Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

20 inch rim question

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2004, 08:30 AM

See, the thing is you started this. You're the one who started with the ego, and as vets, we figured we'd knock it down a couple of notches. No one started the comparisons until you started insinuating a member was broke because he couldn't afford 20"s. That's when it all started. You haven't addressed that point yet at all. If you had kept it civil, I think everyone else would have too.

You've been here since 2002, I've been on the .org since 1998, and several of the other guys you're arguing with have been here longer than you. We remember what the .org used to be like. When new things were always being tried out, it was exciting, and people actually contributed. All you know is when the newbies came in, and the .org degenerated into this. It gets old really fast when every post is about 20"s, neon lights, stickers, intakes, etc. Guys like you are the reason that the guys with really nice Maximas who experiment and try new things, and could actually contribute knowledge to the community left or don't join. Don't act all high and mighty. You got your help, but if you're going to start an immature flame war, be prepared to deal with it.

And no, none of the "vets" spend their entire salary on their car. I'm pretty sure most of us spend a lower percentage than the newer younger guys. It's funny that you started with the attitude that 20"s made you better than BigD, but now you're trying to be the voice of restraint. So which one is it? Are you the baller who started this thread? Or are you the restrained poster you're doing now? Pick one, you can't keep contradicting yourself and being both. You started it by acting like you were better than someone for spending more, and now you're acting like we spend too much on our cars just because we've spent more than you. Maybe some of us can just afford to spend more... If I've got a house, other cars, investments, savings, and a nice job, why not drop some money on the Maxima?

BTW, still waiting on pics of that awesome Z which I'm sure cost more than my house right?

Originally Posted by RSA_MAX
thanks man, you see my point, the org is nothing it was years ago, now it is a big contest on who has what and to dis other cars if you don't agree with somebody's style. A couple years ago if I posted that thread it would have about 10 responses on helpful tips and reccomendations about the tires. Instead now, we have a*ssholes who say "chrome are gay, you have cloth seats, etc." There is no need for that b/s here and even when asked to keep the b/s out of this thread "veteran" @$$holes who have an ego because they're maxima is loaded with their annual salary, think they rule over all. How about you stop spending so much money on your family sedan and actually buy a bigger house for your families. People on this board have these "hooked up maximas" but yet are living in apartments and 100,000 homes. You wanna talk about being a baller, be a baller for real. Maxima's are not for ballers no matter what you do to it, no matter what kind of 17 inch alloy's are on it, they are not race cars and they are not for ballers.
Old 06-13-2004, 10:11 AM
www.autotalk.com

Still waiting on the pics of the the ALL MIGHTY Z32!
Old 06-13-2004, 11:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

TK
Old 06-13-2004, 05:14 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by SkylineGTR

TK

Old 06-14-2004, 08:35 AM

stfu moron(s)
Old 06-14-2004, 08:37 AM

TK
about as owned as thinking your maxima is a skyline...

Old 06-14-2004, 03:26 PM

I wanna see the Z32....... Awaiting pics......
Old 06-15-2004, 03:33 AM

very original slammed, please look at my previous thread, MORON.
Old 06-15-2004, 06:48 AM
OG and counting...

a) Don't you mean Katana Spazios?

Pretty much the same rim as:

b) Out of curiousity, what do you plan to do in order to make sure you don't come outside and find your Max on crates? Not trying to be a hater but security for those puppies should be a major concern.
Old 06-15-2004, 08:34 AM

those are very similiar, however they are listed on ebay as "rvm spazios" but that is an error. The official name of the rim are the "rvm destiny" The people on ebay probably listed it as rvm spazio for those looking for an rvm wheel or the katana spazio as they are very similiar. As for security, thats handled with custom made lug locks. good looks
Old 06-15-2004, 09:19 AM
VIP Maxima

my friend has these on his max, the katanas. 18" with H&R springs. pretty rims if u ask me...

