3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Please criticize my work......be gentle

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 PM

looks even beter than before
Old 07-04-2005, 01:58 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by AJsolid
That does look nicer... What gen did you get the smaller lettering from?

I got it from a 5th gen max on ebay.
Old 07-04-2005, 01:59 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by Will
I personally would keep my car as de-badged as possible for mystery and exclusivity, but your work is very unique, and if you feel good about it, stick with it!

I would like that too but then the trunk just gives it away, So I might as well do something for the front. If I could get some dough and have someone do the trunk, then that's a whole new story
Old 07-05-2005, 05:59 AM

Originally Posted by Will
I personally would keep my car as de-badged as possible for mystery and exclusivity, but your work is very unique, and if you feel good about it, stick with it!
mystery and exclusivity...........LOL thats great.
Old 07-05-2005, 06:00 AM

Originally Posted by Maxmus_X
I would like that too but then the trunk just gives it away, So I might as well do something for the front. If I could get some dough and have someone do the trunk, then that's a whole new story
what about the trunk? its just a sticker over top the back...just take it off if you want debadged look for "mystery" and "exclusivity"
Old 07-05-2005, 06:50 AM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
what about the trunk? its just a sticker over top the back...just take it off if you want debadged look for "mystery" and "exclusivity"

hmmmm.....
Old 07-06-2005, 02:09 PM
Dysfunctional

Just right or Just rice...

i dont like it

Old 07-06-2005, 02:14 PM
I'm needing a caw

I have to agree with Dysfunctional over here. Although not as harshly. haha. But one of the redeming things about the 3-gen, was the LACK of badging. Especially in the lat 80s-mid 90s when domestics seemed to put badges like "EFI" or "TPI" some similar crap. Like electronic fuel injection is some type of superduper accomplishment. "Ohhhhh it only injects fuel on the compression stroke!"
Old 07-06-2005, 06:14 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Hey Maxmus X, how did you attach the mesh to the front grill? I've got a medium at work I'm considering for the same application. I've seen some guys say they cut off the slats and reattached them to "box" the grill out, did you do anything like that? How does it do at speed, any deformation? Sorry for all the Q's just curious.
Old 07-06-2005, 06:54 PM

i like it when its to the side better imo. looks good
Old 07-06-2005, 07:19 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by CyMax
Hey Maxmus X, how did you attach the mesh to the front grill? I've got a medium at work I'm considering for the same application. I've seen some guys say they cut off the slats and reattached them to "box" the grill out, did you do anything like that? How does it do at speed, any deformation? Sorry for all the Q's just curious.

I guess I will reveal my "secret". The trick is, You HAVE to do it EXACTLY four day before a woman you know has a period. Than and only then can you attach the aluminum gutter guard to the grill and have it stay and look that way .

It stays on very well, no rattle or any movement, as if the mesh was the grill.

Another way is, Place the mesh on top of the grille, after you've removed it from the car, than get a marker of some sort and do an outline of the inside of the grill.

Cut the outline and becareful as the cuts made will cut you if you're not careful!

then just bend the mesh to give it a curve and just curve it to the grill.

then check to see if it fits if not more bending or cutting.

now the trick to making the lines invisible is either cut it or spray paint it black. Just paint the lines black and nothing else, if you have a black max than you can skip this ( ).

To hook up the mesh to the grill, you get this magical string that if placed in water, no man or FISH will see this. It is quite strong and makes the installation flawless. ( i'll let you guys figure this one out). Just pick certain spots that will hold the mesh to the grill and even it out.

And that's pretty much it, but the first way to do it is MUCH easier
Old 07-06-2005, 07:23 PM
SHIFT_PANTS

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
I have to agree with Dysfunctional over here. Although not as harshly. haha. But one of the redeming things about the 3-gen, was the LACK of badging. Especially in the lat 80s-mid 90s when domestics seemed to put badges like "EFI" or "TPI" some similar crap. Like electronic fuel injection is some type of superduper accomplishment. "Ohhhhh it only injects fuel on the compression stroke!"

lol, I agree completely.

EFI = Even Faster Ingine

TPI = Turbo Power Ingine
Old 07-06-2005, 07:40 PM

I guess I will reveal my "secret". The trick is, You HAVE to do it EXACTLY four day before a woman you know has a period. Than and only then can you attach the aluminum gutter guard to the grill and have it stay and look that way .

Another way is, Place the mesh on top of the grille, after you've removed it from the car, than get a marker of some sort and do an outline of the inside of the grill.

Cut the outline and becareful as the cuts made will cut you if you're not careful!

then just bend the mesh to give it a curve and just curve it to the grill.

then check to see if it fits if not more bending or cutting.

now the trick to making the lines invisible is either cut it or spray paint it black. Just paint the lines black and nothing else, if you have a black max than you can skip this ( ).

To hook up the mesh to the grill, you get this magical string that if placed in water, no man or FISH will see this. It is quite strong and makes the installation flawless. ( i'll let you guys figure this one out). Just pick certain spots that will hold the mesh to the grill and even it out.

And that's pretty much it, but the first way to do it is MUCH easier
haha
Old 07-06-2005, 07:44 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

i think its tight