3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Seat belt no retraction ...???

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 06:41 PM

Seat belt no retraction ...???

Hi Every one...
I have a simple question. I have a 93 Maxima SE. The passenger seat belt is kind of loose. No retraction.. in there.
I have read some where Seat belts have life time warranty.

Did any one have similar problem and got it replace thru warranty?

Does warranty cover just labor or parts or both?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2004, 06:48 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

there is a lifetime warranty, I had my driver side seat belt motor and all replaced. Just be prepared to wait a while for the fix. Took them about 2hrs to fix mine, but all was free.
Old 09-29-2004, 01:08 PM

my drivers side will not got up and bottom won't unlock. So all i gotta do is take my maxima to a nissan dealer and they have to fix it free?
Old 09-29-2004, 03:45 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by MyMaxima29624
my drivers side will not got up and bottom won't unlock. So all i gotta do is take my maxima to a nissan dealer and they have to fix it free?

Only one way to find out
Old 09-29-2004, 03:48 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

The stealership!
Old 09-30-2004, 08:00 AM

well, I called the dealership in Anderson and they said Lifetime Warrenty or not It doesn't count since my car is an 1989. They Said only 1990-2005 have lifetime warrenties.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:03 AM

They tried to tell me that nothing taht old was worth it. I have a good car. I told them "If I get pulled over and they fine me because of "THE SEAT BELT LAW" I am going to tell them you wouldn't stand up to the Lifetime Warrenty and to talk to you since you say its not worth looking at because its 15 years old. "
Old 09-30-2004, 08:08 AM
SHIFT_PANTS

r u serious? I was positive that all 3rd gens had lifetime warrenty for seatbelt. Unless someone else can prove me wrong, sounds like they're bsing you. If it's covered by lifetime warrenty they are forced to replace the seatbelt whether they like it or not.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:22 AM

I found the Warrenty book in my trunk on page 12 it says: LIFETIME SEATBELT LIMITED WARRENTY
WHO IS THE WARRANTOR?
NISSAN warrents all parts of your 1989 NISSAN vehicle seat belt system supplied by NISSAN.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG
This warranty covers any NISSAN supplied seat belt or related component that fails to function properly during normal use for the useful life of the vehicle.Warranty repairs are free of charge for parts and labor.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
*Damage or failure due to misuse, alteration, accident or collision damage. (Proper use is outlined in your OWNERS MANUAL).
*Color fading, spotting, or other cosmetic items when seat belt is otherwise functioning properly.
*INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS LOSS OR USE OF THE VEHICLE,INCOVENIENCE OR COMMERCIAL LOSS>
OBTAINING WARRENTY SERVICE
You must take you vehicle to an authorized NISSAN dealer in the US or Canada during regular business hours at your expense to obtain warrenty service. The names and addresses of authorized NISSAN dealers are listed in telephone directories.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:25 AM
SHIFT_PANTS

I found the Warrenty book in my trunk on page 12 it says: LIFETIME SEATBELT LIMITED WARRENTY
WHO IS THE WARRANTOR?
NISSAN warrents all parts of your 1989 NISSAN vehicle seat belt system supplied by NISSAN.
WHAT IS COVERED AND FOR HOW LONG
This warranty covers any NISSAN supplied seat belt or related component that fails to function properly during normal use for the useful life of the vehicle.Warranty repairs are free of charge for parts and labor.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED
*Damage or failure due to misuse, alteration, accident or collision damage. (Proper use is outlined in your OWNERS MANUAL).
*Color fading, spotting, or other cosmetic items when seat belt is otherwise functioning properly.
*INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUCH AS LOSS OR USE OF THE VEHICLE,INCOVENIENCE OR COMMERCIAL LOSS>
OBTAINING WARRENTY SERVICE
You must take you vehicle to an authorized NISSAN dealer in the US or Canada during regular business hours at your expense to obtain warrenty service. The names and addresses of authorized NISSAN dealers are listed in telephone directories.