Old 06-15-2004, 01:22 PM

like i said before about as gay as 17s on a max, oh wait.. no nowhere near as gay, now do us all a favor and eat glass.
p.s. how are the lakers doing?
Old 06-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I just saw these "pimp" wheels on a VW bug today, and if they're on a bug, they've gotta be "pimp"

Edit: I'd also like to see these Z pics as there are some pretty nice ones around Ohio that I would love to compare it against (check page 2 of my site if any doubts)
Old 06-15-2004, 03:11 PM

Ok, I have to throw my 2 cents in. Here's how I see it. I not a fan chrome 20's and I want to side with the "veterans" but I can't. Here are the simple facts:

Post 1 By RSA_MAX

Hey guys, this weekend i'm buying 20 inch rvm spazio's, I don't know if anyone is familiar with them or has them on here (if you do speak up please!!) Anyway, I was wondering what the recommended low pro tire size I should get is? I know some people say it's gonna be a ***** to drive, a lot of people don't like chrome or 20s, or looks stupid on a max, so please save those comments and leave this thread to those who can help me out on what tires I should buy. Thanks a lot all help is greatly appreciated

Post 2 by Big D

Those are gonna be a ***** to drive. I hate chrome, especially on 20s. They will look very stupid on a maxima. Maybe I shouldn't have said all that. On a serious note, go to the WHEELS AND TIRES forum, it's there for a reason. Good day and don't get laughed at, often.

Big D clearly "started it", despite RSA_MAX clearly trying to avoid the negative responses he anticipated. Sorry Big D, just calling it like I see it. I'll admit some of RSA_MAX's responses are a little strong. Let's just end this ridiculousness. Unfortunately many of these problems could be avoided if we could have seperate technical and comsetic type forums.

Ok break it up children.
Old 06-16-2004, 02:51 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go

Edit: I'd also like to see these Z pics as there are some pretty nice ones around Ohio that I would love to compare it against (check page 2 of my site if any doubts)

they havent invented a camera that records your dreams at night... at least for now....

Old 06-16-2004, 06:16 PM

"vet"??? thats a riot. Many of us that are here are tuner heads in some shape form or fashion. Just because some are new to Maxima's than others, does not mean anything. Some like speed, others like show, and then there are those who like do things to be a part of the in-crowd. But, I think we can all agree, we all fit into one of these categories fairly. That said, why do people constantly spew crap all over these boards? If you don't like big wheels, loud exhaust, spectacular paint jobs, etc who cares???? My point is this is a hobby for ALL of us. If it were not, then one might not be here. It does not matter how much something cost, or what you were able to do on your car. Because at the end of the day, if you can't look at what you have and feel good about it, then really you play yourself.
Old 06-16-2004, 09:23 PM

first of all id like to say that all u dumbf**s that are talking sht on other people's taste are a bunch of morons. how can u tell some1 what looks good on there car and what doesn't. just couse u dont like 20's on a maxima doesnt mean u can start talking sht on the guy. now couse he has 20's hes a drugdealer? damn u guys are retarted!

Anyway on the the topic.

I "HAD"(b4 people start talking sht) 20's b4 and i went with 245/35. ride was some what ok w/eibach springs and kyb gas shoks. was a little bumpy didnt rub at all till u try to bust a b*tch then it would rub but i didnt fold my whell wel. other then that had no problems.

RSA_MAX: Ur ride would look nice dude dont let these dipshts get to u.

-juan
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by 97MAXI2NV
first of all id like to say that all u dumbf**s that are talking sht on other people's taste are a bunch of morons. how can u tell some1 what looks good on there car and what doesn't. just couse u dont like 20's on a maxima doesnt mean u can start talking sht on the guy. now couse he has 20's hes a drugdealer? damn u guys are retarted!

Anyway on the the topic.

