Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

the 20's are on.. (thread for the chrome haters!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 08:03 PM

the 20's are on.. (thread for the chrome haters!!!)

so the 20s are finally on, and i just want to give a shout out to all those "maxima veterans" who told me,not to bother because 20 x 8.5's with 245/35/20 size tire wouldn't work, and to not bother b/c they would rub. I want all to know the ride is much better than my stock 16 inch hub caps. I don't know how or why it works,but the car seems to ride a lot smoother,probably because the tires are wider,and the car isn't any more uncomtorable than stock. Just a heads up to those out there that listen to the so called "veterans" on this board as they tend to exaggerate just about every thing they disagree with. I will be posting pics tomororw they look f*ckin sweet if i do say so myself.
check back in this thread tom for the pics...
Old 07-08-2004, 09:12 PM
VIP Maxima

thats my setup except that ill have 19x8.5 245/35/19.

oh ya, obviously not chrome....

Old 07-09-2004, 05:07 AM

Why do I get the impression that this thread should have been subtitled "(thread for the 20-haters!!!)" instead?

But to oblige you anyway, the halfways-to-ancient put-down for chrome used to be "If it don't go, chrome it!".

BTW, 20 x 8.5 is an entirely reasonable size to mount those 245/35's on, though they're arguably a bit too narrow for extracting the maximum possible lateral grip from that size tire.

Norm
Old 07-09-2004, 08:48 AM

8.5" is perfect for 245s. Sometimes if you go wider you start to get get sidwall flare. Basically the sidewall starts angleing on an awkward angle and you can lose a bead on hard cornering. If you go too wide as well teh protective edge on the tire sidewall becomes useless and the first thing to touch curbs or other obstructions is the wheel. $$$.
Get those pics up ASAP.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:42 AM

:
Old 07-09-2004, 09:59 PM

sorry, i will have pics tom. the day was real rainy and got me delayed. however,the fit is perfect the ride is very smooth and brings the same comfort level as a stock gxe on 16 hubbies. btw, i am not lowered either and I seriously feel like it has improved my car in both smoothness ( i feel less bumps, probably b/c i drive slower ) and it even feels more comftorable. I also think that although there is still wheel gap it is tremendously less than stock height for all those who think it looks like a 4 x 4. I'm thinking on lowering it an 1" to 1.5" any lower would rub which I don't want considering I have no rubbing (besides the plastic piece before the actual fender) without the car lowered. Hope it helps those thinking of putting on 20s out with their questions, since more people wanted to bash me then help me before I had the experience. Pics will be posted tomorow
Old 07-09-2004, 10:39 PM

lower it first than post pics. Seriously.
Old 07-10-2004, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor

slam it on the ground, and cut anything that gets in the way... or jack it up and put on 26"s. do to your car whatever makes you happy (directed at all the big chrome haters, better yet anything haters).
Old 07-10-2004, 10:38 PM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by BLACKonBLACK98
slam it on the ground, and cut anything that gets in the way... or jack it up and put on 26"s. do to your car whatever makes you happy (directed at all the big chrome haters, better yet anything haters).

chrome rims =
chrome rims =
chrome rims =
chrome rims =

btw did i mention that
chrome rims =

yea im a chrome rim hater, you got it. i posted this to make you happy since you were lookin for one of us

Old 07-10-2004, 11:57 PM
Hooooooonda.....

Please no pics.
Old 07-11-2004, 08:44 AM
VIP Maxima

Originally Posted by Big D
Please no pics.

i just spend 15 minute to eat that delicious food and im not planning to bring it back up anytime soon

Old 07-11-2004, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMaxSE
yea im a chrome rim hater, you got it. i posted this to make you happy since you were lookin for one of us
obviously you missed the point hater. probably because you're a perfect example.

you =

before you waste your time thinking of another hilarious response, think whether or not you have any right to tell someone else what to do to their car. then when you come up with the classic hater response "blah, blah, blah, internet forum entitles me to give my opinion, blah, blah, blah, freedom of speech, etc.", think if someone living half way across the nation gives a sh*t about you or your thoughts.

later hater.
Old 07-11-2004, 02:55 PM
VIP Maxima

obviously you missed the point hater. probably because you're a perfect example.

you =

before you waste your time thinking of another hilarious response, think whether or not you have any right to tell someone else what to do to their car. then when you come up with the classic hater response "blah, blah, blah, internet forum entitles me to give my opinion, blah, blah, blah, freedom of speech, etc.", think if someone living half way across the nation gives a sh*t about you or your thoughts.

later hater.

i've learned one thing and that is to not ever argue with idiots like you, they bring us down to their level and then beat us with experience.

Old 07-11-2004, 04:13 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 98SterlingMaxSE
i've learned one thing and that is to not ever argue with idiots like you, they bring us down to their level and then beat us with experience.
well at least you've learned something. sorry that my previous post was so hostile (fighting over a computer = extremely ), but i don't feel its right for people to talk down on another person just because their opinions differ. if you don't have anything nice to say...
Old 07-11-2004, 04:48 PM
Hooooooonda.....

