3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

do they make a header

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005 | 11:15 PM

do they make a header

ok guys do they make a header for us se dohc guys or what cause i sure as hell cant find one where i am lookin !!!and i am thinkin about doin gauges like a/f ratio and oil press and also volts how hard is that to wire up ?????
Old 01-03-2005 | 12:35 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

no
gauges are easy for me

I ported a set of stock headers back in highschool and bolted them to a friends VE (which we swapped my old engine and tranny into). Huge gains and that was with everything else stock. seemed to loose alittle low end sometimes. It was hard to tell with it being an auto, but oh man did it pull from about 2700rpm on.

I plan on beefing up my stockers then grinding the crap out of them on this car, if I ever get around to it that is (will be the same time I do VTC's and KS lol).
Old 01-03-2005 | 12:42 AM

how do u port the stock header with a dremel and how much do u port them dont forget bout my newbie stautus lol!!!!
Old 01-03-2005 | 12:51 AM

I dont even bother using a dremel for porting. Expensive bits, no torque and really slow. I use my air tools and an assortment of bits. I used a carbide tooth bit for the headers since steel is much harder than aluminum. How much? take a gander at the stockers and you will see
Old 01-03-2005 | 09:49 PM

but i heard pacesetter makes headers for the vg's....but then again i heard they really suck but i can't judge them because i dont have one
Old 01-03-2005 | 10:24 PM
blacks92seAuto

I would worry about getting a ypipe first, then everything behind that. If you have time and the tools. then while your doing that take the headers off and port the crap out of them....hell, It would be really nice to port TB-intake-lowerintake-heads-headers- with a nice free flowing exhaust. If you have the tools, you can do all of those for free I think....But it will take you time to do a good job and pulling stuff and putting it back.
Old 01-04-2005 | 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by 94_sin_city_max
but i heard pacesetter makes headers for the vg's....but then again i heard they really suck but i can't judge them because i dont have one
that is true, but these guys are talking about VE headers which aren't available
Old 01-04-2005 | 06:43 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
that is true, but these guys are talking about VE headers which aren't available
if they even made it for the VE...how many would actually get it? c'mon craig..look around...EVERYONE wants something. then when a company actually makes it NO ONE gets it...(ok maybe a handful). that's why the aftermarket is so weak for us. you all b1tch and moan that you want something...but no one had the $ to buy it when it's there.

yeah pacesetter is not the best in the business...but for under/around $300 bucks it's a pretty good price. sure you can have some better company make it...but are there anyone willing to pay $500+ for a higher quality piece?...probably not.

any of you VE boys consider getting the VG headers and see if they line up with the VE motors? cut the flanges off and weld on VE flanges. the space "should" be similar...food for thought. i guess at that point you can/would probably make your own header.
Old 01-04-2005 | 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
if they even made it for the VE...how many would actually get it? c'mon craig..look around...EVERYONE wants something. then when a company actually makes it NO ONE gets it...(ok maybe a handful). that's why the aftermarket is so weak for us. you all b1tch and moan that you want something...but no one had the $ to buy it when it's there.

yeah pacesetter is not the best in the business...but for under/around $300 bucks it's a pretty good price. sure you can have some better company make it...but are there anyone willing to pay $500+ for a higher quality piece?...probably not.

any of you VE boys consider getting the VG headers and see if they line up with the VE motors? cut the flanges off and weld on VE flanges. the space "should" be similar...food for thought. i guess at that point you can/would probably make your own header.
I'm not complaining at all. I'll be the first to admit that even if they did have headers for the VE, I wouldn't be getting them. I've never said I was looking for them. I was just trying to clear up the info for kevin so he didn't get the wrong idea.
Old 01-04-2005 | 07:01 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
I'm not complaining at all. I'll be the first to admit that even if they did have headers for the VE, I wouldn't be getting them. I've never said I was looking for them. I was just trying to clear up the info for kevin so he didn't get the wrong idea.
wasn't directed at you
Old 01-04-2005 | 07:17 AM

c'mon craig..look around...EVERYONE wants something. blah blah blah
wasn't directed at you

good idea about using the VG header though. I know the Y pipes aren't the same, but somewhat similar so you might be able to mod the Y with some cutting and welding.