I "HAD"(b4 people start talking sht) 20's b4 and i went with 245/35. ride was some what ok w/eibach springs and kyb gas shoks. was a little bumpy didnt rub at all till u try to bust a b*tch then it would rub but i didnt fold my whell wel. other then that had no problems.

RSA_MAX: Ur ride would look nice dude dont let these dipshts get to u.

-juan
Old 06-17-2004, 04:20 PM

I'll tell you what gets me the most. When someone likes 20's almost instantly they are "******". Or if someone likes to modify their car, they "white boys". This kind of retarded nature has to subside. There are plenty of caucasion men that like 20's on maxima's and there are many bronze complexion men who like a modded street racer. Why people make goofy stereo types in an age of mass diversity is beyond me. Don't let your MTV viewing confuse your P.O.V.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:58 PM

Why isn't this thread closed??? RSA's question was answered nothing else on this thread has any benefit to people on the org.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:00 PM

thanks to all those that replied, it takes a lot to shut these mor*ns on the org up, but it finally worked. Its too bad this board can't be a place for respectable adults to get advice for their cars instead it's a breeding ground of hate and envy, where those who don't have hate on other cars. I agree, grow up if you didn't like the topic or my car or anyone elses, shut up and don't post, you aren't being payed to post why do you do it so much? You just love to see yourselves talk about b/s.

Well, hopefully this thread will now be closed, but hey it was fun.. many got

owned on the org, lol..
Old 06-17-2004, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMaxSE
they havent invented a camera that records your dreams at night... at least for now....
yo.. what is really fun is I talked to a couple of your friends on the board and turns out that you drive a stock, gxe, 97 ALTIMA!!!! The "98sterlingmax" is in fact his MOTHERS CAR, which he has been trying to convince her to "hook up" for her. I believe now you must feel really good about yourself bragging about what you have and who you think is a baller when you are a "maximaniac" yet you don't own one yourself.

Not sure how that works, but we all think it's time you shut up, , and kiss my @$$ b/c well friend...

You've Been

Old 06-18-2004, 02:38 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMaxSE
WTF are you talking about?
Old 06-18-2004, 09:36 AM

obviously, you didn't read the thread... else you would know what that was about.
Old 06-18-2004, 04:48 PM

You did not miss anything, just a couple of ricer's (I use that term loosely) who for some reason felt compelled to attack RSA_MAX on the fact he wanted to buy 20" rims for "his" vehicle. What got me is these are the same clowns that tried to turn things around and make me out to be the bad guy in the forum regarding MaximaGirl97's I30 on 20's. All in all, you can tell that most of the people on these boards are wanna be's (no matter what race or economic background.) Sure they have cool screen names or even pics of cars that are hooked up, but do we really now they are their cars????? The true vets here that have knowledge (Like myself) either don't deal with these flaming posts or choose to show the fakers true colors for being...... well fake.

BTW, RSA_MAX have you seen MaximaGirls97's I30 since she had here drop recently? If not heres a link to it. http://hometown.aol.com/msprincezzj/ALTY.html
Old 06-20-2004, 05:38 AM

Originally Posted by gqmac2
You did not miss anything, just a couple of ricer's (I use that term loosely) who for some reason felt compelled to attack RSA_MAX on the fact he wanted to buy 20" rims for "his" vehicle. What got me is these are the same clowns that tried to turn things around and make me out to be the bad guy in the forum regarding MaximaGirl97's I30 on 20's. All in all, you can tell that most of the people on these boards are wanna be's (no matter what race or economic background.) Sure they have cool screen names or even pics of cars that are hooked up, but do we really now they are their cars????? The true vets here that have knowledge (Like myself) either don't deal with these flaming posts or choose to show the fakers true colors for being...... well fake.

