3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VTC's

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 10:00 AM

VTC's

Ok, I hear alot of bad things about VTC's and hope I never get the problem. My question is what causes the VTC's to go bad??? Is there any kind of prevenative maintenance that can be done?
Old 12-27-2002, 10:02 AM
I'm needing a caw

Your kidding right?
Old 12-27-2002, 10:54 AM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?threadid=175107
Old 12-27-2002, 10:56 AM
I'm needing a caw

Your kidding right?
Old 12-27-2002, 11:45 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

who here isn't kidding?
Old 12-27-2002, 12:42 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Your kidding right?
What? I was helping the guy out.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:45 PM
I'm needing a caw

You guys know there is a FAQ on this right? Sorry.

Originally posted by Slither

What? I was helping the guy out.
Old 12-27-2002, 12:51 PM

Yea, and ya know I read that FAQ myself, and was more lost than when I first signed up here, Maybe, if everyonce in a while, when someone posted a question about VTC's, instead of saying the same **** over and over(ie:use the search function, click on the search buttom dumbass,,etc...) people will be more inclined to use the search button. Out of all the results I got back doing a search about VTC's, I ended up getting all my info from another site, and NOT here because people dont want to explain something over and over. Hey, if the problem didnt happen over and over and over, you wouldnt have that many questions about it. And, if everyonce in a while, you would answer a question, people wouldnt have to weed through all the smack talk to find an answer. Just a thought
Old 12-27-2002, 01:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

You know how many times I've posted on this subject? I finally got tired of doing that and made a FAQ. So after spending a few hours doing that, bugging Maximamike to host it for me, I'm supposed to continue to repeat myself??
Maybe if people took a second to look though the already published information on VTCs, there wouldn't be all the questions. Just a thought

Yea, and ya know I read that FAQ myself, and was more lost than when I first signed up here, Maybe, if everyonce in a while, when someone posted a question about VTC's, instead of saying the same **** over and over(ie:use the search function, click on the search buttom dumbass,,etc...) people will be more inclined to use the search button. Out of all the results I got back doing a search about VTC's, I ended up getting all my info from another site, and NOT here because people dont want to explain something over and over. Hey, if the problem didnt happen over and over and over, you wouldnt have that many questions about it. And, if everyonce in a while, you would answer a question, people wouldnt have to weed through all the smack talk to find an answer. Just a thought
Old 12-27-2002, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
You know how many times I've posted on this subject? I finally got tired of doing that and made a FAQ. So after spending a few hours doing that, bugging Maximamike to host it for me, I'm supposed to continue to repeat myself??
Maybe if people took a second to look though the already published information on VTCs, there wouldn't be all the questions. Just a thought

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

You search through all that garbage. Good luck finding anything resembling information.
ps, isnt part of being a moderator meaning GET OFF YOUR *** and helping? You dont want to keep explaining, i understand it must get annoying, but damn man, your supposed to be the one who keeps the BS to a minimum? Good luck with your "job" here as a moderator and I hope your "real" job you show more class.
Peace
Old 12-27-2002, 01:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

http://forums.maxima.org/search.php?...der=descending

You search through all that garbage. Good luck finding anything resembling information.

Really? I found a VERY informative thread in 1 minute. Since I mentioned I posted about this, maybe refining the search to something more than just "VTC" would be smart. But then again

ps, isnt part of being a moderator meaning GET OFF YOUR *** and helping?

Nope. It means "don't let people post dumb shat and flame each other". Tell you what, review ALL the information regarding the VTCs, replace a few of them yourself and then come back and help the guy. That's what I did. How about yourself

You dont want to keep explaining, i understand it must get annoying, but damn man, your supposed to be the one who keeps the BS to a minimum? Good luck with your "job" here as a moderator and I hope your "real" job you show more class.
Peace
I'm TRYING to keep it to a min, but you keep maximizing it. I've been a moderator for about 2 years longer than you've been a member and you want to tell me how to moderate? Odd. WTF does this INTERNET have to do with real life?? Come on man.
Old 12-27-2002, 01:24 PM
Derek94SE

I first came to Maxima.org because of the VTC problem, and the first thing I read was the FAQ. I got all the info I needed about them, and my car no longer ticks. I didn't even have to bother to post to figure out what was wrong, and what I needed to do to fix it, the information was already there, and just waiting for me to read through it. I understand wanting to get real answers to questions, but I also understand not wanting to have to retype answers 5 times a week because people are too lazy to find the already published information.

Old 12-27-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm needing a caw

Now where's the logic in that?? hehe. Nice post and good job.

Originally posted by Derek94SE
I first came to Maxima.org because of the VTC problem, and the first thing I read was the FAQ. I got all the info I needed about them, and my car no longer ticks. I didn't even have to bother to post to figure out what was wrong, and what I needed to do to fix it, the information was already there, and just waiting for me to read through it. I understand wanting to get real answers to questions, but I also understand not wanting to have to retype answers 5 times a week because people are too lazy to find the already published information.
Old 12-27-2002, 03:50 PM

Well, I want kiss your *** to get in good here, so sorry. I stand where I stand, be a little more courtios and maybe you will get a lot more people who post here a lot instead of just when there is a problem with there car.
Oh and , good post
Old 12-27-2002, 03:58 PM
I'm needing a caw

Well, I want kiss your *** to get in good here, so sorry.

1) please don't do that. ick.
2) wth does common logic and intelligence have to do with kissing up? odd

I stand where I stand, be a little more courtios and maybe you will get a lot more people who post here a lot

You mean more than the few thousand that already do? Cool!

instead of just when there is a problem with there car.
Oh and , good post
What do you expect with 3-gens with well over 100,000 miles?

How about you just posting when you have something other than a whine? Slappy New Year!