3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Strobes

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2001, 03:11 PM
OG and counting...

I am interested in putting strobes in the cornering lamps and in the taillights of my Max (Similar to a cop car's). I am curious as to whether that can be done without interfering with the normal functions of the brake and other lights. Also curious as to whether this can be done with no detriment to the electrical system.
Old 01-16-2001, 04:02 PM

im looking to do the same thing. if you look around different companies sell kits for doing this. they come with all the relays and everything. some come with switches to control the flash rate as well. i dont think it would interfere with anything else at all. i have not gotten mine yet, but from what ive seen they appear to run independent of the other lights.
Old 01-16-2001, 06:36 PM

look at galls

or galls.com i think.....they sell the police stobes but sort of expensive i know the controller for 4 bulbs is like 100 bucks and the buulbs r like 35 a piece and then u need the cable..... these r the best strobes to put on u can see them in the daylight and at night the look is really wild... but never flash them on the road u will get pulled over and get a ticket and where i live the cops make u pull them out where i live in jersey city... u can get up to i think 16 bulbs crazy money for that....with this box u can control the nuber of flashs like double triple and so on... easy to connect to an alarm....
Old 01-17-2001, 06:42 AM
OG and counting...

I looked at Galls.com and I found that I would need 2 sets of the strobe lights at $135 a pair and the Power Relay for $70. This will be interesting when I get this to work.
Old 01-18-2001, 05:54 AM
OG and counting...

More strobe information

I talked to the guys at Galls yesterday and he suggested the Halogen flashers which would not be as expensive as the strobes. I doubt they would be as bright, though.

I also checked the price of a strobe install with a local car stereo shop and they said it would be $220 to do the full install (strobes & relays only). Another place mentioned that a similar install would be $400 (different vehicle). I also talked to an alarm shop and they suggested getting the strobes installed first then add the alarm system.

Old 01-18-2001, 09:43 AM

Hey i got Strobes on my car. i got a white under my front bumper, white in my corners, and an italian flag in my grill, (green, white, red), and 2 other blues in my grill, i turn the blues on when im showin off but i turn the italian flag on when im just ****in around wit my friends, they look phat, and wit my cleared out blinkers in the back, i got white strobes in them on the corners. they look tight at night. just thought i'd share mine. peace.
Old 01-18-2001, 10:07 AM

Originally posted by UndecidedMax
Hey i got Strobes on my car. i got a white under my front bumper, white in my corners, and an italian flag in my grill, (green, white, red), and 2 other blues in my grill, i turn the blues on when im showin off but i turn the italian flag on when im just ****in around wit my friends, they look phat, and wit my cleared out blinkers in the back, i got white strobes in them on the corners. they look tight at night. just thought i'd share mine. peace.
Are the strobes you have the cheap ones from pepboys, they're like $20 for a set?
Old 01-18-2001, 01:15 PM
OG and counting...

Decisions.....Decisions......Decisions......:confu sed:
Old 01-18-2001, 01:26 PM

there is no way in hell id spend 200 some bucks for strobe lights. that is just insane. why would you spend that much? they are just strobe lights. you cant drive around with them on. i would not buy the pepboys ones, just because they would not flash right and they would be harder to install. go buy some from like streetglow.com or somethin, or go to your local performance shop and buy what they have. the only thing that 200 bucks is gonna do is get you a slightly brighter strobe.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:36 PM

The police in my area use Whalen strobe lights. Really epensive i have been then on ebay for around $300. there is no way i will pay that much for lights sorry!
Old 01-19-2001, 01:12 AM

I have strobes in my max..

I have actual Xenon bulbs as my strobe light bulbs. They are just as bright as the actual police strobes. I've been in several car shows (in daylight) with other cars with actual police strobes and other types of strobes. My strobes flash VERY bright and have the same brightness as the other show cars with police strobes. I've seen cars with strobes that are pathetic... I mean, those strobes use a halogen bulb and they just SUCK! I paid $60 for each Xenon bulb, and paid $40 for a strobe control unit and another $40 for a multi-strobe control switch which can set the pattern of the strobes (Wig-Wag, Chase, ALL, Alternate). But I really HATE these strobes... Don't get me wrong, I love how the strobes eye-blinding bright but they don't flash the way I want them to!! I want to find some strobes that have triple flashes. My strobes only have single flashes. One of my Teammates has a cheap strobe light kit, and they come with a switch and 2 bulbs. I helped him install it.. when you turn on the switch, both strobes flash at the same time and have single flashes. They SUCK!! They are very dim... you can't hardly see them at night time! and they only flash at the same time...that's stupid!! This is my experience with strobes... If anyone knows of any strobes lights (NO GALLS!!) that have triple flashes, please tell me!! Thanks