BTW, RSA_MAX have you seen MaximaGirls97's I30 since she had here drop recently? If not heres a link to it. http://hometown.aol.com/msprincezzj/ALTY.html

big ups, and f*ck all these "vet ricers," get chromed out engine bays and think you can tell me that chrome 20s are fugly.. you clowns make me laugh...
Old 06-30-2004, 01:11 PM

That picture is a 5th gen chassis. If you take measurements of the body its clear that the 5th gen has more of it. Same reason why the stock 17in SE rims look killer on a 4th gen, but look a tad bit small for the 5th gens "extra body." Like the 2002+ Altima, which also plagued by rather large body panels, it requires a slightly larger rim to achieve the same "look." 18/19s on a 4th gen look "bigger" than they do on a 5th gen. A 4th gen can make 17s look "better" than a 5th gen. To get the similar look on a 5th gen, generally going one size larger gives the same result. That 5th gen looks good with 20in rims, because theres a bit more car to for it to blend in with, whereas on a 4th gen the car itself not being quite as tall(from bottom of body to roof, and not overall height) 19s can achieve the same blend. A more simplified idea is; using 18s on a civic, but to achieve same look on an Accord, one would need to go larger.

I've seen this thread through from the beginning, and by the very first post, RSA knew there would be people making rash comments about 20s on a Maxima, that obviously was expected, as in any automotive forum, there is always going to be someone jumping in and bashing. The resulting flood of insults came from RSA calling another member out and continuing to make insults about other members spending their salaries on their car and not taking care of their families and not having lives etc...

TK
Old 06-30-2004, 02:20 PM
www.autotalk.com

And we are still waiting on the pics of the Z.....
Old 06-30-2004, 09:23 PM
VIP Maxima

yo.. what is really fun is I talked to a couple of your friends on the board and turns out that you drive a stock, gxe, 97 ALTIMA!!!! The "98sterlingmax" is in fact his MOTHERS CAR, which he has been trying to convince her to "hook up" for her. I believe now you must feel really good about yourself bragging about what you have and who you think is a baller when you are a "maximaniac" yet you don't own one yourself.

Not sure how that works, but we all think it's time you shut up, , and kiss my @$$ b/c well friend...

You've Been

hey drug dealer, looks like u grabbed ur tail and ran away when i offered to put on the pink slip for the lower mileage??

what happend? u ran away? i thought ur max was special since it had low miles, im still offering you the pink slip. if you think ur $hit has low miles, then put your slip on the line. i bet ur pu$$y *** is gonna run away again.

and my FRIENDS say taht i have a 97 ALTIMA GXE??? then wth am i doing on a maxima forum idiot. if a 17 year old drug dealer can afford a maxima then i sure as hell can afford one too. my moms car? LOL ! only if u say so.

EXCUSES are like a$$holes, everyone has one and they all stink !

put up your slip and get your head outta ur a$$

Old 06-30-2004, 10:19 PM

Why do you insists on calling this cat a drug dealer? Thats weak, really. Just because he likes BIG chrome wheels on his car does not mean he is a street pharmacists. Thats not even an insults, thats like complimenting him. Think of all the people that purchase flashy vehicles with chrome wheels to show status (which chrome has historically been known for). I can tell you of several professionals that are not working in the entertainment industry or affiliates with "rap" culture that spend big money to get BIG chrome wheels and other things that are pointless for there cars. These include DVD's players with monitors in the vehicle, extreme (1k or more watts) car stereo systems, mini fridges in the car (WTF) or my favorite the "special edition" vehicles. (Like the Eddie Bauer editions, AMG's, L-Tunes, or the Hennessey variants.) But for the most part, the real drug dealers, not the peddlers but the "gentlemen" in these high society organizations that are good friends with powerful politicians and ambassadors are also buying BIG Chrome wheels at the drop of a hat. (you know the ones that never get legally in trouble because of their ties to organized crime and justices on thier payroll). They buy things to for extreme lavishness.

My point is calling this guy a drug dealer is not insulting him but giving him props.
Old 06-30-2004, 10:38 PM

about as owned as thinking your maxima is a skyline...

