3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I'm going to kill myself....FILESIZE WARNING.

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2006, 12:27 PM
Way out West

I would think you are best off parting your car out and trying to get money enough to get things straightened out. That car is going to be very expensive to fix, but there are still lots of good parts on it.

Once everything is OK legally, then maybe used what's left to start towards another Max, or some other car you want. You said you have a truck, so at least you have something to drive.

If you are bound and determined to keep it, maybe sell stuff that isn't necessary to fix the things that are. For example, sell your stereo, wheels, other mods in order to fix the suspension and quarter panel.

You are early in the process of fixing a mess. Don't get too worried about it. Things usually have a way of smoothing themselves out. Just take one step at a time.

Oh, if you do part it out, I might be interested in the stillen front lip if it isn't toast
Old 02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

suspension is fine, no problem.....flexpipe completely seperated on the exhaust.....and the tranny and oil pan both dented very nicely on the right corners. no major underneath damage except some frame scraping and my right stillen skirt is busted up good.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:35 PM

might part it out if i get enough requests for parts....unless awsm66 can help me good!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:04 PM

just fix the things that need to be fixed so the car is safe, who cares about body damage as of right now.... gget it fixed later and still drive the dam thing.. make sure y ou didnt crack the crossmember that your motor sits on too!! good luck with the max, and i hope everything goes well
Old 02-06-2006, 01:18 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by vansskaterfreek
just fix the things that need to be fixed so the car is safe, who cares about body damage as of right now.... gget it fixed later and still drive the dam thing.. make sure y ou didnt crack the crossmember that your motor sits on too!! good luck with the max, and i hope everything goes well
WERD!!
look at my maroon max. or the white VE5 I had
neither had frame damage, both are driveable (well the VE5 may be no longer, haven't heard from the guy who bought it in months)
Old 02-06-2006, 05:10 PM

Speed kills...consider yourself lucky!
Old 02-06-2006, 06:51 PM

by the way...never said i was speeding....was just driving like i normally do through there, just happened to slip off the road a bit, and couldnt correct in time due to the gravel...
Old 02-06-2006, 07:50 PM
STFU n00b!

Originally Posted by ustfdes
i have talked to the cops, they talked to me like i was the young punk i used to be back when i was 13, and acted like i KNEW i did wrong. hell i didnt know. i suffer from PTSD and when something freaks me out, i do things differently than innocent, unknowing civilians.....ive already fixed the damage i caused, and it is a START charge....i guy that owned the mailboxes is calling the dept today to try and fix this with me.... he was more worried about my car than his mailboxes.

AND YOU WANT TO BE A COP?
Uhhhh, not now man. you mention that to ANYONE in academy or on the force, and you will NEVER see the street as a cop.
If you black out and go apesh!t over something as simple as a minor car accident, I REALLY don't want to be around if you have a gun or are ever in a situation where one is pointed at you.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to take a long, hard look at what you've done in the last day and what you've said on here. IMO, you are NOT police officer material.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 PM
LvR

by the way...never said i was speeding....was just driving like i normally do through there, just happened to slip off the road a bit, and couldn't correct in time due to the gravel...
I was waiting to see when this was going to come up ...............

IMO that first scrape mark on the tar indicates no slip - there was obviously a lot of momentum in the direction of the mark - the angle relative to the road curve makes me wonder if you were either speeding or asleep .

That T-junction in the road must be about 150M from that first mark on the tar - at most - and with a speed limit of what - 60kph? ............... judging from the damage to the car and where its been in that short distance, I would have to say that if you "were just driving like i normally do through there" then its a wonder its not happened before.

Think about it a bit and see if what I say makes sense ................ and slow down - please ...................... if not for your own sake then for your mom's.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:10 PM

Looks like you had a bad day. My advice would be to part out the car. You can get a good chunk of change if you play your cards right.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
AND YOU WANT TO BE A COP?
Uhhhh, not now man. you mention that to ANYONE in academy or on the force, and you will NEVER see the street as a cop.
If you black out and go apesh!t over something as simple as a minor car accident, I REALLY don't want to be around if you have a gun or are ever in a situation where one is pointed at you.

I'm not trying to be rude, but you need to take a long, hard look at what you've done in the last day and what you've said on here. IMO, you are NOT police officer material.
Matt, Matt, Matt...you took my statement wrong. lol when i said do things differently. i meant it like, instead of STOPPING AND REPORTING IT. i went to THE NEAREST SAFE PLACE AND RECOUNTED THE EVENTS.

