8th Generation Maxima (2016-) Let's see what Nissan has to offer on the 8th generation Maxima

The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 02:05 PM

The war of the 8th gen Max has begun!
Old 07-24-2013, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
yeah yeah go ahead and pile on the "Amerikaner's wrong" bandwagon It'll only happen this one time
You're good man, you are usually on point!
Old 07-24-2013, 05:03 PM

I was thinking today a feature that would make the maxima stand out from the altima is an adjustable suspension(a few inches) and sport comfort mode etc. I know thats expensive but the new dodge has an adjustable suspension. Any infiniti's have adjustable suspensions???
Old 07-31-2013, 01:26 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by nissan's finest
It is quite clear that you don't work in the automotive industry because if you did you would know that companies show unfinished products to their employees quite often that are strongly based off of what will eventually make it to production. I never said that the car was complete. Why would it be complete if there is clearly two years left to launch the vehicle? There is still research and development taking place. Being shown the car this early only served the purpose to let the corporate employees as well as the dealer executives get a clear vision of where the company is heading design wise. Let me just give you one little crumb...Model year 14 will run extremely long until the new model is released. I will actually be waiting on the day when it does launch to imagine the dumb look on your face!
If you were to ever see my face, you'd realize it's impossible for it to look dumb.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:55 PM

I think Nissan needs to make the next maxima a more hard core sports sedan. The 4door gtr of sorts. Leave its roots of last couple generations. Let the altima serve the main stream semi sporty family car crowd. Give the max awd or rwd, more aggressive looks, no bigger than current model and at least 350hp

Last edited by 03maximaguy; 08-02-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:52 PM

I agree totally! 350 sounds about right its competitive.
Old 08-01-2013, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by 03maximaguy
I think Nissan needs to make the next maxima a more hard core sports sedan. The 4door gtr of sorts. Leave its roots of last couple generations. Let the altima serve the main stream semi sporty family car crowd. Give the max was or rwd, more aggressive looks, no bigger than current model and at least 350hp
+1
Someone buy this guy a beer.

Altima should be the Regal and Maxima should be the GNX
Old 08-01-2013, 03:19 PM

I dont even have to say nothing no more I just sit back and listen to always these good ideas yall come up with. I'm like dam where do they get this stuff from. If somebody at Nissan listened to all this it might make a difference. Make it look more Maserati like as the 7th gen. I posted this picture before but I think the 8th gen should have this look. From the feedback in the forum it seems like you guys are hoping for this in the 8th
Name:  Untitled_zps3d935c64.jpg
Views: 427
Size:  25.6 KB

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 08-01-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Chris Alexander
I dont even have to say nothing no more I just sit back and listen to always these good ideas yall come up with. I'm like dam where do they get this stuff from. If somebody at Nissan listened to all this it might make a difference. Make it look more Maserati like as the 7th gen. I posted this picture before but I think the 8th gen should have this look. From the feedback in the forum it seems like you guys are hoping for this in the 8th
yeah thats headed in right direction. Just think that Nissan is in a perfect position to do something cool with the Maxima. Its time it became a more focused performance machine with looks to match. maybe something beyond what a g37 is even..THE Nissan 4 door sports car. with Altima being what it is today..I think it can take in any customers put off by a more focused performance Maxima. I picture a 4 door GTR styling wise myself. dreaming.lol
Old 08-02-2013, 07:06 PM

I think the 7th gen has some cues of the Maserati what do yall think? The above picture is the NG Mas.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 08-02-2013 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-03-2013, 07:38 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Here it is.

Last edited by Holder; 09-03-2013 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:02 AM
Get Off My Lawn

Originally Posted by Chris Alexander
Based only on styling, I would buy this. Even if 3.7VQ I'd be happy but want awd as an option. Much like options/features with the Infiniti M.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:54 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

It used to be that the Maxima was distinct 4DSC with a V6 that the altima could not have. Then things changed. Altima got a V6 and even started sharing the same body as the Maxima. With the 7th gen Maxima, Nissan started pulling them apart. SO nissan seems to have finally said "Enough!" with this "shared" heritage between the Altima and Maxima.