My Skyline is as real as your Z32.

TK

PS now whos
Old 06-30-2004, 10:40 PM

Why do you insists on calling this cat a drug dealer? Thats weak, really. Just because he likes BIG chrome wheels on his car does not mean he is a street pharmacists. Thats not even an insults, thats like complimenting him. Think of all the people that purchase flashy vehicles with chrome wheels to show status (which chrome has historically been known for). I can tell you of several professionals that are not working in the entertainment industry or affiliates with "rap" culture that spend big money to get BIG chrome wheels and other things that are pointless for there cars. These include DVD's players with monitors in the vehicle, extreme (1k or more watts) car stereo systems, mini fridges in the car (WTF) or my favorite the "special edition" vehicles. (Like the Eddie Bauer editions, AMG's, L-Tunes, or the Hennessey variants.) But for the most part, the real drug dealers, not the peddlers but the "gentlemen" in these high society organizations that are good friends with powerful politicians and ambassadors are also buying BIG Chrome wheels at the drop of a hat. (you know the ones that never get legally in trouble because of their ties to organized crime and justices on thier payroll). They buy things to for extreme lavishness.

My point is calling this guy a drug dealer is not insulting him but giving him props.
Go to page 1 and read the first 8 or so posts and find out for yourself who starts the insults. BigD is the first one to respond to this thread and says the comments that RSA_MAX specifically claimed for people to keep to themselves, however in that same post he does make a point that he's just giving him a hard time and says to post in the CORRECT FORUM. In response RSA_MAX begins calling BigD out saying comments about how a grown man could drive a Maxima and have no money. Step back and figure out what's really going on, other members only started chiming in with their remarks/insults because thats how RSA_MAX responded to someone who was giving him the correct advice, and to begin to repeatedly call out other members. Don't just jump into this thread midway and assume that you know who started what, if you're going to try to defend this guy, go back to page one and read ALL the posts.

TK
Old 06-30-2004, 10:52 PM

Go to page 1 and read the first 8 or so posts and find out for yourself who starts the insults. BigD is the first one to respond to this thread and says the comments that RSA_MAX specifically claimed for people to keep to themselves, however in that same post he does make a point that he's just giving him a hard time and says to post in the CORRECT FORUM. In response RSA_MAX begins calling BigD out saying comments about how a grown man could drive a Maxima and have no money. Step back and figure out what's really going on, other members only started chiming in with their remarks/insults because thats how RSA_MAX responded to someone who was giving him the correct advice, and to begin to repeatedly call out other members. Don't just jump into this thread midway and assume that you know who started what, if you're going to try to defend this guy, go back to page one and read ALL the posts.

TK
I have read the thread all the way through. Evidently you did not bother to read the first 3 post (I don't know where you got the insults begin in the first 8) that were for this thread. The insults started with Big D's comment not RSA. Here is the 1st 3 threads from page 1 post 1,2, & 3.

06-01-2004, 03:20 PM
20 inch rim question Post #1
RSA_MAX
Maximaniac

Year: 1999
Color: sterling mist
Trim: gxe
Report Post | IP: Logged Hey guys, this weekend i'm buying 20 inch rvm spazio's, I don't know if anyone is familiar with them or has them on here (if you do speak up please!!) Anyway, I was wondering what the recommended low pro tire size I should get is? I know some people say it's gonna be a ***** to drive, a lot of people don't like chrome or 20s, or looks stupid on a max, so please save those comments and leave this thread to those who can help me out on what tires I should buy. Thanks a lot all help is greatly appreciated.

06-01-2004, 03:28 PM
Post #2

Big D
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Year: 96.8
Color: BLACK
Trim: SE
Report Post | IP: Logged Those are gonna be a ***** to drive. I hate chrome, especially on 20s. They will look very stupid on a maxima. Maybe I shouldn't have said all that. On a serious note, go to the WHEELS AND TIRES forum, it's there for a reason. Good day and don't get laughed at, often.