You have the power, may the force be with you...or force it on them
Old 09-30-2004, 08:30 AM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTHER WARRENTY TERMS AND STATE LAW RIGHTS
ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANT-ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WRITTEN WARRANTY.
Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequental damages, or limitations on how long an implied warrenty lasts, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. NISSAN does not authorize any person to create for it other warranty, obligation or liability in connection with this vehicle.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 09-30-2004, 08:34 AM

I may not have an OWNERS MANUAL, but it doesn't take a genious to know how to properly use a seat belt. Tuesday (my day off) I am going to take my car up there and make them look at the LIFETIME SEAT BELT LIMITED WARRANTY on page 12
Old 09-30-2004, 08:36 AM
SHIFT_PANTS

I may not have an OWNERS MANUAL, but it doesn't take a genious to know how to properly use a seat belt. Tuesday (my day off) I am going to take my car up there and make them look at the LIFETIME SEAT BELT LIMITED WARRANTY on page 12

I was fortunate that I didn't have to go through this, but good luck and hopefully they will just admit it and do the job. Juss do yo thang
Old 09-30-2004, 08:37 AM

I don't believe dealerships take women seriously
Old 09-30-2004, 08:43 AM
SHIFT_PANTS

I don't believe dealerships take women seriously

Pleasant surprise, it's very nice to have a lady in the org. Hopefully you can convince more to follow and even things out a bit.

But again good luck in your case, march in there and raise hell
Old 09-30-2004, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Maxmus_X
Pleasant surprise, it's very nice to have a lady in the org. Hopefully you can convince more to follow and even things out a bit.

But again good luck in your case, march in there and raise hell
Thank You. I am going go down there and
Old 10-18-2004, 10:13 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Any luck? I have the same problem. If they tell me no I guess I'll just replace the control unit on my own. It's not that hard to get to, just take out the glove box and it's right there above it, a silver box.
Old 10-18-2004, 02:56 PM
Way out West

I had the same kind of headache with my dealership. My seatbelt is frayed pretty badly. I called them a few months ago and they told me that fraying was "wear and tear" and not covered under the lifetime warranty. I was going to just get new ones and do it myself, when I found the warranty book. It doesn't say anything about "wear and tear" in there, just that they are warrantied against everything except "cosmetic" items and misuse, alteration, accident or collision damage.

I brought the book in with me and complained. I had to go up the ladder of guys in the service department, but the decided to fix it under warranty. I am supposed to get a call this week when the parts come in.

Most definitely if any part of your seatbelts are damaged, go raise hell and get them fixed. Also, when I was there, they have a book that specifically points out that all 1989 and up Nissans have this lifetime warranty. I looked at the book right there in the service department.
Old 10-18-2004, 04:20 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
I had the same kind of headache with my dealership. My seatbelt is frayed pretty badly. I called them a few months ago and they told me that fraying was "wear and tear" and not covered under the lifetime warranty. I was going to just get new ones and do it myself, when I found the warranty book. It doesn't say anything about "wear and tear" in there, just that they are warrantied against everything except "cosmetic" items and misuse, alteration, accident or collision damage.

I brought the book in with me and complained. I had to go up the ladder of guys in the service department, but the decided to fix it under warranty. I am supposed to get a call this week when the parts come in.

Most definitely if any part of your seatbelts are damaged, go raise hell and get them fixed. Also, when I was there, they have a book that specifically points out that all 1989 and up Nissans have this lifetime warranty. I looked at the book right there in the service department.

Good for you, don't let them bs you guys on this stuff.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:42 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Woohoo, raising hell works!! They're going to replace it and refund my money from the last time I brought it in. Only had to call twice, actually go down there and get the service manager involved, whew...
Old 10-19-2004, 07:03 PM

My motorized seat belt still works in the respecto f going back and forth, but its not tight againstthe body, and never locks and holds me in. Is this a common problem?
Old 10-19-2004, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by Grizbone
My motorized seat belt still works in the respecto f going back and forth, but its not tight againstthe body, and never locks and holds me in. Is this a common problem?
I think its only suppost to lock when your slam on your brakes
Old 10-19-2004, 09:45 PM

mine grabs pretty hard when i take a corner a bit to fast ( can you take corners too fast?) but is kind of nice because it holds me in place a little better for cornering
Old 10-19-2004, 10:21 PM

Yeah, mine does none of that, it just flops in the wind.
Old 10-19-2004, 10:43 PM

Originally Posted by Maxmus_X
Pleasant surprise, it's very nice to have a lady in the org.

i'll just keep my mouth shut on that one
Old 10-20-2004, 07:21 AM

Ahahaha Good Call