1/4 and 1/8 Mile Racing Talk about track times, launch techniques, strategies, etc. Check out the "Timeslips" subforum for posted times.No discussion of street racing will be tolerated.

02 Max V.s 02 Gti

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:15 PM
dot dot dot ...

Originally Posted by Driver72
With a good driver, no stock Altima SE will pull those ET's.
Ummm it's been done ...

Low 14's, with Alti and Maxi both stock ...
Old 06-02-2005, 01:38 PM

lol, ran another R32 on Tuesday. Was closer but I still got him He said he did a 14.2 @ 97 at the track. From the 1st gear punch I got him by 1-2 cars, from a low 2nd gear punch we were pretty even (I was out of my powerband) and from a stoplight he got me out of the hole by 1.5 cars but I ran him down by 90 and was pulling ahead of him.

My best 1/8th mile of 9.01 is about a 14.0, FYI and I'm stock. There have been a few Altimas to get 14.1's stock as well.

It's funny how people, who have never raced or driven a certain car(R32), talk like they are experts about it.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:20 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

awd is overrated for launches. most people aren't gonna launch their cars like they stole it.....totally cooks the clutch
Old 06-02-2005, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by ighettoboyi
awd is overrated for launches. most people aren't gonna launch their cars like they stole it.....totally cooks the clutch

Not true.
I own a Legacy GT and most guys with WRX's, STI's, EVO's, S4's and such
that go to the track launch them HARD. We're talking (stock) 1.7-1.9 second 60' foot time hard..depending on the track and car.

I've beat 350Z's at the track on several occasions.
I also beat 2 2005 Mustang GT's (one auto and one manual).
They were both reeling me in though, the manual quite hard but I beat him
by .2 seconds in the 1/4...he had like 5 mph higher trap speed though.
And it's my hole shot that gets them.
The 350Z's usually trap 2-3 mph faster than I, but don't catch up
by the time we cross the stripe. Same goes for at least 6 stock
SRT-4's I've run.

I've also seen a R32 run and it also peeled cars that are faster because
of the AWD launch.

Altima's are no prob for me at the track, but as speed increase, the
AWD works against you and sucks too much power, and an Altima SE manual would probably catch up into triple digit speeds.
An R32 doesn't launch quite as hard as my Legacy GT, but posts similiar 1/4 times, if driven well, an Altima won't catch it by the stripe.

It's funny how guys ahem..plano...who don't know about AWD cars talk like they are experts about them. And talks to someone with 10 years more driving experience in probably hundreds of more cars like they know more!

Oh, and please provide a link where I can see a timeslip for a truly STOCK Altima or Maxima pulling 14.0-14.1's
Old 06-02-2005, 08:29 PM
dot dot dot ...

You never said 14.0, 14.1, you stated "those times" I figured it was the low 14's you were referring to the R32 runs stock. Check in the slip forum b/c Im too lazy to find it now but there are 3.5s that have run that stock.

I also agree with the idea that some people are not too fond of launching at high RPM. But do not agree it's overrated.

I agree also that it's good out of the hole and their's ususally a large defecit to pay to in order to catch up to an AWD launched vehicle, especially in a 1/4 mile, but from a roll things change.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:59 PM

I know all about AWD vehicles and have been to the track probably hundreds of times in alot of different cars. In fact, my old roommate has a 365WHP EVO. What does your Legacy GT run anyway? I've only taken my Altima to the 1/8th mile
r/t: .573
60: 2.16
330: 5.90
1/8: 9.01 @ 79.06mph
1/8th mile - bone stock on sh1tty bridgestone turanza tires.