06-01-2004, 03:29 PM
Post #3

RSA_MAX
Maximaniac

Year: 1999
Color: sterling mist
Trim: gxe
Report Post | IP: Logged ohhhhh you told me, by the way I like the sawblades on your maxima, maybe I should buy those instead...

I am not sure what you read but clearly this statement (On a serious note, go to the WHEELS AND TIRES forum, it's there for a reason. Good day and don't get laughed at, often.) is what sparked RSA. Anyone can read and pick up the insult on intellect, and taste. Not to mention, the opening of RSA was asking noone with nothing positive to say need not reply. So why is it you don't see that? What are you and Big D buddies and thats why YOUR trying to defend him? Lets say I made a comment right now about how you should not type here because your looking at the thread but your not READING the thread, you would defend yourself, right???? You would feel insulted right??? Thats what RSA did & felt I am sure. (Hell thats what I got from it and I am not the one about to but 20" rims.) Had Big D kept his personal passionate discontent for Big Chrome Wheels to a himself and just said his piece, I am sure none of the other garbage would have ensued. Now beyond that point there may have been things said that were completely out of context by him and others, but keep in mind the guy did respectfully ask ALL members to keep negativity to themselves. Thus if they make the comment, he is in every right entitled to defend himself. (no matter how low his insults may be.)

I am not defending anyone or anything. I am making a realistic point. Which is from the start of this thread, people who don't like chrome wheels have been post whoring here. If not that, Why post when clearly the guy asked for the members to not reply with negativity respectfully. Its up to the others to respect that. Just as you chose to reply to my posts in effort to make me look like I was jumping in on a arguement with no protocol or maybe you felt the need to try and make another member look bad. In which case you are now aware that not only have I been here in the thread since its beginning, but have made comments throughout the entire thing for BOTH sides. Not just one. Its not wise to assume someone is jumping into something when your not quite sure of their stance on an issue to boot.
Old 06-30-2004, 11:14 PM

That picture is a 5th gen chassis. If you take measurements of the body its clear that the 5th gen has more of it. Same reason why the stock 17in SE rims look killer on a 4th gen, but look a tad bit small for the 5th gens "extra body." Like the 2002+ Altima, which also plagued by rather large body panels, it requires a slightly larger rim to achieve the same "look." 18/19s on a 4th gen look "bigger" than they do on a 5th gen. A 4th gen can make 17s look "better" than a 5th gen. To get the similar look on a 5th gen, generally going one size larger gives the same result. That 5th gen looks good with 20in rims, because theres a bit more car to for it to blend in with, whereas on a 4th gen the car itself not being quite as tall(from bottom of body to roof, and not overall height) 19s can achieve the same blend. A more simplified idea is; using 18s on a civic, but to achieve same look on an Accord, one would need to go larger.

I've seen this thread through from the beginning, and by the very first post, RSA knew there would be people making rash comments about 20s on a Maxima, that obviously was expected, as in any automotive forum, there is always going to be someone jumping in and bashing. The resulting flood of insults came from RSA calling another member out and continuing to make insults about other members spending their salaries on their car and not taking care of their families and not having lives etc...

TK
And this is no different from the "other members" making comments about RSA and other people that do like chrome wheels being drug dealers or wanna be ballers. The thread started off about a 5th gen maxima so naturally any 5th gen maxima or I30/I35 will be the photos that are shown. Your right about the 4th gen not looking right with wheels larger than 18's just as the 5th looks good with 19's (and some 20's). But that was not my reason for making the statement I did. Just as I said, some ricers were choosing to be disrespectful to someone that does not share in thier passion to turn a family sedan into a race vehicle. Hey myself, I love performance modding, but I also appreciate the classy appearance of chrome wheels. But thats me, myself, and I. I would not dare try to spoon feed my POV's to anyone. (Which is the reason this bash fest took place from the jump.)