I'm not, never have been, and never will be violent. I suffer from a repressed form of PTSD....i get nervous and paranoid around people, i feel uncomfortable in different situations. and i feel no one understands me, at all.

It's not a dangerous form, so i apologize for the misunderstanding.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by LvR
I was waiting to see when this was going to come up ...............

IMO that first scrape mark on the tar indicates no slip - there was obviously a lot of momentum in the direction of the mark - the angle relative to the road curve makes me wonder if you were either speeding or asleep .

That T-junction in the road must be about 150M from that first mark on the tar - at most - and with a speed limit of what - 60kph? ............... judging from the damage to the car and where its been in that short distance, I would have to say that if you "were just driving like i normally do through there" then its a wonder its not happened before.

Think about it a bit and see if what I say makes sense ................ and slow down - please ...................... if not for your own sake then for your mom's.

you look down, you feel the drift, you look up, you correct...the rest is physics. that scrape would be in the direction of the momentum, but doesnt mean i didnt try to correct before the scrape occured, just means thats the direction i was going when it occured. i wasnt going all that much faster than the posted limit, just when i lost control, i tried to correct, and was unable to fast enough. i know i was able to miss that first mailbox.....which i could have almost sworn i was headed for. but, i was able to correct enough to NOT hit the tree head on....the tree actually brought me back on track, and helped me sling to the other side of the road, and AGAIN, i corrected enough to dodge a tree...and if you can see the marks in the mud, there was hardly a part where my wheels were sliding sideways....I.E. i was guiding it the whole time. luck didnt pull the second recovery off....maybe the first but not the second.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:01 PM

and matt....i didnt black out, i just kinda freaked out, and left. when i freak out i think safety, not hostility. i got MY A$$ back to safety, and fell asleep from the overload.

(MY A$$ back to safety, you may never understand.)

In Iraq, your vehicle gets hit, you get the fck out of the area that you were hit, you make sure everything is ok, then you investigate. i had a momentary lapse, i got back to safety, just didnt call it in...didnt think i had to considering i was planning on repairing the damage personally.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:03 PM

I'm not, never have been, and never will be violent. I suffer from a repressed form of PTSD....i get nervous and paranoid around people, i feel uncomfortable in different situations. and i feel no one understands me, at all.
so i take it you won't be attending any meets then

for the record, that's a pretty cool wreck.. yeah the outcome sucks but it probably looked neat..
Old 02-06-2006, 09:07 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I feel your pain...I wrecked my Jeep just before my birthday. No one's fault, just sh!tty roads. It wasn't my Max thankfully but I had bought it a month before and put a decent amount of repairs into it. It was a beater, but I lost all the money I paid for it and put into it. Not a total loss though, sold it to a guy for $100. I wish you luck in everything turning out OK, and just be thankful no one was hurt and you aren't going to jail. If you have the time and patience, I'm sure you can find another Max for cheap and swap over your parts. Good luck!
Old 02-06-2006, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
so i take it you won't be attending any meets then

for the record, that's a pretty cool wreck.. yeah the outcome sucks but it probably looked neat..

haha...yeah, im gonna ask the bank for their camera footage..............

but all in all, it probably looked cool, im glad no one was hurt, to include myself. and what are YOU TALKING ABOUT?

MY MAX SURVIVED A TREE, 2 MAILBOXES AND A 3 FOOT DEEP DITCH.....IM GONNA SHOW IT OFF jk...but im not missing meets....ill just show off my drivers side, just a little muddy with a fender ding. =

Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 PM
LvR

you look down, you feel the drift, you look up, you correct...the rest is physics. that scrape would be in the direction of the momentum, but doesnt mean i didnt try to correct before the scrape occured, just means thats the direction i was going when it occured.
All true I agree, but as a result "i wasnt going all that much faster than the posted limit" is an understatement therefore ................. no?

I will leave you in peace now - think about what I said.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by LvR
All true I agree, but as a result "i wasnt going all that much faster than the posted limit" is an understatement therefore ................. no?

