3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

cefiro lights?? H I D's to use?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2005, 05:40 AM
Dysfunctional

cefiro lights?? H I D's to use?

hey guys,
i put some cefiro lights in... and i like emm alot.! BUT!!! i can't find out what kinda bulb's i should use if i go HID. i've redsearched it and came up with H3c bulbs for driveing and something else for the fog light they have in the front>> so i dont nkow what to do any help

and does anyone know where to get the A31 grille from i've looked every where and came up with no luck so yea any help would be awsome

Old 03-17-2005, 05:50 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

pics??.......
Old 03-17-2005, 06:20 AM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by Dysfunctional
hey guys,
i put some cefiro lights in... and i like emm alot.! BUT!!! i can't find out what kinda bulb's i should use if i go HID. i've redsearched it and came up with H3c bulbs for driveing and something else for the fog light they have in the front>> so i dont nkow what to do any help

and does anyone know where to get the A31 grille from i've looked every where and came up with no luck so yea any help would be awsome
You'll have to convert to H3. They are basically the same as H3c bulbs except the grounding point (very noticeable). I might do this when I get my SE. If you want we can get together and help with my install someday in the next few weeks. FOr the grill I think you should look for some aussie forums and see if someone could import one to you. I'm glad my cefiros came with the grill.

Here's a quick write-up to convert to H3 bulbs. http://www.neuralmotion.com/forum/tech/lights.htm
Old 03-17-2005, 06:23 AM
Im izz sexay

Here's a start for the grill.

http://jappartsdirect.co.uk/enquiry.html
Old 03-17-2005, 06:26 AM
Im izz sexay

Here's a nice aussie forum http://www.boostcruising.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
Old 03-17-2005, 10:14 PM
Dysfunctional

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
You'll have to convert to H3. They are basically the same as H3c bulbs except the grounding point (very noticeable). I might do this when I get my SE. If you want we can get together and help with my install someday in the next few weeks. FOr the grill I think you should look for some aussie forums and see if someone could import one to you. I'm glad my cefiros came with the grill.

Here's a quick write-up to convert to H3 bulbs. http://www.neuralmotion.com/forum/tech/lights.htm

yeah ... ill help you put emm in. they took me like a day for each light. i drove around with one stock one and one cefiro one for two days until i had a day off of work.
mine arent perfect ... but they are in and look good and all wired up. i just need to get something to go on top of emm to make the gap not so big. other than that they are nice there is another kid from CT with emm he has a black max ... his look good too.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Dysfunctional

uhh .. bump!

so what HID kit should i get for these lights?

Old 03-22-2005, 09:02 AM
Im izz sexay

You can convert to h3. Everything is the same except for the grounding point. What I am going to do is place a metal ring where the bulb's base is at and connect that to the chassis of the car. I now have two grounding points for the bulbs if I decide to go back to H3c. Basically you can use H3 hid kits but you have to make you own ground. It shouldn't be hard at all.
Old 03-22-2005, 07:09 PM
Taking my Maxima to the Max!

pics, pics, pics....... I want to see some pics!
Old 04-09-2005, 06:59 AM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by mrkanda
pics, pics, pics....... I want to see some pics!
I just got a digi cam for free but I don't have a usb cable for it If I can find on then I'll post pics.

Here's a little discovery I found. I was taking apart a blown bulb to find out if I were going to convert to h3 instead of h3c then i noticed the bulb is actually a h1 bulb connected to a three prong base for a h4 bulb IIRC. I will post pics if I can find a USB cable for it.
Old 04-09-2005, 08:01 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
I just got a digi cam for free but I don't have a usb cable for it If I can find on then I'll post pics.

Here's a little discovery I found. I was taking apart a blown bulb to find out if I were going to convert to h3 instead of h3c then i noticed the bulb is actually a h1 bulb connected to a three prong base for a h4 bulb IIRC. I will post pics if I can find a USB cable for it.

instead of finding a usb cable just go get a card reader. They arent too expensive (I got a Lexar Jumpdrive trio for around $14...it reads my memory stick and sd card) and will be a lot easier than trying to find the correct USB cable.
Old 04-09-2005, 09:53 AM
Im izz sexay

Very much true. I have the drivers side in finally It took me about 1.5 hrs. I just have to do the wiring and see if I can fix the gap on the drivers side. It's offset by about an inch. It needs to be pushed in a little but I may just save it for another day because my knees are killing me. I'm just probably gonna mount it and fix the gap next week. This is my never ending headlight project. I'm gonna try and find a A31 front bumper and side markers this summer.
Old 04-09-2005, 11:46 AM
Dysfunctional

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/354468/2
here go check out my pics they're up
-Dys
PS ... they arent done yet ... but they are in and wired up. the spaceing isnt done yet B/C im taking them out today or tomorow b/c im swaping the engine. but ill make it work better ... they are in!

Old 04-09-2005, 12:20 PM

nice looking max you got. that gap is uber big..... good luck.

ps your carbon fiber hood is no good, ill take it off your hands for you, just mail it to me....Thanks.
Old 04-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Way out West

It looks like you have a long way to go, but at least the effort is there.

Please continue to post pics as you get the spacing and all of that figured out.