LOL, I didn't mention any names, but you called me out so here you go, prepare to be told in a second as I dig up the timeslips of stock altimas hitting 14.1 in the 1/4 mile. Notice their 1/8th mile times on the slips b/c they are actually a tad slower than what I did so I'm hoping I might be able to run a quicker 1/4 than they. *crosses fingers* Who knows.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:03 PM

14.1 Altimas stock
http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Alti...slip-3240.html

http://www.dragtimes.com/Nissan-Alti...slip-4027.html

There are others on alti forums too but i'm too lazy to dig them up.
Old 06-03-2005, 01:05 AM

Well, I did dig around on the timeslip area of this forum and
couldn't find ANY Maxima's in the low 14's that were stock.
Most were high 14.6+ stock.

I see those two links you posted.
Those are impressive times for an Altima, but would have to call
into question whether they were stock.
I mean really a 14.16 @ 99 with a 2.2 60' time.
There engines might of been stock (though the one guy didn't list if he had
a Y-pipe, downpipe, or any other mods, just wrote "stock" on the exhaust area.

I would have to say, in order to get a 14.1 with a 2.2 60' time on a Altima, you'd
need to have pulled some weight and some other stuff. One guy said he had
the "resonator" removed on the exhaust. Not sure what he meant by that.

I'm not saying these guys didn't get these numbers (see the timeslips) but there's gotta be stuff they're leaving out...especially the guy with the 2002 Altima showing a
14.1, there's something fishy. He even had a better 60' time of 2.1, but equal
ET but with a 2 mph slower trap.

A 9.01 @ 79 is pretty good for your car...are you truly BONE stock or did you pull some weight, and have other minor mods?
What track did you do that at and what do other cars get at that track?

Don't get me wrong guys, I know the 3.5 VQ is a strong performer...I have one in my 2002 Maxima. As I also stated, I know they pull hard once rolling, but a well driven R32 should get a good 1.5 or so car length jump and they are strong enough to the point that should be enough to hold off an Altima through the 1/4.
Car mags usually get slightly slower times than what most owners can get (except Car and Driver...for some reason they often get "ringers" and have really fast times) and
the R32 in the car mags have been getting 14.1-14.2 @ 97-99 mph...that's several
tenths faster (but equal trap speeds) than what nearly EVERY Maxima/Altima owner is getting when there cars are truly STOCK.
The best mag time I've seen for the Altima is 14.46 @ 98.6 by MotorTrend in a 245 hp Altima.

I haven't seen a 2005 Altima run, nor an SE-R so they might do better.

Didn't mean to take anything away from you Plano, just stating, in the 1/4 mile
a well driven R32 should be able to hold off an Altima (at least 2004 and older)
and reach the stripe 1/2 car length ahead.
You said you caught and passed the guy you raced by 90 mph.
That tells me, he wasn't the best at shifting...he should of held you off for another
10-12 mph before you caught him.

Anyway...no need to debate it further, I know from a roll a 3.5 Altima or Maxima (02/03) would pull on an R32...but I also know a well driven R32 should take a well driven Altima in the 1/4 mile by a couple tenths.
Old 06-03-2005, 06:29 AM

Yes, my car is bone stock. I well admit I took the sparetire/jack out, which I have weighed on my scale both items, together, equal 30lbs. Who doesn't take those items out at the track though? Funny though, now that I think about it, a 30 lb difference can be made up by difference in weight of drivers. For example, Im 175 and my brother is 205.

I know there was a guy on here that did 14.1 @ 99 in his bonestock 02 Maxima 6spd. And I did 14.1 @ 98mph in my brother's 02 Maxima 6spd about 2 years ago. I can dig up those timeslips if you want but it'll be a bit harder as it occured about 2 years ago. Pretty sure the other guy's name on here was Camden.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:23 AM
SLOW

Lol I was gonna say... PlanoSER is one of the guys who ran 14.1 in a stock maxima. I can think of a guy who went 14.1 in an altima too (stock), he posted the time here a while back. Brent 3.5 SE or something like that.

I went 14.51 in a stock 95 5spd, so trust me it's definately possible to go 14.1 in a stock altima or maxima with the vq35.

