3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Sick and tired of aftermarket clears

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2003, 02:05 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Dark Lord Bunny
It's definitely a surface tint Mike. And unlike the DIY stuff this is guaranteed not to fade over time so you don't have to reapply every 6 months or so (not to mention it only set me back about $50 minus shipping). I've seen the jobs where the reflector inside is painted and while looking half decent the light output is just pure butt. But, until I can actually get my hands on OEM UK corners, this is the best I can hope for for now.

I hate to be a bastard, but I love these, and I don't want every 3rd genner rockin these like they rock the clears. I did a bit of footwork for these so I don't see why the rest of 'yall shouldn't. Searching can yeild many things.

I might give you a clue if you PayPal me a couple of bucks as a donation to my "Max fund"...

Yeah I know how they were done then . I am thinking of offering this service to people wanting to do it but have to perfect it first (and although the money would be nice am not sure I would like everyone and their mother having them)...youre right its not DIY for most but with profesional equipment is very doable.
Old 10-01-2003, 03:00 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You of course having the equipment on hand ya bastige...

BTW... I've been meaning to ask you... you pretty much used Peel And Seal on your whole car. How is it comparatively with stock as far as road noise and sound from your system go??? About how much weight did you add on approximately and how is it with the butt dyno??? I was thinking of doing the same thing but was afraid that the creature comforts would detract way too heavily from my ummm.... "spirited" driving...
Old 10-01-2003, 06:46 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

You of course having the equipment on hand ya bastige...

BTW... I've been meaning to ask you... you pretty much used Peel And Seal on your whole car. How is it comparatively with stock as far as road noise and sound from your system go??? About how much weight did you add on approximately and how is it with the butt dyno??? I was thinking of doing the same thing but was afraid that the creature comforts would detract way too heavily from my ummm.... "spirited" driving...

hehe yeah I have the equipment lol.

well I honestly havent driven the car with everything put back together yet. I havent driven it in over 3 or 4 months. Soon I will have it back from my friends shop (should have never taken it to him in the first place but thats another story) though and will let you know then. I honestly dont think it added that much weight. The stuff isnt that heavy.
Old 10-01-2003, 09:07 PM

Hi guys!

My clears separated about 3 days of installing them. I got mine from procarparts.com last year when I got my VE.

I have 3 pairs of stock corners, so maybe I'll disect one of those.
Old 10-01-2003, 10:00 PM

It's definitely a surface tint Mike. And unlike the DIY stuff this is guaranteed not to fade over time so you don't have to reapply every 6 months or so (not to mention it only set me back about $50 minus shipping). I've seen the jobs where the reflector inside is painted and while looking half decent the light output is just pure butt. But, until I can actually get my hands on OEM UK corners, this is the best I can hope for for now.

I hate to be a bastard, but I love these, and I don't want every 3rd genner rockin these like they rock the clears. I did a bit of footwork for these so I don't see why the rest of 'yall shouldn't. Searching can yeild many things.

I might give you a clue if you PayPal me a couple of bucks as a donation to my "Max fund"...

will ten bucks be worth the max fund and get some mysterious email with the info
Old 10-01-2003, 10:33 PM

if i had the money, i could get UK clears...too much stuff i want..i should probably think about getting the max back on the road first
i suppose i should start a UK clear corner fund