3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Ve is down for good!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2004, 05:50 AM

Ve is down for good!!!!

Yesterday this guy in a motorcycle fell off his bike doing like 100 mph and is bike hit my car. I am so fkng ****ed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now i dont know if i shoul fix the car or part it out. i think fixing it is going to be too much of a hassle. what do you guys think?
Old 04-02-2004, 06:00 AM
Way out West

Did the guy DIE?!?!?!

A dude drops his bike at 100 mph and you are pi$$ed about your car?

Once the guy comes to (if he isn't dead) he should have some kind of insurance. If not, you should have uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage. I think even if the guy is dead, he should have had insurance.

Did you get in touch with your insurance company? Get a body shop estimate. They will tell you if it's fixable or a total. If it's a total, then I would probably try to buy it back and part it out. Otherwise, let them fix it.
Old 04-02-2004, 06:33 AM
STFU n00b!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:32 PM

How unconsiderate...falling off his bike at 100 and not making sure his bike didn't hit a car.

But if you have a wsp y-pipe, you should part it out.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:04 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

If you r considering to parting out your car and let me know since we are only 30 mintues away n I am in Miami.

By the way , Did the guy make it ?

Old 04-02-2004, 02:04 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

I may sound like a **** but you shouldn't be going 100 on anything, especially not a bike and ESPECIALLY not when other people are around. Thats what salt flats, airstrips, and race tracks are for.
Old 04-02-2004, 02:41 PM

Tell me about it the funny part is the cops blamed it on me because i had my nose out after a stop but i was stoped completely this guys fell off his bike like a block away from me, his bike totaled my car and landed another block away. I said he was doing like 100 because that's what i could figure. To do all that damage to a maxima and still travel like another block you have to be halling ***. However the guy survived they took him to the hospital and he was well so..... The car is pretty much stock it has 90k miles and it has no performance upgrades but ran a 15.1 the only time i took it to the track on just an intake
Old 04-02-2004, 03:00 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Well , Let me know what u r gunna do with you car and if you have something to offer me then PM me.
What kind INTAKE do you have in your engine? Let me know what is your final decision.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:03 PM

I do hear you, dude. But there are more important things in life than worrying about a car. Things like people's lives. And the argument that he didn't care for his life so why should you, pretty much defines "ridiculous".

It IS terrible that your car was damaged, don't get me wrong. But if I were you, I would thank heavens the bike wasn't aimed four feet in the other direction, or you may not have been able to post this thread in the first place. And I would also be glad that the other guy is alive. Let's hope he is doing well. Yes, he was reckless.....but you'd be a better man for showing concern for LIFE, instead of a da*n car.

Peace!
Old 04-02-2004, 03:22 PM

Geebus, 15.1 w/ just an intake????

hmmm...
Old 04-02-2004, 04:36 PM

...Sounds like something that would happen in MIA. My condolences on the Max. RIP
Old 04-03-2004, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by 95se5spd
Tell me about it the funny part is the cops blamed it on me because i had my nose out after a stop but i was stoped completely this guys fell off his bike like a block away from me, his bike totaled my car and landed another block away. I said he was doing like 100 because that's what i could figure. To do all that damage to a maxima and still travel like another block you have to be halling ***. However the guy survived they took him to the hospital and he was well so..... The car is pretty much stock it has 90k miles and it has no performance upgrades but ran a 15.1 the only time i took it to the track on just an intake

i had a similar thing happen to me...and cbr600rr hit me almost head on going about 60 mph and tore half of my front end off and bent my frame...its pretty bad...since i was making a left hand turn i got blamed even though he was comin around a blind corner...i love my max to much and im choosing to fix my car out of my own pocket...the estimate i got for my car was about $3000 to fix it...but i plan on doing all of the body work myself so i only have to pay to get the frame straightened...and i got lucky and bought a parts car for cheap...it pretty much up to you...if you like your car enough then fix it...if not then part it out
Old 04-03-2004, 03:55 PM
1993 SE

Originally Posted by vwink182
How unconsiderate...falling off his bike at 100 and not making sure his bike didn't hit a car.

