3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Anyway to have two intakes? :S

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2002, 09:00 AM

Anyway to have two intakes? :S

I was just thinking, if I can't get rid of the extra intake that is mistakenly being shipped, could I somehow have two? Like double the extra airflow? Or does it allready get enough? DO you think I could get rid of a JWI for around $130? How much would just the adapter for our cars be worth? Geez, I could have got CAI for as much as the jim wolf is costing...(but it'd be neat if the extra airflow would really, really help - I allready have a K&N)
Old 09-17-2002, 09:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Re: Anyway to have two intakes? :S

Originally posted by doomtoo

I was just thinking, if I can't get rid of the extra intake that is mistakenly being shipped, could I somehow have two? Like double the extra airflow? Or does it allready get enough? DO you think I could get rid of a JWI for around $130? How much would just the adapter for our cars be worth? Geez, I could have got CAI for as much as the jim wolf is costing...(but it'd be neat if the extra airflow would really, really help - I allready have a K&N)
Wouldn't two seperate intakes require two mass air flow sensors (MAF)? And if it did, how the heck would you tell the ECU to read and adjust the fuel air mixture from two sensors? Not mention wiring the extra MAF into the system.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:08 AM

Re: Re: Anyway to have two intakes? :S

Originally posted by Pervis Anathema

Wouldn't two seperate intakes require two mass air flow sensors (MAF)? And if it did, how the heck would you tell the ECU to read and adjust the fuel air mixture from two sensors? Not mention wiring the extra MAF into the system.
If you hook up to air filters to like a 'Y' pipe each filter on the ends of the Y, and the single pipe bottom of the Y connects to the maf it's possible to use two filters. I think two filters would allow for easier air flow, dunno if it's practical to do.
Old 09-17-2002, 09:26 AM

Re: Re: Re: Anyway to have two intakes? :S

Originally posted by Sudesh

If you hook up to air filters to like a 'Y' pipe each filter on the ends of the Y, and the single pipe bottom of the Y connects to the maf it's possible to use two filters. I think two filters would allow for easier air flow, dunno if it's practical to do.
Yeah... maybe it's not practical :L ...
Wel, the thing I'm a little sad over, is both intakes together cost about the same as CAI.. How much would just the tuping for CAI cost? could I make it myself(good enough, aka no leaks, with little experience)?
...Or rather, do you think I could? CAI just seems to be the right tubes conected to an hi flow air filter.. ?
Old 09-17-2002, 10:58 AM
Getting back to his roots

Re: Re: Re: Re: Anyway to have two intakes? :S

Why don't you just post the other one for sale in the "For Sale" section? If you can unload it for any more than the cost minus restock fee, then consider it a deal. Or throw it on Ebay.
Old 09-17-2002, 12:20 PM

Go turbo. Then you can use that other intake
Old 09-17-2002, 01:34 PM

Originally posted by MaximaGXE93
Go turbo. Then you can use that other intake
Oooh, neato! Where I can I buy a bolt kit? As soon as it gets here, I will take an hour and slap that bad boy on.

Old 09-17-2002, 04:18 PM

I went to a car show a few weeks there was a new corvette with the dual intake that came off of a y into the single pipe. Then there was another corvette with, get this, three filters . It looked beastly.

-Payne-