3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

recent fix

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2005, 08:08 AM

recent fix

so i'm going to share my most recent repair experience: just got my manifold studs changed at a nissan dealership. keep in mind this is not the easiest job in the world to do plus it can be very time consuming. most of the dearlerships around where i live wouldnt even touch it. they wanted to change the whole motor to fix the exhaust problem and their quotes were around 1500-3000. cash i dont have. so i called a shop in w.v. thati hadtaken the car to before and they quoted me 550 to change the studs. niceprice. so i ordered a warpspeed y-pipe and a new bosch o2 sensor (yes our maxima's are expensive). they only took 1 day to do the job. i had three broken studs on the front and three on the back but the changed all the studs. they even fixed a couple of little odds and ends that i hadnt even asked them to look into. also while i was there i mentioned the rust recall to them and they looked into it for me and found there yes there is a recall and gave me a place in pittsburgh to take the car to and gave me some recall numbers and even told me that the recall will not cost me a dime. oppps back to the exhaust. yeah my car runs like a million bucks. i have my low-end back now and it runs like the first day i got her. she just needs some cosmetic work now (FRONT END REPAIR) and some new struts and she will run like a billion bucks. the dealer ship i took the shop to was called: John Sisson Motors located in Wheeling W.V. #304-232-3250. for the amount of work that was needed and the price i had to pay to have a quite car again it was an excellent trade off.

Other things done to this max in thepast two years:
New 6 puck clutch, newer 5-speed transmission, both front cv joints, new ball joints, new nissan high-pressure hose (300 in parts and labor) new brakes all around (rotors and brake pads), 2 new calipers, new tires all around, new clutch hydrolics, brake master cylinder (yeah i love this car)

soon to come:
frame repair to front end (havereplacement front end just need the 300bucks to get it put on)
new struts all around (only the rears are bad but the tokico/eibach combo just sounds to hard to pass up)
after these i'm confident that this car will last me the next three years till i can finish school

last but not least my exhaust consist of a warpspeed y-pipe, stock cat, resonator removed and a dual tipped magnaflow muffler. it sounds sweet a deep grumble but it sounds real mellow. Man must be crazy for dumping this much cash into this car but im very confident my efforts will be rewarded
Old 08-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I am glad that you can fix what is wrong with your car and then upgrade later. When i had my maxima i never wanted to fix the mechanical problems i just wanted to add stuff to it.
Old 08-05-2005, 09:09 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by mtnbikeair
When i had my maxima i never wanted to fix the mechanical problems i just wanted to add stuff to it.

Hmmm...You think thats why the car is in the shape its in now....
Old 08-05-2005, 12:44 PM

yeah all i wanted to do at first was upgrade so now im forced to fix it but i try to upgrade it as i fix it. not a bad trade off but a little more expensive...
Old 08-08-2005, 12:23 AM

do u think you could tell me what those recall numbers for the rust were?
Old 08-09-2005, 01:47 PM

yeah give me a day i need to go home and grab them i'll update by friday