I don't know where you got the idea that Car and Driver gets better times than real world drivers can. It's simply not true. Car and Driver tends to be the fastest of the magazines, but that's not saying much. It's typical for them to be .4 to .6 seconds slower through the 1/4 mile than the best real world drivers can pull off.

I do agree with you about AWD launches however. Someone who knows how to launch an AWD car should have no problem dipping into the 1.8s in most stock AWD manual trans cars, something that requires at least slicks on a FWD and DRs usually on a RWD.
Old 06-03-2005, 07:26 AM

Here's the timeslip where I ran 14.1 in my brother's 02 Maxima against an SVT Contour on Nitrous

The 15.0 slip on the right was in my SpecV that day (also stock) The track prep was poor, which lead to the bad 60fts. I usually got 2.1s in that car at other tracks.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187

I don't know where you got the idea that Car and Driver gets better times than real world drivers can. It's simply not true. Car and Driver tends to be the fastest of the magazines, but that's not saying much. It's typical for them to be .4 to .6 seconds slower through the 1/4 mile than the best real world drivers can pull off.

I do agree with you about AWD launches however. Someone who knows how to launch an AWD car should have no problem dipping into the 1.8s in most stock AWD manual trans cars, something that requires at least slicks on a FWD and DRs usually on a RWD.

I didn't say Car and Driver gets faster times than the best real world drivers get.
I said, MOST car magazines get slower than real world drivers, except Car and Driver. Meaning, they seem to get the fastest times of all car mags on MANY cars.
I would somewhat disagree with you about drivers being able to get
.4 to .6 better than Car and Driver gets.

You also have to keep a couple things in mind when looking at car mag times:
1. They almost ALL correct for "ideal" weather conditions. This means that they may actually add or subtract times from what they ACTUALLY got in order to meet that "ideal" weather condition. I think this is BS. They should just state what they REALLY got and then state the conditions!

2. Often they don't test at a real dragstrip...rather at a track or airport runway. So comparing times at a dragstrip that might have slippery or sticky launch pads changes things.

3. Many of the car mags run the car in BOTH directions, and take an AVERAGE of those times to cancel any wind or elevation changes. So they rarely post their "best" time.

All this conspires to allow for variation in what they post for cars and what OWNERS get with cars at a dragstrip. Some dragstrips are notoriously SLOW (like LACR) and others are know to run fast (I think Englishtown is a FAST track).
Old 06-03-2005, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by PlanoSER
Here's the timeslip where I ran 14.1 in my brother's 02 Maxima against an SVT Contour on Nitrous

The 15.0 slip on the right was in my SpecV that day (also stock) The track prep was poor, which lead to the bad 60fts. I usually got 2.1s in that car at other tracks.

Very nice times. I'll give you credit for that.
It seems based on your replies and the times of so many other guys on this site, that these 14.1's are not the norm and are few and far between for stock Altima's/Maxima's, (same with your Spec V) where most I've seen or heard about usually run low 15's...you got a 15.0 with a slightly slower 60' time they you say you've gotten at other tracks.
So, that track must run fast then I take it?
What do other cars run there?

The STOCK Legacy GT usually runs 14.1-14.2 @ 96-97 mph on average.
I know of two or three people who've run 13.9's @ 98-99 and several more who've run 14.0's @ 97-98 mph...these are all on forums where they've posted timeslips and/or photos.

But obviously having a turbo car, it's easy to make more power with an ECU reflash.
Stage 1 cars (ie: reflash only) are running 13.6-13.7's on good tracks @ 100 mph on average.
Stage 2 cars (ie: reflash with up/down pipes) run 13.4's @ 101-102 mph.

