3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I need some help , What is it left for me to check ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2004, 06:15 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

I need some help , What is it left for me to check ?

hey there,
When I start up the car and it runs real smooth , of course much more horsepower and then when it gets warm which I am losing some horsepower and the engine start shaking. I've done everything to change what it needs to be replaced like sea foam, spark plugs , air filter , changed oil / filter, cleaned out TB , changed tranny fluid, pvc vavle , and egr vavle seems to be good. There is only one minor problem is that the rear mainfold exhaust is leaking. Do you think it may be coil packs or TBS ? what is it left for me to check up ? Any advance will be appreciated.

Old 05-10-2004, 06:20 PM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by GReDdyXMaXiMa
hey there,
When I start up the car and it runs real smooth , of course much more horsepower and then when it gets warm which I am losing some horsepower and the engine start shaking. I've done everything to change what it needs to be replaced like sea foam, spark plugs , air filter , changed oil / filter, cleaned out TB , changed tranny fluid, pvc vavle , and egr vavle seems to be good. There is only one minor problem is that the rear mainfold exhaust is leaking. Do you think it may be coil packs or TBS ? what is it left for me to check up ? Any advance will be appreciated.

Knock sensor.
Old 05-10-2004, 06:26 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Where does the knock sensor located at , Are you sure it might be knock sensor ?

If you have a picture to show , it will be helpful. Thanks.

Old 05-10-2004, 06:49 PM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by GReDdyXMaXiMa
Where does the knock sensor located at , Are you sure it might be knock sensor ?

If you have a picture to show , it will be helpful. Thanks.

The answer to both of your inquiries lies in the General Maintenance Reference Links sticky.
Old 05-11-2004, 01:28 PM
GReDdyXMaXiMa

Today I went to nissan dealership and had the mechanic to check out with the computer to see what was wrong with the car , the resluts is KNOCK SENSOR and o2s1. The nissan service parts want $164.08 for the knock sensor and the o2s1 cost at $137.43 also it need to add some gasket for mainfold intake. Isn't there any price that are much more cheaper than what the dealership want? Tomorrow will be a long day for me to remove the mainfold besides that isn't there anything else I should know to add up or whatsoever it need.

Old 05-11-2004, 01:53 PM
Way out West

Internetautomart is definitely going to beat those prices. I think NAPA would beat them, too.

The o2 sensor isn't that hard to replace (unless yours is really rusty) but the knock sensor, from what I understand, is pretty time consuming. Look through the stickies and all the info you need should be there.