1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

Upcoming Race Event

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2003, 12:15 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Upcoming Race Event

This is to inform all members that July 13th @ Toronto Motorsports
Park (Cayuga) CSCS will be holding their second event. This event will include all the same highlights as the last event and much more. With most of the Pro cars almost completed there should be some serious racing. As the first event was so successful we can only expect this event to be bigger and better.

For more info check: www.cscs.ca

Any questions, concerns or comments can be posted here:
Old 07-01-2003, 04:44 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If its like the first one it will be a V8 Test & Tune day with a few minutes taken out to let the imports run off.

Cayuga is the only track that allows this BS and its purely BS. They even allow T&T during the eliminations, then they spill oil or whatever on the track and dwe wait while they clean it up.

This is a sad way to run what they bill as a major import event.

If you want to feel like a second class citizen with your import come on out and enjoy yourself.

Still not sure if I will go at all after the last fiasco.
Old 07-01-2003, 05:57 AM
Jer

Would a mod kindly delete this thread - he's already advertised this in the Canada forum and in the Meet forum on our local board : this event features about 10 minutes of "racing" - not worth anyone's trip from anywhere in NEMaxima territory (not to mention that the closest member is about 3 hours away).

Also, how about deleting his account for just spamming : he won't be coming back here again anyways.
Old 07-01-2003, 10:57 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

If you got to Cayuga at close to when gates open you would have had plenty of time to race. and as to ""If you want to feel like a second class citizen with your import come on out and enjoy yourself."" How is that possible when there are more imports then domestics and imports are the only cars actually competing. Nevermind the fact CSCS offered 10 grand in cash payouts.
Old 07-02-2003, 04:30 AM

Originally posted by krazy koncepts
If you got to Cayuga at close to when gates open you would have had plenty of time to race. and as to ""If you want to feel like a second class citizen with your import come on out and enjoy yourself."" How is that possible when there are more imports then domestics and imports are the only cars actually competing. Nevermind the fact CSCS offered 10 grand in cash payouts.
I was there when the gates were supposed to be open and had to wait almost an hour before they did.

There might have been more imports than domestics but the domestics have priority at Cayuga.

I would like to see if they would let me test and tune on a big V8 day event. NOT

I had 3 runs before eliminations after paying $50 to race. St Thomas and Grand Bend races you could have as many as you wanted, plus there were not a host of V8's to put up with.

Hurry up and wait is the order of the day.
Old 07-02-2003, 09:25 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

As you can tell from our name Canadian SPORT COMPACT series, Imports are priority.

The wait at the gate was a little long at the beginning but not an hour.

CSCS events feature drag racing, road circuit lapping, and even a show and shine. With the type of racer and attendance numbers we had on June 1 2003 I don't know how you can possible think CSCS events are not worth your money.
Old 07-03-2003, 04:21 AM

Originally posted by krazy koncepts
As you can tell from our name Canadian SPORT COMPACT series, Imports are priority.

The wait at the gate was a little long at the beginning but not an hour.

CSCS events feature drag racing, road circuit lapping, and even a show and shine. With the type of racer and attendance numbers we had on June 1 2003 I don't know how you can possible think CSCS events are not worth your money.
Well I was there long before the gates opened and I got my first run in at 12:24 PM, I just dug out my timeslips.

CSCS events are not worth your money when you only get 3 runs in before eliminations, mainly because of waiting on the V8's to test and tune.

Don't you have any control over the V8's when you are sponsoring the event? Who is paying who?
Old 07-04-2003, 01:41 AM
SLOW

This sounds like a great event!!! I'll be there!!!
Old 07-07-2003, 12:18 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

if other members have an interest just tell me asap so that i can section off space, and try and work out group pricing.
Old 07-07-2003, 04:22 AM
Jer

krazy : I called around last night and will have 35 members coming. Thanks.