3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Automatic Seatbelts+Power Windows stopped working..

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 07:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Automatic Seatbelts+Power Windows stopped working..

I finally put everything back together last weekend after replacing my exhaust manifold studs. I put the battery back in, and fired up the car. Everything is fine, except for the automatic seatbelts and the power windows..THEY DONT WORK. I checked all fuses in the fuse box under steering wheel, and they are all good. I also checked (fuse 4) in "fusebox B next to battery"
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/5 (thanks wiking)
I swapped it with the same one from my 89 SE, and the still n windows or seatbelts. I know that the seatbelt is under warranty, but I really dont have time this semester to go to the dealership, and put up with them. Plus I wont get a loaner car, and they will prolly find some other problem, and I'll end up having to shell out a lot of $$. So I wanna get this fixed myself, Its prolly something small right??
Old 09-19-2005, 08:30 PM
mod or sell?

fusible link probably
Old 09-21-2005, 03:52 PM

how does a fusible link look and where is it located??? I went to the autoparts store and it was a long roll of wire..Is that a fusible link?? Is there any way to test it??
Old 09-21-2005, 05:40 PM
mod or sell?

that is one type of fusible link
Old 09-23-2005, 11:12 PM

Which fusible link do I check?? Do other fusible links look different. It really sucks driving a car with the windows stuck up, and I really dont wanna take it to the dealer. I called them, and the they were already giving me a hard time over the phone, saying that we would have to "inspect" it ($95) to see if it is covered by warranty... So it would be really helpful, and I would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. And yes I did search for about 1 hour.

InternetAutomart, could you shed some more light, a little addition to the one-liners would be well appreciated..and good luck with the VE5, looks like you are just giving the city some metal to recycle..lol..

I have checked fuse B4 in "fuse box B" in the middle of this page:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/5

I switched it with another fuse, and windows/seatbelts still dont work..I also checkd all the fuses under the steerting wheel..

thnx all
Old 09-24-2005, 01:08 AM

Originally Posted by aminus21
Which fusible link do I check?? ...
A fusible link by Nissan, may mean a fuse or a wire - quite misleading - according schematics in this application, u have already replaced it.

Really, theres no way to repair u car online. U must invest to a 10$ gauge, go and measure voltages goin from one spot to next... Just follow the schema. Your trouble spot is between the fusible link (if it receives +12V), and between the point where belt wiring separates... For that info, click 'Favorite Links'

On the next pic, notice how pwr supply to door electronics is separate from control via ign sw. Only with measurements u may differentiate the problem location...

This is page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/1 --->page 13
Old 09-29-2005, 05:59 PM

mine stopped working..

the drivers automatic wont go foward
and
drivers lap is locked
Old 09-29-2005, 06:02 PM

take it to the dealer michelle, its a lifetime warranty on it
Old 09-29-2005, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by tripleGmax
take it to the dealer michelle, its a lifetime warranty on it

thank you.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:31 PM

if they try to give you some line about its not covered, dont let it slide. i think its for 89 and up vehicles. but def. a lifetime warranty. some here have even gotten them replaced if the belts are frayed (is that how you spell it? looks funny)
Old 09-29-2005, 08:32 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by michelle25
thank you.

Some dealerships may give you crap about it because the cars age....If they do then throw a fit and ask to talk to the manager.....
Old 09-29-2005, 08:37 PM

wanna come to dealership with me...lol most dont take women serious anyway
Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

wanna come to dealership with me...lol most dont take women serious anyway

I,m there...
Old 09-29-2005, 08:41 PM

come on
Old 09-29-2005, 09:14 PM

come on
Where abouts is Anderson anyway?? My sister inlaw lives in SC some dang place . Her boyfriend is a "Good-ol-boy" mabye he could shake a stick at the twits at the dealership.
Old 09-29-2005, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by Wiking

This is page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/1 --->page 13

Wiking!!! Where do you get your wonderful diagrams from!?!?!?!?!?
Old 09-30-2005, 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by CyMax
Wiking!!! Where do you get your wonderful diagrams from!?!?!?!?!?
I go shoppin in phot o-shops

Repairin **** dwg's to fulfill cust req used to be my job.

Here is the better updated one, if u want bright leds via ign sw ctrl, that is.

click: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/748507/13

Old 09-30-2005, 06:12 AM

PROBLEM FIXED!!!
I used my voltmeter to check if I was getting power to the fusible link wire at the positive terminal of battery.. I was. Then I checked the other end of the fusible link wire..getiing 12 volts there too.
Then I went inside the car, and removed all the fuses AGAIN. They were all ok. Then I checked over there, and was getting power too. Then, as I was putting the ELECTRON BATT fuse back in (L13 in Wiking's diagram on his site), I saw electric currency on the electrodes of the fuse. It was pretty bright, so I made sure to hold the fuse from the very tip of the red plastic so I dont get electricuted. After this the power seatbelts and windows started working. Anyone know what was wrong??? Well now Im a happy camper, until what happend yesterday.. (you'll see another post today or tomorrow)...quarter panel)

And Michelle, if you do end up taking it to the dealer, dont let them give you anything. When I called my dealer over the phone, the guy was saying that they were gonna charge a $95 inspection fee too see if this is a problem related to the warranty. And if it is, then they will fix for free, and if not, I gots to pay.. So dont let them give that to you. Just say, that "my cars seatbelts are warrantied, and now they arent working, so fix them".. And if they are making fuss, maybe call Nissan Headquarters or something....other people here have better dealership techniques than me....
Old 09-30-2005, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by CyMax
Where abouts is Anderson anyway?? My sister inlaw lives in SC some dang place . Her boyfriend is a "Good-ol-boy" mabye he could shake a stick at the twits at the dealership.
upstate,near clemson
Old 09-30-2005, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by aminus21
And Michelle, if you do end up taking it to the dealer, dont let them give you anything. When I called my dealer over the phone, the guy was saying that they were gonna charge a $95 inspection fee too see if this is a problem related to the warranty. And if it is, then they will fix for free, and if not, I gots to pay.. So dont let them give that to you. Just say, that "my cars seatbelts are warrantied, and now they arent working, so fix them".. And if they are making fuss, maybe call Nissan Headquarters or something....other people here have better dealership techniques than me....
if you were closer id let you check mine....I still gotta see if i can get $90 more to get my insurance put back on it so i can drive it again...(battery went dead and it took me 3 months for my dad to check it so i dropped insurance incase it was something serious, but it was only battery....now i gotta come up with the rest on my insurance...plan to have it today, but my aunt never paid me for the work i did for her...so i gotta wait till next week)
Old 10-03-2005, 08:04 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Left headlight stopped working

For some reason my left headlight works sometimes and doesn't other times. I checked all the connections and fuses and all that. Anybody know what I should check next?
Old 10-03-2005, 08:18 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Filthy_Rich
For some reason my left headlight works sometimes and doesn't other times. I checked all the connections and fuses and all that. Anybody know what I should check next?

You need to get a new headlight switch....