3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

:mad: Annoying noise!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001, 04:32 AM

I have this really annoying noise coming from my front driver side wheel. ITs a weeek, weeek, weeek,(sounds just like that) type of noise thats pissing me off. I took a look at my brakes n all that good stuff up in there, and even brought it to a shop to have em inspected....No one knows what it is?????? If n e one knows what it is and had ever had this problem, let me know... *****ITS ANNOYING ME*****
Old 03-28-2001, 05:58 AM

wheel bearing maybe??

I'm by no means a mechanic, but we had a wheel bearing go bad on our 89 Accord and it sounded like what you're describing. It made the noise only when you were moving and intensified and got faster as you sped up (obviously). I'm not saying this is what is wrong with your car, but it sounds like the same problem we were having. Hope this helps.

Originally posted by lcali1
I have this really annoying noise coming from my front driver side wheel. ITs a weeek, weeek, weeek,(sounds just like that) type of noise thats pissing me off. I took a look at my brakes n all that good stuff up in there, and even brought it to a shop to have em inspected....No one knows what it is?????? If n e one knows what it is and had ever had this problem, let me know... *****ITS ANNOYING ME*****
Old 03-28-2001, 06:49 AM

Re: wheel bearing maybe??

Is there a way to check if it is the bearings /what 2 look 4 etc;
Old 03-28-2001, 07:46 AM
Pablo

Possible problem

ok, Lcali1, you said that the noise comes from your front driver wheel, also you checked your brake system and suspension and its ok,i have 90SE , and i heard sometimes that kind of noise but i didn't found it until i checks my drivers door,it was a little loose, so i fix the door and the problem its solved, , a simple way to check its open a little your door and advance some distance , then brake quick , if you don't hear the noise its definitely your door.

Old 03-29-2001, 07:09 AM

Re: Re: wheel bearing maybe??

Is there a way to check if it is the bearings /what 2 look 4 etc;
I'm not sure about that one man.......sorry! When we had a wheel bearing go bad we just took it into the shop and they told us that's what it was immediately. All I know is that the noise happened anytime you were moving, and got worse as you sped up. Sorry i'm not much help, I just wanted to share my past experience with you in hope that it might solve your problem. You may want to ask around and see what you can do to check for them being bad. I'm sure some shops around your area could tell you whether or not it's your wheel bearings without charging you anything (until they fix the problem of course!). Good luck with it!
Old 12-03-2001, 11:36 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Driver Side Wheel Noise

I have this really annoying noise coming from my front driver side wheel. ITs a weeek, weeek, weeek,(sounds just like that) type of noise thats ****ing me off. I took a look at my brakes n all that good stuff up in there, and even brought it to a shop to have em inspected....No one knows what it is?????? If n e one knows what it is and had ever had this problem, let me know... *****ITS ANNOYING ME*****
I am right now in the SAME EXACT situation as you! How and what did you have to do to get rid of that noise. I have a 99 SE w/ 47K miles on it and this should NOT be happening.
The wierd part is that the noise is not consistent. When it happens (always after a car wash), noise just will not go when the car is moving. Sometimes, I can drive for 2-3 hours and no noise at all. Then all of a sudden, the noise is back and stays...
Old 12-03-2001, 12:20 PM

It would help if you could describe the situations where the noise occurs (coasting, braking, accelerating, cruising, etc.) If it happens when it rains, or it's cold or sunny or... well just more detail would help.
Old 12-03-2001, 01:36 PM

Wheel Noise Situations

Originally posted by Bman
It would help if you could describe the situations where the noise occurs (coasting, braking, accelerating, cruising, etc.) If it happens when it rains, or it's cold or sunny or... well just more detail would help.
First of all, it does not happen ALL the time. It seems like when the car has been running for 1/2 hour or more, the noise decides to kick in.

The wheel (ONLY the driver side front wheel) makes a "wheeen...squeeek" type noise. It is proportional to the speed of the vehicle. When slow, it is a longer "squeeeeeeek" and when fast, it is a quick "squeek...squeek...squeek...whin...whin...whin...s queek". It guaranteed happens when it rains or I go through puddle of water or after a car wash. During dry times, I have to drive the car a bit before the noise kicks in...