3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

fight ticket in NY

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2001, 07:06 AM

i just got my first speeding ticket guys. damn, i think it was pretty unfair (dun we all). IT was just a regular easter Sunday and i was just going with the flow of traffic (around 80, who follows the limit anyway?) and this cop was like right there after the top of the hill. *sigh*, i got clocked at 87 he said. But i really doubt i was going that fast considering i have 2 passengers telling me i was going more like 80.
Well, i'm going to fight this one cuz that's like 4 points off (22 over limit). Since this is my first speeding ticket (1st of any traffic violation) wut are my chances of getting the penalty reduced? Any chance they won't deduct points? What can i say in court? Help me out dudes.

94' Black Maxima
Stock stock stock... :\
Old 04-16-2001, 08:59 AM

Originally posted by maxmonkey
i just got my first speeding ticket guys. damn, i think it was pretty unfair (dun we all). IT was just a regular easter Sunday and i was just going with the flow of traffic (around 80, who follows the limit anyway?) and this cop was like right there after the top of the hill. *sigh*, i got clocked at 87 he said. But i really doubt i was going that fast considering i have 2 passengers telling me i was going more like 80.
Well, i'm going to fight this one cuz that's like 4 points off (22 over limit). Since this is my first speeding ticket (1st of any traffic violation) wut are my chances of getting the penalty reduced? Any chance they won't deduct points? What can i say in court? Help me out dudes.

94' Black Maxima
Stock stock stock... :\

To be honest with u id have to say u have a very small chance of winning in court. I feel that the only chance u got of winning is if the cop doesnt show up. But next time u get pulled ova for speeding ask to see the radar gun. ITs u right as an american citizen to see the gun. Not only would have u have seen the real speed u were goin, but if u mention i wanna see the gun its my right sometimes there like u wanna what take it easy next time and drive slower.
Old 04-16-2001, 07:59 PM

i've heard....

Pay the ticket but pay like 5 bucks extra. They'll send u back a refund of the difference, the trick is not to cash the refund check. Your ticket is paid but not fully processed until u refund the check. So u dont get the points on ur license....i dont know ne one who tried it but have heard it and read it somewhere....good luck

Originally posted by GoLdEn MaX

To be honest with u id have to say u have a very small chance of winning in court. I feel that the only chance u got of winning is if the cop doesnt show up. But next time u get pulled ova for speeding ask to see the radar gun. ITs u right as an american citizen to see the gun. Not only would have u have seen the real speed u were goin, but if u mention i wanna see the gun its my right sometimes there like u wanna what take it easy next time and drive slower.
Old 04-16-2001, 08:34 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

then the cop may think you're giving him a hard time. see if you can plea it down. if you do end up in court be rdy to defend yourself. u need to show doubt with the officer so maybe get a few questions rdy. if u didn't give the cop a hard time then there's a good chance he will forget minor details. good luck.

Originally posted by GoLdEn MaX

Old 04-16-2001, 08:38 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: i've heard....

that's a rumor...or it did work but the DMV got smart. when they send u the check and u don't cash it after like 60 or 90 days they void the check out and close your case. then you get the points. the extra $ goes to a state account for unclaimed funds and if you want it you can claim it.

Originally posted by bklyngirl89
Pay the ticket but pay like 5 bucks extra. They'll send u back a refund of the difference, the trick is not to cash the refund check. Your ticket is paid but not fully processed until u refund the check. So u dont get the points on ur license....i dont know ne one who tried it but have heard it and read it somewhere....good luck