But if you have a wsp y-pipe, you should part it out.
VERY FUNNY...STILL LAUGHING OF MOTORCYCLE
Old 04-03-2004, 04:49 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

that is what insurance is for, say a prayer for the stupid cycle driver and then say a prayer for your max.....
Old 04-03-2004, 04:56 PM

i am with the owner he shouldnt have been goin so fast he jeperdized not only him self but others he deserved to fall off then get tha crap kicked out of him for causing damage to some ones hard earned property by being an idiot
Old 04-03-2004, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 89badmaxse
i am with the owner he shouldnt have been goin so fast he jeperdized not only him self but others he deserved to fall off then get tha crap kicked out of him for causing damage to some ones hard earned property by being an idiot
....I rest my case. you kids will never learn, will you? Please go ahead and do it by all means. And the next time you see a teenager smoking on the side of the road, run him over with your Max. After all, if he is stupid enough to shave 7 minutes off his life with every cigarette, you might as well speed up the inevitable and end his misery, right?

I am sorry for venting on you like this my friend, but i am afraid that by the time you develop true respect for life regardless of whether others do or not, it may be too late.

Anyway, I will stop now.
Old 04-04-2004, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by usmanasif
....I rest my case. you kids will never learn, will you? Please go ahead and do it by all means. And the next time you see a teenager smoking on the side of the road, run him over with your Max. After all, if he is stupid enough to shave 7 minutes off his life with every cigarette, you might as well speed up the inevitable and end his misery, right?

I am sorry for venting on you like this my friend, but i am afraid that by the time you develop true respect for life regardless of whether others do or not, it may be too late.

Anyway, I will stop now.
how old you think i am?????? a kid smokin on the side of the road is alot different then some jack *** tearin up your stuff because he was to stupid to keep his hand off the gas. the kid smokin on the side of the road did nothing to me let 'em smoke..... you know what i have plenty of respect for life just not for idiots who do things not to deserve it. THERE i rest my case.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:24 AM

how old you think i am?????? a kid smokin on the side of the road is alot different then some jack *** tearin up your stuff because he was to stupid to keep his hand off the gas. the kid smokin on the side of the road did nothing to me let 'em smoke..... you know what i have plenty of respect for life just not for idiots who do things not to deserve it. THERE i rest my case.
Bro, if you are NOT a kid and yet have such views on life, i feel for you, i really do. So you say a smoker does you no harm but a reckless biker does? I guess you are not familiar with the concept of second hand smoke. My argument was EXACTLY is line with your first one...if you just think about it.

I am a volunteer chief martial arts instructor at a few area schools, and the first thing i teach any student, regardless of their age, is to respect life, and respect their opponent even if he/she doesn't care for them; because to me recklessness derives off of total disregard for life....whether in a dojo or on the road.

Peace!
Old 04-04-2004, 03:40 PM

let me tell you something people like you are the reason why alot of people like me are out there. you would be the person to stick up for a bank robber that pointed a gun to a clerks head and had his blown off by a security guard. thats bs the bastard deserved to get shot for walkin into the bank with a gun and tryin to rob someone. and then think about this if the guy on the bike had regards for life then why was he speeding down the raod???? tell me that one. dont vent on me man because my boy was mindin his own biz and lost his **** because some retard dont know how to keep it down. then you want people to feel for him when if he woulda had regards to life he wouldnt have been doin that junk in the first place. so maybe if that guy on the bike wasnt haulin *** and it was just a freak accident then id feel but that wasnt the case so i feel he got what he deserved and maybe it he wont do it again. i know way to many people that do dumb things then want people to feel for them or help them when somthing bad happends or consequences catch up when if thay wouldnt have done it in the first place it wouldnt have happend. so if you can tell em that is entirely wrong to feel that way then thats your .02 to me and i will take it into consideration next time i hear of somthign like this.
Old 04-04-2004, 07:49 PM

let me tell you something people like you are the reason why alot of people like me are out there. you would be the person to stick up for a bank robber that pointed a gun to a clerks head and had his blown off by a security guard. thats bs the bastard deserved to get shot for walkin into the bank with a gun and tryin to rob someone. and then think about this if the guy on the bike had regards for life then why was he speeding down the raod???? tell me that one. dont vent on me man because my boy was mindin his own biz and lost his **** because some retard dont know how to keep it down. then you want people to feel for him when if he woulda had regards to life he wouldnt have been doin that junk in the first place. so maybe if that guy on the bike wasnt haulin *** and it was just a freak accident then id feel but that wasnt the case so i feel he got what he deserved and maybe it he wont do it again. i know way to many people that do dumb things then want people to feel for them or help them when somthing bad happends or consequences catch up when if thay wouldnt have done it in the first place it wouldnt have happend. so if you can tell em that is entirely wrong to feel that way then thats your .02 to me and i will take it into consideration next time i hear of somthign like this.
Hmm...a few issues here. First, honestly, I am struggling to understand what you're trying to say, but it is turning into a word pudding in my head. What exactly does 80% of this mean? I am still scratching my head. I will try to address the content as I comprehend it, so I excuse me if it is faultered.

