3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

A questoin for someone who knows

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2002, 09:26 PM

A questoin for someone who knows

I am going to try to ask one more time. Does anybody out there know where the head temperature wire runs in a 91 gxe. I rebuilt my engine and it runs great but my car won't start when it is warm. It starts fine when it is cold and I set the timing to 20 degrees TDC. I have a wsp y-pipe. All I need is for my engine to run corectly. I know my heat temp sensor is not pluged in and I have the wire to plug it in but have no clue where it goes. Please help guys I have had this car in my garage for 7 months and I need a way to work and school. I already drove it to get the tires aligned but like I said once the engine heats up it wont run right and it wont start hot...Any suggestions or answers..... Please help
Old 11-07-2002, 10:20 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: A questoin for someone who knows

I know where it starts, that might help.
The Head temp sensor, first off is a royal PITA to get to.
It's under the timing belt cover threaded into the head (duh). Where the wire goes, I don't know...I was concentrating on the timing belt at that time.

Originally posted by jmrader
I am going to try to ask one more time. Does anybody out there know where the head temperature wire runs in a 91 gxe. I rebuilt my engine and it runs great but my car won't start when it is warm. It starts fine when it is cold and I set the timing to 20 degrees TDC. I have a wsp y-pipe. All I need is for my engine to run corectly. I know my heat temp sensor is not pluged in and I have the wire to plug it in but have no clue where it goes. Please help guys I have had this car in my garage for 7 months and I need a way to work and school. I already drove it to get the tires aligned but like I said once the engine heats up it wont run right and it wont start hot...Any suggestions or answers..... Please help
Old 11-07-2002, 10:30 PM
STFU n00b!

buy a service manual. look in there. problem solved.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:30 AM

I have a service manual and It dosnt show any schematics on where it connects into the wiring harness, I know where the head temp sensor itself is and Im going to have to take the destributor off to get to it but I just dont know where the wire runs, this is a nightmare its gota be a simple spot right infront of me where it plugs in but I dont see it..