Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.

i hate les scwab

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 12:18 AM

i hate les scwab

these ******* are the worst. i went in there the other day to get a quote on a set of wheels since it was close and i had some time to kill. i plan on gettin 19" zenetti five's and some 245/35x19s. this guys aks me what i want and then tells me they don't carry zenetti, but his co-worker next to him says they do. well he proceeds to tell me they don't get as much comission off the wheels they focus on or something like that. then he tries to offer me like 4 different rims from their cat when i've told him im set. it doesnt stop there- i tell him what size tires i want and he tells me they won't fit cuz the diam is too big and that i need a tire that is 235 not 245- but the rims are 8.5 wide so its def 245. so i call his bull**** and his co-worker is trying to get it straight for me now cuz he knows im leaving and giving them BAD rep. well then i finally get him to give me a quote on the wheels i want in the right size and the tire size i want thats not too expensive, after about 30 mins. then he tries to throw in all this extra bull****- i forget what its called- where they cut the tire across the tread to reduce the temp or something . he tells me i'll get a 33% better gas milage. now i was laughing in his face. i told him to **** off and work on his customer relation skills, then he has the audacity to chase me out the door to give me a card. i ripped it up in front of him- mummbled some other obcenities and took off.

sorry- i had to vent. so has anyone else had any problems with these guys? this is definitely that last place i will ever buys wheels from.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:27 AM
Banned

haha, great story....With those actions, you probably set new standards for them...LOL
Old 07-29-2005, 06:19 AM
Way out West

I have had great luck with Les Schwab's service, but I will admit that the one here isn't too smart about tuner rims and tires. They sell about 1500 sets of rims/tires/lift kits for trucks for every one car they put 18s on and lower. When I ask them about rims, they never know what offset works best with my car, etc.

However, anytime I have a tire problem, they drive out to where I am and fix it for free. My QX4 got a flat last winter and they drove to my house, filled it with air, followed my wife to the store and repaired the tire -- all for free. Same with other people I know that got tires from them.

They also swap over my snow wheels and tires for free every year, which saves me a lot of trouble and cold fingers out in my unheated garage.

I do live in redneck land, where most of the area around me is wheat farms and cherry orchards. The Les Schwab guys here know their **** about trucks, SUVs, tractors and stuff like that. They just don't do enough import car business to be good at it.

Siping will reduce the heat in your tires and can save the life of them a little bit. Not 33 percent, though. It is especially helpful for softer rubber tires that get really hot. I had it done on a set of Buckshot mudders and they seemed to last pretty well.
Old 07-29-2005, 10:24 AM

thats hilarious!! i would have loved to see you rip it up in his face....
Old 07-29-2005, 12:35 PM

Probably depends on the store. You could complain to the manager. They seem to care about customer service (at least they do here). My personal experience here in Portland/Beaverton Oregon area has been very positive. They didn't stock the wheels that I got, but were willing to contact the manufacturer and order them for me. Guys here seem to know what they are doing as far as plus sizing goes. Free tire rotation, alignment checks and flat repair. They are also very careful with mounting and balancing. That's my experience, and like I said, it probably depends somewhat on the individual store.
Old 07-29-2005, 12:53 PM

well im glad you guys had good experiences and maybe i'll try a store thats not so new- this one had only been open a couple months. and les schwab is relatively new to UT anyway. maybe i will try them at another store then, i did like their financing programs

siping is what he was trying to sell me for $14 a tire. adn i understand the heating but i couldnt see how cutting my tire would bump mpg to almost 30 and i told him that, but he swore to it. anyway thanks for taking the time to listen to me *****
Old 12-04-2008, 04:33 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I work for Les Schwab, and I just want to clear a few things up.
First off, We do not work on commission, employees at Les Schwab are well compensated for their dedication to the company.
Secondly, One of the reasons the employee might have been recommending a 235 versus a 245 could be due to the matter of the tire rubbing against the inner cowling or part of the strut tower or control arms. Even though the wheel is wide enough to handle a 245, you have to remember that the tire will bulge out about a half an inch depending on the section width. a 235 would most likely be a flush mount with no bulging.
Thirdly, The item the employee was talking to you about is called siping. It really is beneficial. When it comes to braking or acceleration in wet conditions, you will notice a difference. When its hot out, its also going to help that tire run cooler because of all the slits cut into it. The heat dissipates quicker. Yes it can save you on gas, but thats not the primary benefit of siping. Its the added traction. It makes an all season tire have close to the gripping egde of a snow tire. read this article. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siping
at the end of the document it says it can void the warranty. If you purchase tires from Les Schwab and you opt to have them siped, you do not lose your warranty. Plain and simple. We are not out to take your money and leave you screwed over because of an issue like siping tires. We warranty all the products we sell. Les Schwab himself said "If we cant guarantee it, we wont sell it"

Well, i hope I have cleared up some confusion on this subject.
Happy Holidays!
Old 12-04-2008, 05:50 PM

dude! he didn't tell you that modding the tread pattern is jDm~!? You get like 15% increase in WHP too! LoL I hate when people feed you BS.
Old 12-04-2008, 06:03 PM
Former Vendor

hey, thanks for clearing that up... 3 years later. good to know that every employee knows what they are talking about.
Old 12-10-2008, 10:24 AM

they are very expensive