Number two, I got two words for you bro: Critical Reasoning. Ever heard of the term? It basically means using ideas in support of a certain point of view while using diction and structure to your advantage. You are missing out on that a bit.

So now you're saying a bank robber is no worse than a speeding biker? How about a speeding car driver? I would like to see a cop use that line on you if you ever get pulled over for speeding. I mean, they are both about reckless endangerment, right? You and the robber would both be using a deadly weapon...him a gun, you a car. And remember any weapon is dangerous only when used with harmful intent. So if the cop were to act the same way as the bank guard did, I guess he wouldn't even pull you over. He would sniper your head with his long-range telescopic rifle off the top of an overhead bridge as soon as he clocks you as going over the speed limit and thereby turning your car into a deadly weapon for everyone else on the road. What do you have to say about that? But come to think of it though, that would reduce police spending big time! And that means lower taxes for us! Yippeee!

My friend, you know how long it takes me to disarm someone using just my body? Between a 0.5 and one second. Any true martial artist with street skills will tell you the same thing. But would I attempt that if others were around? Only if I knew the other guy intends to start shooting at us indiscriminately. And even then, I would never turn the gun back on him and shoot his head off just because now I have it and he doesn't! Power is a funny thing u see; those of us who have earned it, never use it unwisely.

So as you can see my friend, you can make whatever argument you want, but I will always come back with a stronger one. This time, please make sure you can really understand what I'm trying to say. If you do, you may even agree (unless you would rather have the cops start shooting all over the highways! we don't want that!). I can go on and on about this but I don't see the point in banging my head against a brick wall. You will just have to learn it on your own. For the sake of society, I just hope it happens soon.

Be safe out there and practice restraint. Be the bigger man.

Peace!

P.S.: For the sake of my own sanity and in the interest of time, I am really resting my case this time! Feel free to PM me on this if you, for some odd reason, still want to hone your critical reasoning skills.
Old 04-05-2004, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Hmm...a few issues here. First, honestly, I am struggling to understand what you're trying to say, but it is turning into a word pudding in my head. What exactly does 80% of this mean? I am still scratching my head. I will try to address the content as I comprehend it, so I excuse me if it is faultered.

Number two, I got two words for you bro: Critical Reasoning. Ever heard of the term? It basically means using ideas in support of a certain point of view while using diction and structure to your advantage. You are missing out on that a bit.

So now you're saying a bank robber is no worse than a speeding biker? How about a speeding car driver? I would like to see a cop use that line on you if you ever get pulled over for speeding. I mean, they are both about reckless endangerment, right? You and the robber would both be using a deadly weapon...him a gun, you a car. And remember any weapon is dangerous only when used with harmful intent. So if the cop were to act the same way as the bank guard did, I guess he wouldn't even pull you over. He would sniper your head with his long-range telescopic rifle off the top of an overhead bridge as soon as he clocks you as going over the speed limit and thereby turning your car into a deadly weapon for everyone else on the road. What do you have to say about that? But come to think of it though, that would reduce police spending big time! And that means lower taxes for us! Yippeee!

My friend, you know how long it takes me to disarm someone using just my body? Between a 0.5 and one second. Any true martial artist with street skills will tell you the same thing. But would I attempt that if others were around? Only if I knew the other guy intends to start shooting at us indiscriminately. And even then, I would never turn the gun back on him and shoot his head off just because now I have it and he doesn't! Power is a funny thing u see; those of us who have earned it, never use it unwisely.

So as you can see my friend, you can make whatever argument you want, but I will always come back with a stronger one. This time, please make sure you can really understand what I'm trying to say. If you do, you may even agree (unless you would rather have the cops start shooting all over the highways! we don't want that!). I can go on and on about this but I don't see the point in banging my head against a brick wall. You will just have to learn it on your own. For the sake of society, I just hope it happens soon.

Be safe out there and practice restraint. Be the bigger man.

Peace!

