3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 07:15 AM

Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...860656622&rd=1

I don't think its that bad looking.....
Old 09-19-2002, 07:23 AM

Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

car is hot...i just dont like the shaved brake lights...the *ss end looks too weird...nice custom work, I like the gas cap...
Old 09-19-2002, 07:41 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

hahahahahahahahahahahaha 18k dollars you gotte be kidding me
For all that money he invested into that car he could have spent that money a little wiser! A lot of work went into that car but for what, for him to lose thousands and thousands in the end? Not worth it!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:44 AM

Re: Re: Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

Originally posted by Kevincleff
For all that money he invested into that car he could have spent that money a little wiser! A lot of work went into that car but for what, for him to lose thousands and thousands in the end? Not worth it!

Eh, It was probably extra money because that thing has a lot of unnecessary things done to it which make it look a bit weird but ya, gotta give him credit for all the work that's put into it.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:37 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

couple of things I like...
1. I like how he did the gas filler(filled the side and moved the filler to the trunk). 2. I like how he filled the side molding with a crease to match the front and rear fenders...that is the first filled in molding I have seen done like that and it looks good because there is something to break up the door (also what I wanted to do but would be to hard for a novice like me to get the line straight)
3. I like the hood scoop...I was wandering how you could make a hood scoop look good on a 3rd gen.

now things I dont like...
1. I dont like the slit tail lights in the bumper because it looks funny around the trunk without lights.
2. I dont like the filled in corner lights...I have wandered what that would look like and I dont like it.
3. I dont like the window posts painted body color.
4. although I like yellow on classic cars and some import sports cars I just dont like it on a Maxima.

The car had a lot of work done to it and it is obviously a show car and probably does quite well with all of the custom work.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:45 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Re: Re: Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

Originally posted by Kevincleff
the thing is most people that do those kind of things enjoy it as a hobby and dont care about how much money they spend.

One thing I have learned is that you do not take on a custom project to make money because you will lose your shirt every time...unless you do the work yourself and can save the expense of the body work. I think the biggest problem in a custom is that one persons "vision" is anothers "rice"-or junk.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:25 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Uhh, yeah! What Michael said!
Old 09-19-2002, 10:14 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

Originally posted by awsm66

the thing is most people that do those kind of things enjoy it as a hobby and dont care about how much money they spend.

One thing I have learned is that you do not take on a custom project to make money because you will lose your shirt every time...unless you do the work yourself and can save the expense of the body work. I think the biggest problem in a custom is that one persons "vision" is anothers "rice"-or junk.
either u love it or hate it. that's how it is with cars like that. i totally agree on what you say..and after u doing your work i'm sure you see that too.
Old 09-19-2002, 10:29 AM
To them I'm like an idol

Re: Re: Another E-bay Custom...Check it out..

Originally posted by veejayes
car is hot...i just dont like the shaved brake lights...the *ss end looks too weird...nice custom work, I like the gas cap...
I hate cars with low "go to show" ratio. This one has way too much show, and not even go. All that crap and the only real mod he could manage is a strut bar? And that's probably only a real mod by accident, because it was probably bought for show.