I will leave you in peace now - think about what I said.
i understand what you said....i understand you and everyone elses concern on teh matter of speeding. but, as i've said, ive done faster in this area....only this tiem i happened to be going the AVERAGE speed of most drivers through the area. only i think i looked down for something and looked back up and it was too late. a mistake that could have been avoided by waiting until i got to the stop sign to look down.... oh well, **** happens.

like i said, i understand your statements fully, don't get me wrong on that. i realize that someone (to include myself) could have been seriously injured, and im glad that that wasn't the case. VERY glad. but in THIS case, only property was damaged, and it wasn't a result of MY beligerant(sp?) driving.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:15 AM

I can say from experience the judge will look at certain things such as: he did repay the owner of the mailbox(s) before he went to court, his driving record and/or criminal record ( or lack of), his age , is he in school, his attitude in court and yes even the way you dress. Small tip never go too fancy just what they would call a business casual i recommend and make sure to tuck in your shirt. The most important thing they will look at is were you under the influence of a drug and/or alcohol. If you were be glad your only getting fleeing the scene of a accident.

I had a DUI when i was 18 and although a DUI don't sound like much they are a REAL PAIN IN THE AZZ. But I'm older and wiser now.

More than likely if you haven't been in trouble before and and have a good driving record you can plea bargain it down to a driving infraction. OR you might talk to a lawyer if your REALLY worried about this interfering with becoming a cop about doing a deferred prosecution if possible in your state. What that is you do like a 1 or 2 year probation (usually unmonitored so you don't have to check in with any one) and as long as you don't get in trouble within that time they will drop the charge which means nobody could use it against you EVER but only you know yourself do you think you can stay out of trouble for that long... and all depending on the conditions traffic violations will count too .
Old 02-07-2006, 01:57 AM

We're actually looking for one of three things to happen, from best to worst.

Charge/Trial Dismissal, based on how i PROMPTLY, and PROFESSIONALLY paid restitution (repaired damage and apologized), and had such a clean record, and have outstanding military service with many awards/commendations.

Pre-Trial Diversion, which is where it is basically just dropped out of court due to the same above conditions.

or a "Nollie-ing (sp?)" where they basically throw it out, but will bring it back up and hit you double if it happens again.

upon following up with officers at the stations 3 times since the incident, I have decided that i can best respresent myself, and avoid a costly lawyer or an incompetent "court provided defense"...theyre saying i know more about this stuff than most of their people do....speaking in terms of knowledge of the topic.

When you come in dressed casually, and speak terms they hear only in court, it kind of impresses them. I know my angles, and i know my court terms and whatnot. been there, done that as a juvenile. Stupid kid, I was.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:03 AM

Thank you, thank you, muchas gracias to all those that mention speed.

I've been talking to a wall for his entire driving life. But you know, I'm just the "mom", who knows nothing. How many of you have realized your mother isn't quite as stupid as you first thought and might actually have something to say you should listen too? And how many of you have realized now, that you didn't quite know as much as you thought you did when you were younger? ;-)

Of course, he'll be pissed at this post, but as I told him the other day, if I had a crystal ball and knew I would die before he, and that his baby would arrive with a father, I wouldn't b*tch so much. And parents do realize most children's mistakes must be their own, no matter how much we try to advise. Fact of life, I guess...

Carry on...
Old 02-07-2006, 06:13 PM

blah blah, yeah yeah. I'm alive today, right, after a year in iraq...i'm not invincible, but **** happens. lets not make this wreck a huge deal amongst my family.....jeff... (just kidding!)

love my parents but im not a child.

thanks for the advice and criticism everyone.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 PM
STFU n00b!

you're always someone's child dude.. you were since the day you were born, and you will be until the day you die.

I remember several years ago a certain woman coming on here scared half out of her mind because someone in her family had totalled not one, but TWO of her dearly beloved Maximas in a short amount of time. I won't name names and I won't point fingers, but I would bet the guilty party is actively participating in this thread.

the history of those incidents and this one as well all tell me that speed was a large factor in this accident, and was in the others as well.

now here's my personal $0.02 on the PTSD stuff. take it with a grain of salt, but also understand I speak for the majority of the adults reading this thread.

I firmly believe that PTSD is nonesense made up by shrinks to cover up for people simply not handling situations like adults. getting nervous/scared/excited in a major situation is completely normal. how responsible and level-headed a person is will determine their next steps, not a chemical imbalance in their brain that causes them to shut down. If you're in Iraq and an IED goes off near you- or under your vehicle as in my cousin's case, blowing off both your legs below the knee- THEN you should retreat to safety and investigate the situation afterward.

