1st & 2nd Generation Maxima (1981-1984 and 1985-1988) Learn more and share information about the 1st and 2nd Generation Maximas.

getting there...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 08:16 AM

getting there...

I bled the brakes last weekend and took it for a ride. They still need some work, but I can get the car to a shop that's better equiped than my garage. Now i need to weld up the exhaust and get it back in place. No fun. The welder stopped working shortly into the job. Turns out it takes a .023 max o.d. wire and I had been running a .035. Maybe I should read the directions.
Still don't have the parking brake cable. I may just have to get it from Autozone.
Old 04-06-2004, 01:04 PM
I love lamp.

Well the car is almost back on the road!
Old 04-09-2004, 06:29 AM

Yes, almost

I've been welding the peices of the exhaust back together with some sections of new pipe as needed. I keep hitting spots that are weak or rusted and it burns holes right through and I have to rebuild the spots with slag, lots and lots of slag. So far I have the collector pipe to the catylitic and the catylitic to the first section to the muffler. Now just the second piece that goes to the muffler with repairs to the pieces that rusted and I should be good to go. I found a snowmobile muffler in the shed I thought about putting on, but, nah.
Anyhow, I'm starting to think it may have been better to have gotten all new pipe from the manifold back rather than do all this. Just a bit of wisdom for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation.

Thanks for the encouragement.BTW, Sarin!

-Coming soon: either the new front fenders or the suspension, That depends on how it rides when it gets back on the road.