3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Wish me good luck , I'm bringing me another Maxima home.

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2004, 06:43 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Wish me good luck , I'm bringing me another Maxima home.

I think , I'm lucky at this point 'cuz I've won a bid that has this low price. Check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:US:6

Old 04-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GReDdyXMaXiMa
I think , I'm lucky at this point 'cuz I've won a bid that has this low price. Check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:US:6
Looks good man! Some work to do... You are in Boston??? I'm just south of boston...if you need a hand give me a holler..

Brian
Old 04-21-2004, 08:22 PM

wow that's cheap! were you able to test it before-hand? got lots of work to be done on it...interior (not feeling the color at all) and a lil body work but all in all, it's a good find.

and THAT, Ladies and Gents, is the reason why people shouldn't post ebay auctions on the org...so people can make these finds and win them without having some j-a$$ bump the bid up unnecessarily

QUOTE=GReDdyXMaXiMa]I think , I'm lucky at this point 'cuz I've won a bid that has this low price. Check it out http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...ME:B:EOAB:US:6[/QUOTE]
Old 04-21-2004, 08:26 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Yup , It'll be my first time to get VQ engine cuz I have another maxima which that is VE. There is only little minor that need to be fix like muffler and brakes pad but I'll do more than that. I'll give you a holler if the problem appears or so.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:33 PM

Eh? That has a VE, not a VQ...good find though...
Old 04-21-2004, 08:39 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

No I haven't got a chance to test the car but I am pretty sure they are in good shape and from what I see on the picture. I know the color and leather seat doesn't look that great. One more thing , I'm going there tomorrow and see how it runs etc like that and will keep ya guys posted.

Old 04-21-2004, 08:43 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

VE? It looks like VQ cuz The picture is showing automatic shift? Hmm......

Old 04-21-2004, 08:48 PM

The VE came in both A/T and M/T flavors.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:30 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

VE? It looks like VQ cuz The picture is showing automatic shift? Hmm......
VQs start in the 4th gen. Which is 95 up. I dont see a picture on that auction that even shows a motor much less a VQ. The VE does look similar to a VQ though.

and yes VEs can come in auto. I have one myself.
Old 04-21-2004, 09:48 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Alright , I just checked on the VIN report check and it is actually VE DOHC. :-D

Old 04-21-2004, 09:49 PM

Alright , I just checked on the VIN report check and it is actually VE DOHC. :-D
All I can say is...DUH!

That post about the VQ made me laugh out REAL loud! It would be funny if Nissan started mating different engines exclusively with different trannies on the same model! I can only hope you didn't bid on thinking you were landing yourself a VQ. hehehehe!

Yeah, mine is a VE auto too.

Good find though!
Old 04-21-2004, 10:13 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

thats cheap
Old 04-21-2004, 10:19 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

For the whole time , I thought it was VQ but at least I am happy with everything what it comes with and a reasonable price. There is no way to reject the offer.

Old 04-22-2004, 05:46 AM
Way out West

You could part it out and easily get your money back -- especially if the motor and tranny are in good shape, but the car looks pretty decent as-is.

If you were to fix up the interior, fix the exhaust and brakes (things that were listed as messed up), the tranny shifts good and the VTCs don't clack too bad, you actually have a nice VE.

I might be able to help you get that console lid recovered. I know a guy that does them pretty cheap. Mine looked like that and he refinished it. I don't know if it's real leather, but it looks nice and only costs $25 (plus shipping both ways for you). Check my cardomain and I have pics of what mine looks like. He said he can get lots of different colors and I am sure he has something very close to that color, unless you want something custom, he can do that, too. PM me if you are interested.

chris
Old 04-22-2004, 05:52 AM

That is a great deal. What is the rim/tire combo on it?
Old 04-22-2004, 06:53 AM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Chris , It sound good deal and I don't mind doing it but I need to check it out to see how everything goes with the car first which I haven't check it cuz I am waiting on for the man to e-mail me or give me his phone number then I'll go from there.
Kyle ,I don't know what kind of brand the rims/tires are.

Old 04-22-2004, 07:00 AM

I would never buy from anyone who puts two sentences in a car auction, and fails to mention the reasons as to why the front bumper is coming off of the car.

