Opinion on these G35 rims for a 99 maxima? - Maxima Forums



Tires and Wheels Rubber, and lots of rubber in all kinds of sizes. What do you use when it's freezing? What do you use when it's hot? You want sticky rubbers? How about rubbers that will last a long time? Find your perfect rubber in here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Opinion on these G35 rims for a 99 maxima?

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-06-2014, 09:28 AM   #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 214
Opinion on these G35 rims for a 99 maxima?

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/cph/pts/4291822496.html

Still looking to get away from my 15" hubcaps and saw these. Good price or?
metalgod3082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:01 AM   #2  
I'm needing a caw
iTrader: (82)
 
Jeff92se's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Posts: 34,176
Nice choice. Fairly light too.
Jeff92se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 10:36 AM   #3  
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 11,413
I plan on getting those for my 99, but all of them 17x7.5...these are staggered.

As you can see, the seller has the same idea, they're mounted on a 4th gen in the pic
Amerikaner83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:37 AM   #4  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 214
Hmm after doing some research it looks like it is not really recommended to get staggered wheels on a FWD car? Any opinions on staggered wheels?
metalgod3082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:50 AM   #5  
dot dot dot ...
iTrader: (22)
 
NmexMAX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Santa Fe, NM
Posts: 34,593
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod3082 View Post
Hmm after doing some research it looks like it is not really recommended to get staggered wheels on a FWD car? Any opinions on staggered wheels?
TONS of people have done that on here. It's a personal preference.

For me, I went with 4 rear wheels in order not to get them staggered but that was more T&E and headache than I thought.

But plenty of people have done it without issue.
NmexMAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #6  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 214
Oh ok cool. Do you think $280 is a good price for those? And do you recommend getting them balanced before buying to make sure they are not warped or anything? Never bought used wheels before.

Thanks!
metalgod3082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 01:22 PM   #7  
Senior Member
iTrader: (17)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: WA
Posts: 11,413
price seems reasonable to me, but here in Seattle wheel prices are a bit high normally...take that into consideration...but 300 seems the going rate for those.
Amerikaner83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #8  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 291
I have 18" g35 coupe wheels gunmetal powder coat. These wheels are sexy on a 4th gen
Patm-a32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:10 AM   #9  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patm-a32 View Post
I have 18" g35 coupe wheels gunmetal powder coat. These wheels are sexy on a 4th gen
Patm-a32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #10  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 214
Just found these on CL and thinking I'm gonna go check them out tmw morning.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4369218552.html

Any opinions on those?
metalgod3082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:10 AM   #11  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod3082 View Post
Just found these on CL and thinking I'm gonna go check them out tmw morning.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/pts/4369218552.html

Any opinions on those?
Those are nice be better if they had a bit more tread but ur the one buying them, if u like them go for it im sure theyl look great on a 4th gen as most do
Patm-a32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 03:02 PM   #12  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 214
I went ahead and got them and I think they look pretty good except the wheel gap is crazy large. Think I need some lowering springs. Rims are basically in mint condition. He showed me the one little scratch on one of them and I could barely even see what he was pointing at lol.

Last edited by metalgod3082; 03-12-2014 at 03:06 PM.
metalgod3082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:52 AM   #13  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod3082 View Post
I went ahead and got them and I think they look pretty good except the wheel gap is crazy large. Think I need some lowering springs. Rims are basically in mint condition. He showed me the one little scratch on one of them and I could barely even see what he was pointing at lol.
To be honest tho something about these 4th gems look good with a lot of wheels... I got the 18" g35 wheels and i have wheel gap to... Are u looking for performance difference or do u just want low for looks?
Patm-a32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 11:48 AM   #14  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 214
Mainly just for looks. I've already put in some KYB-GR2 struts so was thinking of getting some H&R springs to go with it to eliminate some of the wheel gap. I had my car aligned yesterday and apparently one of the wheels has a bad radial tire pull. Even after the alignment and everything in spec it pulls pretty bad to the left. I guess I need some new tires, oh well.
metalgod3082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:27 AM   #15  
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalgod3082 View Post
Mainly just for looks. I've already put in some KYB-GR2 struts so was thinking of getting some H&R springs to go with it to eliminate some of the wheel gap. I had my car aligned yesterday and apparently one of the wheels has a bad radial tire pull. Even after the alignment and everything in spec it pulls pretty bad to the left. I guess I need some new tires, oh well.
Im in the samee boat i need low but no $ for coilovers
Patm-a32 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
NJ set of rims and tires tothemax2003 Wheels/Tires 1 09-01-2015 06:01 AM
Advice needed to replace bulbs YourLocalAsian 6th Generation Maxima (2004-2008) 3 08-17-2015 02:33 PM
Stiffest lowering springs twotonezed 7th Generation Maxima (2009-2015) 17 08-16-2015 08:10 PM
I still have not seen a cool looking 1st gen maxima criminalslang810 1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) 9 08-16-2015 08:12 AM
Electrical Problems Samedi 4th Generation Maxima (1995-1999) 11 08-13-2015 04:05 PM


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:08 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.