With the 8th gen Maxima, this trend seems to be solidifying.

The 8th gen will probably have the VQ37 and will have to have AWD (pushing well over 300 hp to the front wheels only is beyond dangerous.) VQ37 and AWD make the Maxima the perfect 4-door-GTR. That should be their new sticker. 4DSC? No longer. Welcome the 4D-GTR.

The Altima will continue in FWD fashion with the 4 banger and the VQ35, thus cementing the separation of these 2 car models.

The distinction will be complete. You can get an Altima with 4 banger or V6, directly competing with Camry and Accord 4s and V6es. Or, if you really want some stuff, get a Maxima V6 with AWD. It's basically a Nissan GTR with 4 doors. That competition is right inline with Acura TL, Lexus GS AWD, Audi A6 or 7 etc. Of course the performance of the 8th gen won't rival the GTR. There can only be one godzilla, after all. But each will be in their own distinct camp now.
Old 09-04-2013, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by dwapenyi
It used to be that the Maxima was distinct 4DSC with a V6 that the altima could not have. Then things changed. Altima got a V6 and even started sharing the same body as the Maxima. With the 7th gen Maxima, Nissan started pulling them apart. SO nissan seems to have finally said "Enough!" with this "shared" heritage between the Altima and Maxima.

With the 8th gen Maxima, this trend seems to be solidifying.

The 8th gen will probably have the VQ37 and will have to have AWD (pushing well over 300 hp to the front wheels only is beyond dangerous.) VQ37 and AWD make the Maxima the perfect 4-door-GTR. That should be their new sticker. 4DSC? No longer. Welcome the 4D-GTR.

The Altima will continue in FWD fashion with the 4 banger and the VQ35, thus cementing the separation of these 2 car models.

The distinction will be complete. You can get an Altima with 4 banger or V6, directly competing with Camry and Accord 4s and V6es. Or, if you really want some stuff, get a Maxima V6 with AWD. It's basically a Nissan GTR with 4 doors. That competition is right inline with Acura TL, Lexus GS AWD, Audi A6 or 7 etc. Of course the performance of the 8th gen won't rival the GTR. There can only be one godzilla, after all. But each will be in their own distinct camp now.
This would be wonderful if true
Old 09-06-2013, 09:13 AM

Topspeed Rendering from design images

Looks pretty good.

http://http://www.topspeed.com/cars/nissan/2016-nissan-maxima-nismo-ar160220.html
Old 09-06-2013, 11:32 AM

Oh dear god that thing looks gorgeous....even better looking than the GTR! With looks like that, those images talk some serious smack, it's gotta be AWD with a VQ37HR. I mean, holy cow that thing looks aggressive.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:51 PM

That sorta reminds me of a 97-03 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP from the side.
Old 09-07-2013, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by maxger
Topspeed Rendering from design images

I hope the top one is not the Maxima. It looks like a Sentra.
Old 09-07-2013, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik

I hope the top one is not the Maxima. It looks like a Sentra.
Umm...that's the current gen Maxima
Old 09-08-2013, 12:18 AM

Originally Posted by Amerikaner83
Umm...that's the current gen Maxima
Well, I don't like it. It looks like a 10 year old Sentra. When I saw the then new 7th gen at the auto show few years back, I walked away from it.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:04 PM

Now that I look at it a little more and think about it, that 2015 rendering is too good to be true. Look at those massive wheels, and how the bodywork leaves very very little room for the suspension components to hide inside. So are they saying the 2015 Maxima will have coilovers standard? They take up way less space, but I dont think the general public would like the ride.

Also, hardly any room for the gas cap and the tunnel to the tank. It could be on the other side, but still, room is way to tight. This is more exotic Ferrari Lambourghini territory, not likely for the humble maxima.