Reflash cost about $650 and up/down pipe another $400 or so.
So for around $1000 you pick up 60+ hp and 80+ torque.
Basically Stage 2 Legacy GT's dyno about 10-12 hp and 15 or so hp MORE than a STOCK WRX STI. But the Legacy GT can't launch as hard for two reasons:
1. It's clutch will slip big time, and 2. The stock suspension is too soft and the car will rock back too much. The car will just NOT let you pull off anything harder than about a 1.85 60' time even on the best of tracks (and that's modded). I haven't seen ANYONE get better than a 1.9 60' time on a stock LGT even at the best of tracks. So even with a bit more power, the Stage 2 Legacy GT will ET about .3-.4 seconds and 1 mph slower than stock WRX STI's can get on great tracks.

Guys who've put STI "pink" springs on their LGT's (lower it 1 inch and obviously stiffens up the ride) have knocked off .4 seconds off their 1/4 ET's just by doing that. A $400-450 mod.
The other thing is the stock All Season tires...they stink REALLY bad.
I think Tirerack has them like #28 out of 32 tires in the class.
Simply switching tires to better/stickier tires helps A LOT.

So basically for around $2000 in mods, an Legacy GT will pull 13.1's @ 102+ mph on great tracks.

Take care guys.
Old 06-03-2005, 09:55 AM

Actually, in my SpecV, I did a 14.87 @ 90.82 at a Different track, on a 2.150 60ft

Like I said, the hallsville track for the slips above, had poor track-prep that night causing alot of wheelspin off the line.
Old 06-03-2005, 10:46 AM

Those are some FAST ET time tracks you run at, but slower trap speeds.
A 90.8 mph trap speed is not indicative of a 14.8 second pass.

The track must run fast at the beginning and then slow at the very end, or those
tracks timing lights are off.

I haven't seen too many Spec V's run but looking at 8 magazine tests (I keep a data bank of like 1200+ car test results from many different magazines since 1995) and the Spec V usually averages 15.61 @ 90 mph in those 8 tests.
The fastest being 15.32
The slowest being 16.0
Most in the 90 mph range with the slowest being 87 mph.

Again, not saying you didn't get a 14.8, but those tracks you run at consistently
seem to run FAST ET's but slower traps.
In most FWD cars running 14.8's they have traps around 94 mph.

That is some odd tracks you run at. Again, I'd love to see the times of other
cars at that/those tracks. I tried to go to the website for the Hallsville track, but
the website absolutely stinks. There's ZERO info. there.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:29 PM

No, I think you just need to do some more research. Couple other people have done 14.8s and 14.9s in their stock SpecVs as well. As you know, it's all in the launch. The people pulling low-mid 15s in their specVs are running 2.2-2.3 60fts. I took the SpecV to 3 different 1/4 mile tracks and 3 different 1/8 mile tracks. The 14.87 wasn't done at Hallsville, it was @ texas motorplex check out their website: www.texasmotorplex.com nationally known track.
It was always pretty much the same times, dependant upon the weather and how well I was able to launch (track prep) at all 6 tracks i've been to w/ that car.

Oh yeah another thing, my buddy sitting here had a GTP that did 13.72 @ 98.7mph, another FWD car that goes against your 'theory' of FWD ET/Trap.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:04 AM

Oh yeah another thing, my buddy sitting here had a GTP that did 13.72 @ 98.7mph, another FWD car that goes against your 'theory' of FWD ET/Trap.

Remind me, what was my "theory" about FWD and ET/traps???

As for your friends 13.72 @ 98.7 in the GTP...obviously modded!!
That doesn't surprise me, with the GTP, it has good low end torque and
responds well to modding (as do nearly all turbo/super charged cars).
The lower trap speed for his 13.7 isn't surprising on that car either.
With most pushrods, (especially GM's 3.8 liter) they lose a TON of steam up top. Good low and midrange for
out of the gate running, but drop like a chute opened up top.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:16 AM

Basically, your theory, or statement rather, that a FWD car will have to trap higher for such an ET.