No one is telling him what to do with his car. We're just telling him it'll look terrible. It is an opinion but opinions aren't ALL wrong. I know he's gonna say it has style but how much style can a max have with chrome rims? Give it up it looks like ****.
Old 07-11-2004, 04:54 PM
VIP Maxima

spazios are ugly a$$ rims to begin with. chrome polish them and in 20". thats one ugly pathetic combo on a max

Old 07-12-2004, 01:54 PM

well wouldn't it make you happy to know, i've recieved nothing but compliments from everybody who has seen my car, from import enthusiasts to owners of muscle cars, everybody who sees it tells me how nice it looks, so you think i give a sh*t what you say, when you just look for my name in posts to come in threads and say my sh*t is wack?? huh.. maybe somebody is jealous that nobody comments on their 17 inch stock alloys and tries to bring others down w/ their stupidity...

see ya
Old 07-12-2004, 03:01 PM
VIP Maxima

FYI my stock wheels are 16". and im sure those people are laughin their *** off when they say that to you. makin fun of you...... i thought u knew better

Old 07-21-2004, 01:05 AM
VW = 30 MPG

Dude Pics.........
Old 07-21-2004, 01:07 AM
VW = 30 MPG

we need to see pic.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by RSA_MAX
well wouldn't it make you happy to know, i've recieved nothing but compliments from everybody who has seen my car, from import enthusiasts to owners of muscle cars, everybody who sees it tells me how nice it looks, so you think i give a sh*t what you say, when you just look for my name in posts to come in threads and say my sh*t is wack?? huh.. maybe somebody is jealous that nobody comments on their 17 inch stock alloys and tries to bring others down w/ their stupidity...

see ya
Hold on just a minute, sport. You call out all the supposed "chrome-haters"
right in the title of this thread and then can't take the really mild level of abuse
that you actually came in for?

As regards the use of "compliments from everybody" in support of your
decisions, is it possible that any of your anecdotal witnesses may not have
meant what they said but they said it simply because they didn't have anything
thoughtful, constructive, or polite to say?

There's a life lesson somewhere in "If you aren't going to like the response(s),
don't start the topic". Or something like that.

to B.o.B.98 - in the light of your "(directed at all the big chrome haters,
better yet anything haters)." challenge, are you taking this all in?

[edited for formatting and spelling]
Old 07-23-2004, 12:07 PM

could you drop your max 2.2inches on the front and 1.6 in the or is it too much
Old 07-23-2004, 12:14 PM

have you dropped your max
Old 07-23-2004, 03:50 PM
VIP Maxima

the question is:

have you ordered 13" bbk's ??

Old 07-23-2004, 05:10 PM

are they needed that bad
Old 07-23-2004, 06:00 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
to B.o.B.98 - in the light of your "(directed at all the big chrome haters,
better yet anything haters)." challenge, are you taking this all in?
yeah, i've been watching this thread, and obviously my point went unobservered. all i've ever been trying to say is let him do whats he wants with his car. same thing i'd be saying if he was putting on lightweight 17"s and a huge wing (well maybe not the wing) on a 4 door entry level luxury sedan. everybody has a different take on what there car is, and while everybody can't be right, that doesn't mean that you (general, not direct) are. i mean, pictures haven't even been posted, so how can anybody say anything bad? it seams to me that theres just as many people who hate 20"s just because they're 20"s, as there are who buy 20"s for the same reason. come on, the difference is 1" and sometimes a little weight and money. btw, where are the pics?
Old 07-24-2004, 06:59 AM

yeah, i've been watching this thread, and obviously my point went unobservered.
all i've ever been trying to say is let him do whats he wants with his car.
No, that thought did not go unnoticed. FWIW, I do generally agree
with it, though in the specific circumstance where the topic starter openly
invites hostility I think he gives up any right to immunity. He’s asked for flak, so
he’d better have a thick hide.

Allow me to suggest that a little caution is in order when going to the defense
of blatant flame-bait. Unless you are very careful with your wording you’re
entirely likely to attract some fireballs directed specifically at you personally. In
such “discussions”, any argumentative portion tends to overshadow the “live
and let live” content within the message.

Remember that, given its title, most people who even open up this thread do so
with the expectation of finding a flame war. And those who actually respond
tend to do so with guns drawn and safeties off.

No hostility intended . . .
Old 07-24-2004, 03:43 PM
Former Vendor

[QUOTE=Norm Peterson]Remember that, given its title, most people who even open up this thread do so
tend to do so with guns drawn and safeties off.[QUOTE]

point well taken. i also agree that the thread should have been addressed to the 20" haters, since the issues he was addressing pertained to the size of the rim not the finish. i allowed myself to get drawn into something that was obviously going to end up in a fight. usually this would be ok, but i am an aspiring buisness man and need to conduct myself as such. i don't want to miss-out-on/lose somebodies buisness over a foolish argument.
Old 07-25-2004, 07:06 PM
Ford Only.

Chrome Rims = ghey
Old 07-28-2004, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by dmontzmax
Chrome Rims = ghey
Queer As Folk = Super Ghey
Old 07-28-2004, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Norm Peterson
No, that thought did not go unnoticed. FWIW, I do generally agree
with it, though in the specific circumstance where the topic starter openly
invites hostility I think he gives up any right to immunity. He’s asked for flak, so
he’d better have a thick hide.

Allow me to suggest that a little caution is in order when going to the defense
of blatant flame-bait. Unless you are very careful with your wording you’re
entirely likely to attract some fireballs directed specifically at you personally. In
such “discussions”, any argumentative portion tends to overshadow the “live
and let live” content within the message.

Remember that, given its title, most people who even open up this thread do so
tend to do so with guns drawn and safeties off.

No hostility intended . . .
So can it be said that these type people also have the quick on the draw problem with the ladies and shoot off a little too fast. LOL j\k (Come on people its a joke. goodness)