Lastly, the 2015 Maxima looks exactly as if godzilla, in a fit of rage, put its foot on the roof of the 7th gen and squished it downward. Voila, 8th gen Maxima
Old 09-08-2013, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by DennisMik
Well, I don't like it. It looks like a 10 year old Sentra. When I saw the then new 7th gen at the auto show few years back, I walked away from it.
Maybe Nissan will do something about that in, oh, say, 2015
Old 09-08-2013, 07:01 PM
KH3 by popular demand

Looks like I'll be hitting up the next Detroit Auto show....
Old 09-09-2013, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by dwapenyi
Now that I look at it a little more and think about it, that 2015 rendering is too good to be true. Look at those massive wheels, and how the bodywork leaves very very little room for the suspension components to hide inside. So are they saying the 2015 Maxima will have coilovers standard? They take up way less space, but I dont think the general public would like the ride.

Also, hardly any room for the gas cap and the tunnel to the tank. It could be on the other side, but still, room is way to tight. This is more exotic Ferrari Lambourghini territory, not likely for the humble maxima.

Lastly, the 2015 Maxima looks exactly as if godzilla, in a fit of rage, put its foot on the roof of the 7th gen and squished it downward. Voila, 8th gen Maxima
Knowing how Nissan is risk-loving in their design concepts, this could very well be the 8th gen. I would trade in my '11 Altima 2.5s for this beast of a car. My desires for 8th gen are:
more legroom in rear (37-38" as I would use this car for road trips)
more trunk space (up to 18 cu.ft, is doable, see Saab 9-5x)
AWD
lane-departure warning system
potential for turbo package (provide up to 400 bhp, probably wishful thinking I know)
e-parking brake
heated/cooled front seats, heated rear
more use of chrome, although let's have the right blend of chrome and carbon fibre, help keep it away from the tacky side
keep it up Nissan!
Old 09-10-2013, 08:09 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Was nissansfinest right?

With the release of the latest renderings, I went back through this post and read some of nissansfinest's remarks. A lot of us felt that he was lying, but after looking at the drawings, he seems to have been spot on. He also said that the 2014 Nissan Maxima would have a Limited Edition package, and sure enough, that was announced as well.

So, nissansfinest, is the latest rendering what you saw during your meeting? Also, I keep reading that the new Maxima will be released in fall of 2014 as a 2015 model. Nissansfinest claimed it would be released as a 2016 model. So which is it, 2015 or 2016?

I think I could wait a year, but it would be hard to wait 2 more years.
Old 09-15-2013, 06:00 PM

This thing is beast, but I would like to see it in a regular trim model to get a better feel of what it could be. Nice rendering, though!
Old 09-16-2013, 01:08 PM

It looks like a 4-door Subie SVX:

Old 09-23-2013, 12:19 PM

Article on the new Maxima.

http://wardsauto.com/sales-amp-marke...nd-nissan-says

IRVINE, CA – The market for large, front-wheel-drive sedans has cooled significantly since the glory days of the 1980s and 1990s, but that decline, largely brought about by bigger, better-appointed midsize sedans, isn’t giving Nissan second thoughts about staying in the segment.

The next-generation Maxima’s debut next year in the U.S. is “a no-brainer,” a top Nissan executive says.

“Maxima is a big (profit) driver for us in North America, but probably more importantly it is one of the key drivers to the brand, so it was never really a debate (whether to do another Maxima),” Andy Palmer, executive vice president-Nissan, tells WardsAuto in an interview here.

Sales of the 5-year-old, current-generation model predictably have slowed as it has aged.

Deliveries through August were down 22.1% to 31,479 units. The top-seller among mass-market competitors in the same period was the Chevrolet Impala with 109,571, although that tally represents a decline of 12.3% from like-2012.

Sales reached an all-time record 131,182 units in 1999, aided by flashy TV commercials showing the fourth-generation Maxima understeering on wet roads in fading sunlight set to pop music.

While the car once was considered on par with the Impala, its price has increased in recent years, enough that WardsAuto classifies it as a Lower Luxury model.

