General Maxima Discussion This a general area for Maxima discussions for all years. For more specific questions, visit one of the generation-specific forums.

Proof that there are still some decent NYPD out there-->

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2000, 08:29 AM
JimW

last night at about 8ish, I went for a spin after dropping off the fiance`.
I turned a corner and was next to a guy in a 99 SE 5 spd.
I pulled from a light and he is trying to keep up with me. He couldn't and I merge into his lane and continue on. He's now behind me and he's being a real pain in the ***, flying up to my bumper and flashing his lights. He really looks like he's having some "road rage" back there. He comes flying up to my bumper and slams on the brakes. I'm thinking "What an a-hole" and as soon as I get some clear space, I punch it. The Max follows, and as I go round an S-curve, he backs out. Then he comes flying up again, just as he is about to pull behind me, I see the flashing red and take down lights. An unmarked patrol car pulls from the curb and gets behind me, cutting off the Maxima. I immediately blink my hazards at the cop, then signal and pull to the curb. The Maxima goes wailing past, WOT.
I roll the windows down (with tint, and out of state plates, I don't want to think there's anything to hide) and the two officers walk up to the car. The driver says to me, "may I see you license, registration and insurance card please". I say "sure", before I can say anything else he replies "In case you're wondering, I stopped you for reckless driving and imprudent speed" The passenger comes to the passenger side, holding his flashlight looking into the open window. Of all the cops to pull me over, I have to get pulled over by a chief or lieutenant or captain or something. He was wearing a White uniform shirt, with his plaque of rank shining bright. He had all types of badges on his plaque. I realize now that I am dead meat, with 1 6-point ticket and a court date to fight another, I'llbe walking for a long time.
The driver , holding my credentials in his hand says to me "Do you have some reason or emergency for driving like that, you appear to be in quite a hurry, sir" I replied to him, "I wasn't in a hurry, but that guy in the beige Maxima was being a nuisance, and was driving a bit aggressively, I wanted to get away from him so I left him in the turns" He replied "I see that, did he make any threatening gestures?" I said "No, but he never got next to me. We pulled away from a light, I changed lanes in front of him, and he started flashing his lights and racing up to my bumper, like he was going to hit me"
He then says to "wait here while I run your credentials" The two of them walk back to the car, and sit there for about 1 minute. They emerge again, and I'm actually happy because he wasn't in there long enough to write a ticket.
He's holding my license in his hands and says to me "You do realize that you already have 6 points on your license, and that it would behoove you to get another moving violation right now?" I reply "Yes, I know" He hands my my credentials and says "have a nice night, and slow down"

My only concern is why they pulled over the Big Blue Audi, instead of the Beige Maxima that was obviously tailgating me. Perhaps it was profiling, but they wouldn't have been able to tell my race from a car with dark tinted glass at night, moving at 50 mph. Perhaps they targeted my car because of what it was, an expensive out-of-state auto, that was moving rapidly past traffic with another car closely behind. Who knows, what I do know is that I didn't have to get away with a warning, and for that I'm grateful.

Old 11-06-2000, 09:15 AM

THe popo is defintely on a rampage in Queens >>

Franny Lou...was dead this past weekend. They had officers from the 107 sitting in that driveway to the teacher parking lot in St. Francis Prep. Plus, an unmarkerd dark grey Lumina has been prowling the area...from Northern all the way to Prep. There was little racing on Friday...none on Saturday. In fact, on Saturday...there was a police chopper circling the Waldbaum's parking lot. Finally a patrol supervisor (the guys in the white shirts) came and asked everyone to leave the lot.

Last weekend was ridiculous though...check out all the fresh rubber laid down on the strip...those kids had traffic backed up all the way down to the supermarket on the southernbound side of Franny Lou that time...
Old 11-06-2000, 09:19 AM

Did you ever think it could have been someone-->>

from Maxima.org??
Old 11-06-2000, 09:47 AM

Good thing that guy wasn't in a bad mood. Someone was watching you last night.

Old 11-06-2000, 01:43 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Anybody notice that maximas don't get the attention from cops. I used to get pulled oever like crazy in my Passat... I don't get bothered at all in my max... I guess I got more than just $10,000 in savings when I decided to get a max over an A4.... :-)