I recently got a 2001 Infiniti and now I wish I had HIDs in my Maxima
Old 04-09-2005, 01:14 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
It looks like you have a long way to go(
loooooooong way to go
Old 04-09-2005, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by Chris91SE
loooooooong way to go
especially since he doesnt even have a grille, yes he does.
Old 04-09-2005, 02:12 PM

http://www.j-garage.com/sale/typeR-kit/typeR-kit.htm

Try this place for a JDM grille.. e-mail them see if they can find one for u
Old 04-09-2005, 07:26 PM
Dysfunctional

i accually bought a new grille ... seeing if it fits? i hope so.

im waiting for it to be shipped.
well ill post pics of it when its here.

i also started ripping out my engine today ... so the lights are on hold till i get my new enigne in.
i got some pics i have to load up of me doing it.

some funny one's ill ammuse everyone with. well ill repost when i get the grille and the rubber to hold the lights up striaght.
well ill ttyl

Old 04-09-2005, 11:24 PM

wow... the gap looks uber huge on a white car! i didn't notice it on maxinct's max, but on a white one it sticks out like a sore thumb..
Old 04-11-2005, 11:23 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

You guys know that JDM headlights are going to have the absolutely wrong beam pattern for HID in the states right?

Since they drive on the left, their headlight flares are off to the left. Being as we drive on the right, the flares are going to be blinding oncoming traffic. I'm talking alot here. This isn't just "put HID's in a non HID housing" this is "put HID's in a non HID, Lefthand Flare housing".

Rest assured, you can have the flares cut the other direction so while they still would technically be not legal, at least the beam will illuminate the proper side of the road.

They look good though. I remember all the people a couple years ago who said it could never be done no matter what.
Old 04-11-2005, 11:12 PM
Dysfunctional

yeah,
but its SOOO funny when the on comming traffic flashes for you to turn ur highs off (when they think they are on) and then you turn on ur highs they freak out
i've had someone follow me and yell at me. then i freaked the F out and told him to shove it and to gaggle my weeeaner! then i said eat it :P and lite emm up and peiced

it was great!

Old 04-11-2005, 11:57 PM

.. what's the problem.. i see people importing second hand right hand drive R32 skylines here in vancouver and they right hand drive on left hand drive roads.

the popos aren't pulling their ***** over...
Old 04-12-2005, 04:09 AM
Im izz sexay

THe cutoff line isn't that bad I actually tested to see how bad it is and it's just as bad as regular hids on the street when its super dark. My mother didn't notice it at all she just told me they're much brighter than stock.

Dysfunctional did you take a look at the low beam bulbs. If you take the base off it'll be an H1 bulb connected to it. That surprised the crap out of me. I could just have a different year headlight or something but I was soo happy I didn't have to convert or find an H3c. I actually found this out on skylinesdownunder forums when I had pm'd a member about it.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:05 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Maxzilla91
.. what's the problem.. i see people importing second hand right hand drive R32 skylines here in vancouver and they right hand drive on left hand drive roads.

the popos aren't pulling their ***** over...
That's because 15 year old cars are exempt from those types of regulations in canada. (and R32's aren't HID equipped cars either)

It's not like I care that much, but speaking from repeated personal experience if you put HID in any housing that's not absolutely perfect it's only going to exaggerate the low points (poor aiming, poor cutoff, RHD flares, whatever)

Modern projectors/reflectors from asia/europe tend to have flares like I was talking about. This means that your cutoff line looks a lot like this ___/---/--- if it's from a LHD country like germany (good) or reverse of that if it's from a RHD country like Japan (bad).

The flares are designed to illuminate signs on the sides of the roads since the cutoff would be too sharp to catch them unless you were very close. If you're driving on the other side of the road, then these flares become not only useless to you, but they give oncoming traffic a nice dose of 3200 lumens of HID. If the cefiro cutoff is lacking flares of any type you should be fine; just aim them low and be mindful of your left/right alignment as well as up/down. Usually the alignment of projector-type low beams calls for your cutoff to be at 3 feet when parked 25 feet back from a wall on level ground.

It may also astound you, but it's not always about what you can get away with "without the popos pulling your **** over" it's about what you SHOULD do if you have the means to do things right. Do what you will, I'm just trying to add some sort of enlightenment to this.

By the way Ill Ridah, the lights look awesome and I want to see some more progress pics.
Old 04-12-2005, 10:22 AM
Dysfunctional

hey,
can you send me a pic plz
i dont know to much about bulbs. this is my first head light experience.

this is a question for: VG Ill ridah )) can i get pics of the headlight from urs so i can check out mine and see if they are the same
thanks

Old 04-12-2005, 11:38 AM
Im izz sexay

hey,
can you send me a pic plz
i dont know to much about bulbs. this is my first head light experience.

this is a question for: VG Ill ridah )) can i get pics of the headlight from urs so i can check out mine and see if they are the same
thanks
I'm getting a card reader today and I should be posting the pics later tonight.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:24 PM
Dysfunctional

... IM WAITING :/
i WANT PICS!!! :P

Old 04-13-2005, 06:13 AM
Im izz sexay

... IM WAITING :/
i WANT PICS!!! :P
I thought I was getting a reader last night (I had used my last few bucks to fill my tank $35) I could write a check. Hmm decisions decisions.