But good luck anyway!
Old 04-22-2004, 07:12 AM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

It is not one of my big issues about the bumper. My first priority is the engine and tranny.
BTW, I can always get discount prices for the body parts where my friend works at.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:42 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Alright guys , today I went to the place to check out the car and it seems the muffler is in good condition then I checked out the brakes, it wasn't just the brake pad cuz I've put my foot on the brake pedal all the way to the floor and it wont stop. The car keeps on rolling so I had to use the emergency brakes and it works good. It made me to think it could be maybe the brake booster or the brake lines cuz there was some brake fluid leaking & coming out on the ground. Anyhoo, the engine runs real strong so is the tranny but sometimes the engine would go idle once a while so it might need a tune up. The front end needs to be fixed like a new bumper, hood and grill. The rims have some rust on it, some of 'em r thick but the tires have alot of thread left and it is 17 inch tires. The man wants 700 dollars for the car but I negotiated him to lower the price so it went down to 550 and I would like to hear some opinion from you guys if it's worth to buy the car.

Old 04-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Way out West

That's pretty lucky (and nice of the seller) for you. Since placing a bid on ebay is a binding contract, you are actually obligated to pay the full amount.

It's up to you and how bad you want the car. It sounds like the engine and tranny are good, so it would appear to me to be worth $550 in parts and stuff. Since I can't see the car in person, I couldn't tell you for sure.

Good luck
Old 04-23-2004, 03:59 PM

Looks good. Very nice deal! Congrats!
Old 04-23-2004, 07:05 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Thanks but I am worry about the brake system which it will cost me some money to fix it up. The fluid comes out of the brake line and thats why there is no power to stop.
Chris , I would like to have my seat refinished it cuz it is pretty torn up.

Old 04-24-2004, 05:09 PM

So you're going to part it? Very nice price.
Old 04-24-2004, 06:21 PM
Way out West

I don't know if it would be worth it to send the seats (covers) here. The shipping alone would be pretty spendy and I think the guy would charge as much as buying new ones from a company. You would probably be better off trying to find someone with decent leather in a wrecked car.

Initially, I was just talking about the arm rest. The guy I know is kind of renowned for motorcycle seats, so I asked him about my armrest. He said $25 and I I took it to him and it looks good. He does all kinds of upholstery, but unless you are going to be in Oregon soon, I would say just find something either near you or online.

As for your brakes, you could probably find someone with a parts car that has a complete brake system cheap. You should figure out if there is a cut in one of the brake lines or if your master cylinder is bad or what, then go from there.
Old 04-24-2004, 07:13 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Nope , I am not going to parting out.
It is okay about the leather seats but I'll try to find one around here. Anyways , I've done some job today like tune up and the brakes system. The master cylinder came out real bad. I went to junkyard n got the master cylinder so , it worked great but i need to bleed the brakes more.
I am having hard time to find the PVC filter and I already replaced ngk spark plug , air filter , fuel filter and changed oil but sometimes the idle is rough or low somtime when you put brakes on and the drive is on.
I don't know what it is , if u guys know what it is then I'll be more happy to hear from you.

I think , The car have aftermarket y-pipe but gotta to check it out more tomorrow morning.

Old 04-24-2004, 10:24 PM

I am glad it's worked out for you so far. I'd be really leary buying a car off of ebay without knowing how it runs or what's wrong with it. I'm suprised he moved on the price after the auction was over, I probably wouldn't have if I was selling, but good for you I don't know what the problem would be with the car but you should pull the ECU codes to see if anything comes up.
Old 04-25-2004, 03:24 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by rosamax
I am glad it's worked out for you so far. I'd be really leary buying a car off of ebay without knowing how it runs or what's wrong with it. I'm suprised he moved on the price after the auction was over, I probably wouldn't have if I was selling, but good for you I don't know what the problem would be with the car but you should pull the ECU codes to see if anything comes up.
I was kinda thinking that same thing. Pull the codes off the ECU, so you can see if there might be some other things that neither you nor the seller knew about.

But great find, nonetheless!
Old 04-25-2004, 03:45 AM

I wish my car came with a y-pipe and I'd take those wheels . Pretty sweet deal!
Old 04-25-2004, 05:08 AM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Okay If you think it is ecu and the ecu is located under the glove on the right side cuz I am not too quite familar with ecu nor what to do with ecu codes to reset ?

Old 04-25-2004, 08:09 AM
Way out West

It's probably not the ECU itself, they were telling you to check the codes.

The ECU is actually underneath the center stack behind the radio, except lower. There are panels on the driver side and passenger side. To check the codes, you need to take off the panel on the passenger side. You will see the ECU there.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:21 AM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Yeah , I just checked the ECU and there is no code # appear on the ecu. Do i have to unplug the ecu and reset it ? Sorry , I m trying my best as i can.