I dont see why its hard for you to believe my ET for my trap or try to justify it by calling the tracks here (6 different ones of which I've gone to) to be "off" on their timing.
Look at the 15.09 slip I posted above for my SpecV:

2.28 60ft
15.09 @ 90.7mph

at a different track, on a different day, I was launching way better (much better track prep and grip) - scoring 2.1 60fts all night with a best of:

14.87 @ 90.82mph

I dropped my 60ft time by .13 and trapped right at the same speed.
killing .13 in the 60ft is going to effectively drop the ET by ~.25 (general rule of .1 off 60ft = .2 off 1/4 ET)

15.09 - 14.87 = .22 Bingo.

That's just the nature of the SpecV due to it's powerband/lowend torque, and very short gearing. (2nd gear on mine only went to about 50mph) The topend on that car wasn't that great either, but it was definitely strong out of the hole.
Old 06-04-2005, 05:48 PM

It's funny how people, who have never raced or driven a certain car(R32), talk like they are experts about it.
I hope you are not referring to me...
Old 06-04-2005, 07:12 PM

lol no, i saw you actually OWN one, lol. I was referring to somebody else
Old 06-04-2005, 09:47 PM

Basically, your theory, or statement rather, that a FWD car will have to trap higher for such an ET.

I dont see why its hard for you to believe my ET for my trap or try to justify it by calling the tracks here (6 different ones of which I've gone to) to be "off" on their timing.
Yeah, that wasn't a "theory" but it is factual.
AWD cars will usually have FAST ET's but slower traps, due of course
to their launching ability and advantage, but slower traps due to their
drivetrain loss, which slows them down considerably as speeds climb.

FWD cars are the opposite.
They are the worst for getting out of the gates quickly, and therefore
out of the hole, all else being equal, they'll have the slowest 60' times.
BUT, they have the LEAST drivetrain loss of all, SO they actually do better
as speeds increase. So to summarize, a FWD car will usually have SLOWER ET's with HIGHER traps.
RWD cars fall somewhere in between FWD and AWD cars...again all else being equal.

But again, for like the fourth time, I'd have to see or know what OTHER cars are getting at these tracks you run to compare to the times you've gotten
in order to judge the tracks. But from what you've posted, your ET's on these cars are pretty quick but the traps speeds are low.
But without several other times from different cars to compare, I could only
speculate. Maybe it's just that you are great in launching FWD cars, but stink at shifting, so you're getting fast ET's but slow traps. Don't know.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:02 PM

haha i figured that i was just being a ***** head. btw, i guess this is as good a time as any...i got my **** whomped on by NmexMax (stand back everyone and watch as his head gets bigger!) the only gear i really had a chance was in 4th....and even then he reeled me in. we never really did have a dead stop-start though.....although i know that he would catch me by 60mph..guess its time for exhaust or REVO! beech.
Old 06-04-2005, 11:34 PM

Once again, do research on the cars in question before trying to give us information we already know. I told you, the nature of this particular vehicle, is strong launcher with not that great of topend. That is making for the killer ETs and mediocre traps. Just look at the 60ft times, you sound like you've been to the track enough to know how that affects the times.
Up above you said that my 14.87 @ 91 should be a 94 trapspeed b/c "thats what FWD cars trap for that ET" basically..

I'll show you what a well-driven SpecV runs with a 94 trap:

Once again, for about hte 3rd time, This is the nature of the SpecV. Above you seemed to understand that for the GTP, but because it relates to me and my times, you don't get it, dont wan't to get it, or just want to argue. That's fine I'm done after this. B/c you seem to be too stubborn to accept it for what it is.
Old 06-05-2005, 01:21 AM
dot dot dot ...

