a powder coating paint gun, does anyone have any experience powder coating rims using a paint gun??
Old 10-20-2003, 10:59 AM
VQ Wizard

Originally Posted by Grisadiche
me and my brothers are pitching in to get a powder coating paint gun, does anyone have any experience powder coating rims using a paint gun??
While you're at it you may as well shop for a 220v air compressor to run your new bead blaster non stop for a few hours in your new blast cabinet. And find a place to store an oven large enough to bake the rims when you're finally done. Also don't forget the supply of powder and several hoppers to go along with it. You will need a cabinet to do the powder coating in as well that needs to have a shop vac connected to it and running while you're spraying powder everywhere.

Powder coating is nice but it requires much more expense and shop space than meets the eye.
Old 10-20-2003, 11:47 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

how do you powder coat with a PAINT GUN? time to read up on powder coating perhaps?
Old 10-20-2003, 04:04 PM

we have the back of a box truck with good ventilation to do it, we have the compressor, and we also have a large oven, so i guess all we need is the gun and the powder...........i know its more expensive and hard than meets the eye, but its worth a shot, since we've already had all the other stuff. DanNY, they sell powder coating paint guns all over ebay, but i was also asking about the credibility of them, do they work well or what..........anybody know??
Old 10-22-2003, 05:49 AM
VQ Wizard

www.columbiacoatings.com
Old 10-22-2003, 07:02 AM

thank you sr20den, we found like a 200 dollar one that seems pretty decent
Old 10-22-2003, 08:34 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

we have the back of a box truck with good ventilation to do it, we have the compressor, and we also have a large oven, so i guess all we need is the gun and the powder...........i know its more expensive and hard than meets the eye, but its worth a shot, since we've already had all the other stuff. DanNY, they sell powder coating paint guns all over ebay, but i was also asking about the credibility of them, do they work well or what..........anybody know??
did u not say PAINT GUN?
it's not paint...it's a powder gun.

www.eastwoodco.com

u don't really need ventilation to do powder coating. the powder is stuck on the part by static electricity. just wear a decent mask and you'll be ok...no need for additional air pump respirator.

before you correct me correct yourself 1st. gotta love the newbies.