3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

power windows

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2003, 04:45 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

power windows

The windows for both the back doors are not working and neither is the locking system. I have central locking in my car but the windows of the back panels do not seem to work. Could there be some electrical fault? Please can anyone tell me how to fix this and where should i go about looking for the fault. The windows just dont seem to work either from the fromt or the back./ I cannot pull them don and to lock and unlock and unlock the doors, I have to do it manually. It doesnt work with the central locking so i am guessing there is some problem with the wiring of the back doors that have made all the operations to fail on them.

I hope someone replies to this with an answer that gets me out of my misery.
Old 04-09-2003, 05:15 PM

Re: power windows

maybe its your window regulators? check out craigb's website...he has tons of useful information and basic how to's. sometimes you can find some window regulators on ebay, but if not you can check out courtesy nissan. Hope this helps...

Craig's Site:
http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte671n/mymax.html

Courtesy:
www.courtesyparts.com

Originally posted by sum189
The windows for both the back doors are not working and neither is the locking system. I have central locking in my car but the windows of the back panels do not seem to work. Could there be some electrical fault? Please can anyone tell me how to fix this and where should i go about looking for the fault. The windows just dont seem to work either from the fromt or the back./ I cannot pull them don and to lock and unlock and unlock the doors, I have to do it manually. It doesnt work with the central locking so i am guessing there is some problem with the wiring of the back doors that have made all the operations to fail on them.

I hope someone replies to this with an answer that gets me out of my misery.