Haha tht's me!!! Well I never knew I would pull on you that much ... shyt ... I love lofe b/c im wasted!!
Old 06-05-2005, 09:35 AM
Not DAVEB the parts guy

1) The car mags typically do get better times than the average driver, at least from what I've seen at the track over my past 10 years of racing. Mags do correct their times for standard conditions which means sea level, 60 degrees, and 0 humidity. Most of us don't have the luxury of running in such density altitude. This is why the mags tend to pull off decent times. The mags do run their cars with a FULL TANK of gas and over 50lbs of test gear. Most of us don't do that which our cars are well over 200lb lighter than the way the mags test their cars. That's significant. Also mags don't use standard tracks therefore they're ending trap speed isn't an average of the last 66'. They're traps are typically higher than what you'll see on the track. Finally, a good track and good conditions go a long way. The difference between tracks easily mean a difference of .3 and 3mph.

2) Sentra SE-Rs and Spec Vs, while ugly, aren't terribly slow. A guy I know here in KC has gone 15.0@92mph in his bonestock 02 SE-R (no Spec V) and then went 14.6 at over 94 with a header and no muffler. I believe he holds records for these times.

3) AWD cars can launch like a beast, but a finding a driver willing to do it is a rarity. Also, cars like the standard WRX with it's glass tranny don't last long with launches like that.

4) I watched a bonestock 02 Altima 5MT go 14.2@96mph at my track which is at 1100'.
Old 06-08-2005, 09:47 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

just so you guys get back on the original topic...just came back from another race with a maxima...he told me it was a 02 with intake and what ever he ment by full exhaust. We were rolling about 20mph in 1st gear. when i switched to 3rd, i was about 2.5 cars ahead. you guys still put money on his stock auto max???

as for all of you other dousches on this site who nothing about 1.8t's...all bolt on's MBC stripped interior runs 12.5's all day on slicks and about very very low 13's with street tires. throw in a slightly bigger turbo and learn how to drive...then well u get the idea...read about it...ty and have a nice day.

ha....
Old 06-08-2005, 10:45 PM
dot dot dot ...

Feel better now ...
Old 06-08-2005, 10:48 PM
SLOW

What have you got done to your 1.8t? I'm not that inclined to go searching through this long *** thread for it if you've already posted it, sorry. BTW you spelled douches wrong.
Old 06-12-2005, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Indigo beast
just so you guys get back on the original topic...just came back from another race with a maxima...he told me it was a 02 with intake and what ever he ment by full exhaust. We were rolling about 20mph in 1st gear. when i switched to 3rd, i was about 2.5 cars ahead. you guys still put money on his stock auto max???

as for all of you other dousches on this site who nothing about 1.8t's...all bolt on's MBC stripped interior runs 12.5's all day on slicks and about very very low 13's with street tires. throw in a slightly bigger turbo and learn how to drive...then well u get the idea...read about it...ty and have a nice day.

ha....
I don’t want to start a hate thread, but I’ll tell you a story about a kid in a moded GTi. We were at the light, and when the light turned, he went WOT. It caught me off guard, I didn’t know we were racing, but I recovered by the time I hit 2nd and walked him when I got traction. I didn't stop to chat with him, I never do, and my friend and I laughed all the way to work.

Remember, its 40% car and 60% driver. I took neon SRT in the ¼ mi. His ET was lower than mine by .15 sec, but I still won the race.

Oh, that was before the clutch, a-pexi AFC, flywheel and UDP.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:00 AM

pft, GTI. Those cutie lookin things. haha, that turbo is the only thing saving that thing. Talk about about a handful of electrical problems and engine breakdowns...lol
Old 06-21-2005, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Nealoc187
What have you got done to your 1.8t? I'm not that inclined to go searching through this long *** thread for it if you've already posted it, sorry. BTW you spelled douches wrong.
I would like to see what turbo vw's can do against Neal's turboed VQ Boost vs boost, they need to quit picking on N/A cars, though I wouldn't decline a race.
Old 06-23-2005, 06:23 PM
VE Powah!!!