The ’14 Maxima begins at $31,000 for a base S grade, just $1,550 less than the ’14 G37 from luxury sister-brand Infiniti.

If sneak-peek images of the concept are any indication, expect a continuation of a more premium positioning for the Maxima, which originated as the Datsun 810 in the U.S. in 1977. The ’15 model will be the eighth generation of the car since the Maxima name was adopted in 1980.

“If you saw a little bit of an image of the concept car, it does look gorgeous,” Palmer says of the swoopy, coupe-like design shown in teaser images.

Nissan’s biggest concern with the Maxima isn’t the shrinking market for large cars in the U.S., but rather how to expand its sales to countries where such vehicles are growing in popularity.

“The only debate that probably comes and is pushed over from my bosses is, ‘Where else can you sell Maxima?’” Palmer says. Russia and the Middle East are the most likely options.

Nissan already exports a similar car, the Teana, which rides on the current Maxima’s D platform to those regions, as well as Latin America and Southeast Asia.

In Australia and New Zealand, the Teana uses the Maxima name but is more similar to the U.S. Altima.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:24 PM

The problem is the Maxima has gotten behind the competitors have way more to offer. When you design a car you have to make it far forward so when it ages before a redesign the competitors wont be too far ahead but just right behind you or on point.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:28 PM

The problem is the Maxima has gotten behind the competitors have way more to offer. When you design a car you have to make it far forward so when it ages before a redesign the competitors wont be too far ahead but just right behind you or on point. 7th is a good car and a nice one but the problem is it need to be a greater car and a nicer one its just the expectations from Maxima owners fans and loyalists.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-23-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 12:56 PM

I talked to a Nissan rep and was told the roof is all glass. She said the car is gorgeous. Should be interesting.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:04 PM
Get Off My Lawn

But Greg, a "rep" saying its gorgeous is kinda like my mom telling me I'm handsome. Sounds nice, but consider the source! LOL!!
Old 09-23-2013, 01:09 PM

I know what you mean Chris they getting us pumped up to go buy it!!!! I got you.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:11 PM

What's the selling point of an all-glass roof? "now you can fvck your girl under the stars and still stay warm in the backseat"

or maybe

"you can see the bird shiit as it's coming down on you from above"
Old 09-23-2013, 01:16 PM

LOL man yall crazy i'm up here rollin no glass roof.........i'm done.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:31 PM

Chris! Went on a trip to Vegas with my dad where Nissan was throwing a parts/service appreciation event. There were Nissan corporate people there so I asked one of them if she had seen the new maxima design. Obviously she is not selling me a car but she did tell me about it having beautiful lines like a coupe sports car and mentioned the glass roof. I'm just saying that having a glass roof reminds me of the mercedes e class. Sounds stupid but in person it is a very sleek feature.
Old 09-23-2013, 01:45 PM

02whitemaximase To attend that event with yall would have been cool. Giving in now i'm starting to like the idea of a glass roof only problem we live in Texas if hail doesn't destroy it the cows will, then you have Maxima customers who may live in bad neighborhoods. In Compton the squirrells wear bullet proof vests so Nissan would have to make the glass a bullet proof option.

Last edited by Chris Alexander; 09-23-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-23-2013, 03:17 PM
Get Off My Lawn

LOL!! I'm very interested. Reserved, but interested. Just seems Nissan corporate always seems to THINK they know where to go. But it's money driven, so until the potential sales supports anything we've seen or discussed, I remain skeptical and will therefore maintain my enthusiasm for 3rd and 5/5.5 gens only.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:19 PM

The 8th gen Maxima needs a 7 speed DCT!!! Mercedes now has a $29k model coming out with one so I hope Nissan jumps on board.
Old 09-27-2013, 07:23 PM

Nissan need to get that 8th gen on and popping I drove a 2014 Camaro and that thing wanted to fly the next Maxima should have that kind of acceleration that's what most of you guys desire is the power. It's what makes the Maxima special.

Quick Reply: The 8th generation Maxima...prototypes, news, updates, rumors and more