If you want to know my true feeling about it, I would have to say that some of the comments that were made represented stereo types. (yes I will say it racism.) The whole "drug dealer" and "MTV" cracks were no more than a sly way of trying to degrade a black guy that finds value in material possessions. The "spending all your money on your car and not on your family"or my Z will kick your cars ***" thing was nothing more than a degrading statement about white guys that like speed. The sad part is these dumb statements are far from the truth. If I recall their was even a point when a few of the members were making comments to the effect of "see what happens when the value of our precious vehicles gets so low that people with no taste or that could not afford the car when it was new start making a travesty out of our beloved herion Maxima." To me this sounds like something a snot nose, ivy league, caucasion brat would say when he notices minorities are able to afford a vehicle that he likes as well and are willing to put money into it for their own personalization. (which is stupid to think that minorities can't afford it when its brand new or that caucasions are the only people that can afford it.) There are many people (different races and genders) that spend lots of money on the project cars to modify them for speed. It just so happens most of it in magazines are of white guys. Just like there are many people (races and genders) that spend tons of money on Chrome Wheels and loud stereo systems. It just so happens that MTV\BET\GHETTOFIED MAGAZINES display black guys parading with these items.

Thats why I am a elitists and feel the media has a responsibility in preventing stereotypes of this caliber at all costs.
Old 07-01-2004, 09:55 AM

The comment about car value going low was directed towards the younger audience. How many BMW/Audi/MB/etc do you see with so called "rice" mods. You're reading far too much into each comment. Every "riced out" car you see on the road usually belongs to someone in the 16-19 age bracket, and are the ones that like to get cheap mods, usually because they are young and are in school and can't afford a 600 dollar exhaust or 3000 dollar supercharger. So they opt for things such as a 50 dollar muffler and get it welded on, or washer nozzle lights, etc... It's a childs mindset, if you get big wheels, people around you think you are a badass for modifying your car to that extent, most don't know that 20s can be had for a rather conservative price, hell I didn't know they were that cheap until I saw the links in this thread.

Secondly, you don't post in an automotive forum of 30k members and expect that a comment about keeping rash comments to oneself will be followed by everyone. That's simply naiive to think that just because he told everyone to keep insults to themselves it means that the insults he threw in are nulled. When you make a post like "what color underglows should I get?" theres going to be a flood of people calling you a ricer, or fnf racer, etc... Tons of people on here begin threads asking questions about the mods they want to do, not many of them turn into 4 page debates because many people expect a certain level of criticism. The forums aren't perfect, none of them are, if you hang around other automotive forums, its quite clear that theres always going to be people responding with insults. Deal with it and move on, don't call out other members, and then make up a Z32 story, and then comment about how others spend too much money on their cars.

TK

PS I'm done wasting bandwidth.
Old 07-01-2004, 11:54 AM
VIP Maxima

im still waiting for 2 things.

1) the pink slip
2) z32 pics

Old 07-01-2004, 01:29 PM

The comment about car value going low was directed towards the younger audience. How many BMW/Audi/MB/etc do you see with so called "rice" mods. You're reading far too much into each comment. Every "riced out" car you see on the road usually belongs to someone in the 16-19 age bracket, and are the ones that like to get cheap mods, usually because they are young and are in school and can't afford a 600 dollar exhaust or 3000 dollar supercharger. So they opt for things such as a 50 dollar muffler and get it welded on, or washer nozzle lights, etc... It's a childs mindset, if you get big wheels, people around you think you are a badass for modifying your car to that extent, most don't know that 20s can be had for a rather conservative price, hell I didn't know they were that cheap until I saw the links in this thread.