Hey PlanoSER I have a video here on my computer of a '02 SE with CAI/SSR Rims 14.128 @ 97.67 mph vs. a Nitrous Contour SVT 14.445 @ 97.60. That has to be the exact race you are talking about! If someone would tell me how to host it I would. I have no idea what to do hahaha.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:59 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ive walked over sooo many kiddies in their maximas(modded and stock) in my MR2 that i wont even race them any more...(waste of gas!)

i understand that it was made to be a "luxury" car...so dont give me that...if it was made for that then why would people want to race me? just cause you got your 3.5se 255 hp engine they think they can brag...how much do they weigh again?????????? (not to mention the maxima we are talking about is AUTO) bah.

i want to pull up to a supercharged one and see what that gots to offer...but no one has one around here

oh and BTW: if they raced right now the gti would eat that thing alive...just so you guys know...many of you guys underestimate the little gti...until one pulls up and blows your socks off...only then do you "drool" over it....
Old 06-24-2005, 02:20 AM

lol it all depends on what mods either of the people have ive beaten and have been beaten before by gti's everyone keeps trying to compare liek a heavly mod'ed car vs. one thats not. i would rather have a max then a gti though i personaly think there ugly, yet the people who drive them think maxima's are ugly how long is this thread gunna last its been off topic for liek 5 months. somone just delete it already lol.
Old 06-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

^^ well dont delete it...we just neeed them to race for once and see the total outcome of this whole little dispute we have going here....

we neeed to hit up MIR or capital and see for sure...plus i want to see what my freinds GTi will run with his mods...
Old 06-24-2005, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Indigo beast
Im up for a race anytime anyones ready, even if they really are as fast as they claim.

c ya at school...

EDIT: forgot about the wieght...it should be around 2800
thats my kind of person win or lose lets go. i'd take you up on that race but it wouldnt be fair unless i let the air out one of my tires lol.
Old 06-24-2005, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Duckman540i
Hey PlanoSER I have a video here on my computer of a '02 SE with CAI/SSR Rims 14.128 @ 97.67 mph vs. a Nitrous Contour SVT 14.445 @ 97.60. That has to be the exact race you are talking about! If someone would tell me how to host it I would. I have no idea what to do hahaha.
HAhah yeah, that's me running my brother's Maxima at the track a few years ago.
Old 07-05-2005, 05:40 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

i want the max to win but i think the 1.8 mite have it my buddy got a jetta gli chipped exhaust and some other stuff and it moves with the 18 so i duno
Old 07-05-2005, 05:56 PM

Originally Posted by TurboSW20
ive walked over sooo many kiddies in their maximas(modded and stock) in my MR2 that i wont even race them any more...(waste of gas!)

i understand that it was made to be a "luxury" car...so dont give me that...if it was made for that then why would people want to race me? just cause you got your 3.5se 255 hp engine they think they can brag...how much do they weigh again?????????? (not to mention the maxima we are talking about is AUTO) bah.

i want to pull up to a supercharged one and see what that gots to offer...but no one has one around here

oh and BTW: if they raced right now the gti would eat that thing alive...just so you guys know...many of you guys underestimate the little gti...until one pulls up and blows your socks off...only then do you "drool" over it....
GTI's are ugly and I don't need a supercharger to beat one. Quit being an @ss and stop registering in other car forums just to brag about your MR2.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:03 PM
drag racing is for wussies

Hey SW20 boy, I have yet to see a REAL fast MR2 on a drag strip, especially with their Corolla based pos trannies. You sound like some teenager thinking that your "turbo" pos can smoke anything on the road. 1st of all most of the Maximas your race are ricers, not real racers who run 13s or 12s like some of the NA Maximas do here, and second of all, why don't you compare a NA 2.2L 135HP of power SW20 to a NA Maxima ?? Are you affraid ? You don't know **** bout cars, come here from another forum and mouth off like you got some kinda 9 second trailer queen MR2. Every single MR2 I ran in my G20, has seen my tail lights, every. And no my G20 is not a Chevy conversion van eighter.

People need to just stop listening to stupid trolls that show up here to stirr up ****. Like every one of them, call em out to a race and they never show up.