3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

So I had the BlemCo RSB and Addco RSB installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2004, 07:03 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

So I had the BlemCo RSB and Addco RSB installed

Friday night I installed the BlemCo rear strut bar. The install was very simple. Same as the FSB only the seat back has to come off. From what I can tell the craftsmanship of the RSB is very good, although it did come with a scratch in the paint. Don’t know if that was something to worry about (rust) so I just put it in. I drove around a little, but not enough to feel and huge difference. The car did feel a bit firmer.

Then Saturday I had the Addco RSB installed with the BlemCo links. That is something I definitely had to bring to get installed. Boy was it a tight fit. The mechanic (Andy of Axix Auto, Brooklyn, NY) kept saying "Boy is the back of this car going to be tight".

I didn’t get to "drive" the car until Sunday and all I can say is WOW, what a difference!!! The car is very responsive. I didn’t get to take any really tight turns, but the ones I did, and was used to, felt completely different. There is NO body roll now. I am very happy with the suspension mods I have. Soon I will get the SFC's installed.

I will take pics during the week and post
Old 03-08-2004, 07:49 AM
STFU n00b!

Sorry about the scratch on the paint.. rust won't be an issue inside the car. I thought about shipping them non-painted, but it's easier just to paint them and not have to worry about it at all.

when I get my powdercoater, I'm going to PC them just to make them a little purdier and the finish tougher.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by 94M@X
Friday night I installed the BlemCo rear strut bar. The install was very simple. Same as the FSB only the seat back has to come off. From what I can tell the craftsmanship of the RSB is very good, although it did come with a scratch in the paint. Don’t know if that was something to worry about (rust) so I just put it in. I drove around a little, but not enough to feel and huge difference. The car did feel a bit firmer.

Then Saturday I had the Addco RSB installed with the BlemCo links. That is something I definitely had to bring to get installed. Boy was it a tight fit. The mechanic (Andy of Axix Auto, Brooklyn, NY) kept saying "Boy is the back of this car going to be tight".

I didn’t get to "drive" the car until Sunday and all I can say is WOW, what a difference!!! The car is very responsive. I didn’t get to take any really tight turns, but the ones I did, and was used to, felt completely different. There is NO body roll now. I am very happy with the suspension mods I have. Soon I will get the SFC's installed.

I will take pics during the week and post
i only have the first stage SFCs installed (not really time to get the others done yet), it feels like a much heavier car in that its VERY stable, and not very upset by small road irregularities like before. someone said the SFCs make the suspension work a bit harder instead of having flex in the chassis, i believe it..cant wait to get the rest of my suspension squared away.
Old 03-08-2004, 08:15 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Sorry about the scratch on the paint.. rust won't be an issue inside the car. I thought about shipping them non-painted, but it's easier just to paint them and not have to worry about it at all.
No biggie, as long as rust isnt an issue. I dont care what it looks like, it isnt going to be seen
Thanks for making great products for out cars

MaDMaX024 - I have the Stage 2 SFC's. I'll proably get them installed this week. Cant wait!! I am going to have to work on making the car faster now.