Secondly, you don't post in an automotive forum of 30k members and expect that a comment about keeping rash comments to oneself will be followed by everyone. That's simply naiive to think that just because he told everyone to keep insults to themselves it means that the insults he threw in are nulled. When you make a post like "what color underglows should I get?" theres going to be a flood of people calling you a ricer, or fnf racer, etc... Tons of people on here begin threads asking questions about the mods they want to do, not many of them turn into 4 page debates because many people expect a certain level of criticism. The forums aren't perfect, none of them are, if you hang around other automotive forums, its quite clear that theres always going to be people responding with insults. Deal with it and move on, don't call out other members, and then make up a Z32 story, and then comment about how others spend too much money on their cars.

TK

PS I'm done wasting bandwidth.
I am glad you are done wasting bandwidth, because you could have chose to not reply at all and save it to start. You seem to forget that I am not the individual that made those statements about other members. So you should direct them to the designated person. The comments I mentioned on low value were made not to address the younger crowd. (If they were then the people that made them would have made an indication during their comment.) Did you see one? I sure as hell did not. The only thing I read into was what you and others wrote. (What just because I mentioned a ugly word that noone likes to admit but everyone here seems to get commradoree out of using its application loosely?) Fact is fact, and that is an ugly fact that stereotypes float on this forum like flies over feces. Seriously.

And simply because this is a space on the world wide web does not excuse it from whats called "social etiquette". If someone ask others not do something, out of respect, the person(s) should respect that request. Thus when its violated or disrespected, regardless of how flammable the topic, that person is entitled to defend themselves. What you just said about the reality that happens on these boards is just as childish in behavior as the "ricers" you mentioned. (Yes I am aware it happens and realize the problems that occur, but in that retrospect why do people not get ragged for threads about rice mods or help I need _____???) Last I checked, mechanics fix cars as a job. Everyone here is not a mechanic. In fact I doubt out of the 30k members here, that 1/3 of them are certified mechanics by the ASA.

The only difference in this case is again its a fact that no one wants to admit yet majority seems to get enjoyment out of participating in it. As I have said many times, if you don't like big wheels or chrome who gives a flip. If you don't like mufflers, and fiberglass hoods, tough ****. This is a public domain meaning all people are entitle to say what they like without the fear that someone will try to degrade them for any reasoning. This does not exclude ANYONE! Which is why I did not say people need to stop, but need to RESPECT others wishes, taste, likes, differences, etc.

BTW, I am not sure where you are from, but here in the south for the record there are tons of kids between the ages of 16-22 that own MB, Audi, BMW, Lexus, Acuras, Saab, Infiniti's, and even Volvo's that "rice" them out. I am still not sure what is the point of anally raping a luxury car that is not meant for speed but for luxuriousness and style, but thats again my opinion. I have seen bad deals dealt the Q45's, I30's, ES300's, 5 series, CLK's, A6's, S40 & S60's, RL's, 9-5's, and even SUV from these companies. Sure mods are made for these vehicles but how many REAL track times has anyone seen where adding these mods make these vehicles perform more than 20% better??? The stuff that can benefit these cars cost lots of money and many do not go that route.

There are even some members in this forum right here that desimate their Infiniti's as well as other in different forums (by trying to make their luxury cars different from everyone else.) And believe it or not, they don't have to spend boat loads of money to add D.T.P. *Defeat The Purpose* mods to their cars to look cool or not cool. Some are nice, others are hidious, but the point is You, Me, or ANYONE is not at liberty to demean them for having different taste. You yourself probably know some of the people that do this. I do and won't dare disrespect their desire or taste. Now if I feel its ugly then its ugly, but thats my opinion. However, the problem here is stemming from the fact that people think their opinions are laws and for some god awful reason think its the way everyone thinks. (and that is very far from the truth.) Its time out for this kind of closed minded crap, and time in for opened minded thought. Really. Now I am done wasting precious bandwidth and web space over this subject. Simply put, don't defend something you can't stand 100% on and know you are right by law, human rights, and moral rights!
Old 07-01-2004, 03:13 PM

This is the funniest thread I have ever read!
I think I laughed so Hard I pee'd my pants!