P.S.: For the sake of my own sanity and in the interest of time, I am really resting my case this time! Feel free to PM me on this if you, for some odd reason, still want to hone your critical reasoning skills.
ill tell you what i am the way i am you cannot change that if i feel he got what he deserved thats how i feel nothin you can say about it to change it but ill tell you what i especcially have no regards for him (or you now) because when people like the biker doin 100 have no reguards for life or other llives then why would i. you can coem back and rest as many cases as you want fien with me i dont have ot pm you or argue any more. ill im sayin is maybe if the idiot on the bike had reguards for lives he wouldnt have been doin 100 in the first place on a road like that. obviously he had no reguard for his life at the time so why should i show regurards for him maybe you care about him more then he even cares about him self but thats good for you. caring about total strangers more then they care about them selfs wont get you any where cuz remember if they dont care about themselves that much then they could probally really care less about you. think about that one before you try to stick up for some speeding dumbass he dont care nor would alot of other people now i rest my case..
Old 04-05-2004, 07:10 PM

ill tell you what i am the way i am you cannot change that if i feel he got what he deserved thats how i feel nothin you can say about it to change it but ill tell you what i especcially have no regards for him (or you now) because when people like the biker doin 100 have no reguards for life or other llives then why would i. you can coem back and rest as many cases as you want fien with me i dont have ot pm you or argue any more. ill im sayin is maybe if the idiot on the bike had reguards for lives he wouldnt have been doin 100 in the first place on a road like that. obviously he had no reguard for his life at the time so why should i show regurards for him maybe you care about him more then he even cares about him self but thats good for you. caring about total strangers more then they care about them selfs wont get you any where cuz remember if they dont care about themselves that much then they could probally really care less about you. think about that one before you try to stick up for some speeding dumbass he dont care nor would alot of other people now i rest my case..
Old 04-05-2004, 08:03 PM

89badmaxse , you rested your case many times now..

usmanasif , being a martial arts teacher/assistant/tutor, you should be the one to know that you cant change people's point of view for life, this is why we have people from Texas creating express lanes for Execution, with only one point of view on life... if you know what I mean. the whole "If you kill/hurt someone, you must get hurt too" bull$#!t.

89badmaxse , life is priceless, a car isnt. the biker didnt deserve to get hurt or die just so he can learn a lesson. we learn lessons every day in this life, that doesnt mean we have to get hurt or paralyzed everytime we learn someting from out mistakes.

everything happens for a reason, so just let it be and 'enjoy' the ride.
Old 04-05-2004, 08:20 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

ill just start by saying that i too am a martial artist, i am currently a 2nd degree black belt and placed 3rd in the northeast championships for sparring so i nkow a thing or two on power, control and awesome responsibility it takes not to seriously strangle someone when they peeve you off. and yes it does take only half a second for me to disarm a gun, knife, bottle, bat, stick, tazer, ect...

however the bottom line is this guy broke the law its there for a reason and he diddnt respect it. Who do i feel bad for ? well both i feel sorry that the maxima owner had damage done to his car that was not expected nor deserved. And a feel bad for the motorcyle guy that he wasnt bright enough to overcome the temptation to speed and respect the speed limit. This my friends is what racetracks across america are for. fun, enjoyment and safety !
Old 04-05-2004, 08:30 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by chrgdRapa
89badmaxse , you rested your case many times now..

usmanasif , being a martial arts teacher/assistant/tutor, you should be the one to know that you cant change people's point of view for life, this is why we have people from Texas creating express lanes for Execution, with only one point of view on life... if you know what I mean. the whole "If you kill/hurt someone, you must get hurt too" bull$#!t.

89badmaxse , life is priceless, a car isnt. the biker didnt deserve to get hurt or die just so he can learn a lesson. we learn lessons every day in this life, that doesnt mean we have to get hurt or paralyzed everytime we learn someting from out mistakes.

everything happens for a reason, so just let it be and 'enjoy' the ride.

I definitely agree with you. Everything happens for a reason sooner or later that reason will show up. I do feel for the guy on the bike and the guy with the broken max. Prayers for both you guys.

As they say "live and learn...then get luvs"

Much love
Old 04-05-2004, 09:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Well, this is a philosophical discussion.

I'd say **** the car, the most important thing is noone got killed.
Old 04-06-2004, 07:26 AM

well guys if any of you are intrested in the car just give me a call i haven't taken the motor out or anythink this car should be a good parts.... car brand new clutch, brand new front calipers willing to sell parts or the entire car i'll post the pics either today or tomorrow
Old 04-06-2004, 10:09 AM

sorry your ride got trashed, dude-

I'm thankful that you're okay and that no one was hurt. You can get another Max, but we can't get another you. Later