You KNEW you weren't having IEDs go off near you.. you KNEW you weren't being shot at. you KNEW it was a mailbox that you hit due to your actions behind the wheel. you had zero reason to fear for your life and 'retreat to safety' as you put it. A responsible adult that is willing to own up to his mistakes and take responsibility for his actions would have immediately stopped the car, checked the damages to both property and vehicle, then found the owner of such property and explained what happened.

so you took a corner too fast... oops. we've all done it. I almost rolled my truck several times when I was younger. I didn't grow up and slow down on the street until I was about 23 and had a list of tickets longer than my arm.. finally I figured out what a race track was and get my jollies off while I'm out there. the difference between you and me is that you ran from the situation. I stopped, apologized to the old man for running over his mailbox, left him my contact information and told him I would be back in the morning to fix the damages.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:50 PM
LvR

blah blah, yeah yeah. I'm alive today, right, after a year in iraq...i'm not invincible, but **** happens. lets not make this wreck a huge deal amongst my family.....jeff... (just kidding!)

love my parents but im not a child.

thanks for the advice and criticism everyone.
Indeed - **** happens ................. piles and piles and piles of it are still going to come your way in life - but - refusing a shovel because you think you like the taste always makes one appear childlike.

Dont know what your hangup with Iraq is though - you are not alone having come through such an ordeal (and even worse) ................... realize it has absolutely no bearing on what happened with you here
Old 02-08-2006, 04:18 AM
what can my max do for me

now here's my personal $0.02 on the PTSD stuff. take it with a grain of salt, but also understand I speak for the majority of the adults reading this thread.

I firmly believe that PTSD is nonesense made up by shrinks to cover up for people simply not handling situations like adults. getting nervous/scared/excited in a major situation is completely normal.
wow matt...u usually come across as a fairly inteligible person. i wouldn't be so quick to make the claim that u speak for the majority of adults when expressing ur unfortunate view of PTSD. i'm not certain how many hours u've spent in a vet clinic or sex abuse clinic but there is such a thing called PTSD. it may be different than the hollywood perversion of the illness u see on tv but it most certainly a very real thing. it has absolutely nothing to do with being nervous, scared or excited. it has to do with trauma. these are events so far out of the mind's ability to cope. don't try to defend ur arguement through the events of ur cousins or friends or anyone other than urself. not everyone is equipped with the same abilities to handle trauma. next time u have a boeing fly through ur office on the eightieth something floor or watch ur girlfriend, mother, sister or wife get raped and killed infront of ur eyes or witness ur army buddy of 15 years get tortured and dismembered and not lose a night of sleep over any of such events, then u can come back and speak about ur misguided view.

without getting into a pissing match reminiscient of the wiking brake discussion, i will agree that we have very different views of PTSD. but unless u've taken a poll of some sort that i am unaware of (making the poll therefore invalid), u shouldn't purport to speak for the majority of the adults.

can anyone tell this is a serious topic for me (main subject for my thesis)?
Old 02-08-2006, 06:22 AM

so yeah are you thinking of parting any of the gneinge or tranny out of the car?
yeah
azn dan
Old 02-08-2006, 07:54 AM

PTSD is real IMO, however it is often misdiagnosed, and is treatable to an extent depending on the severity. An individual can have symptons, without actually having it . Using PTSD as an excuse for driving off is immature. How the hell do you expect to get into law enforcement having PTSD(assuming you have some degree of it). Law enforcement requires a steady hand and patience. You did something you shouldn't have, and you were caught; get a lawyer and enjoy.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:30 AM

im not saying PTSD caused me to leave the scene.....im just saying it might have been a factor in my decision not to stay. i know where i was and everything, but i felt no need to fix the problem at 530am. was gonna call the guy around noon or so. didnt think it was a big deal. THATS my thought. PTSD IS real, and it can be subtle or extreme....and it just affects the way you cope with things. like i said, i get nervous in public, or around FRIENDS......i get paranoid likeeveryones watching me, etc. etc.

parting out? i dont think so, not yet anyways. still driveable, and with this damage im actually thinking of redesigning some ofthe angles on the car....maybe vlaring the fenders up, instead of having them curve like the luxury curves on a maxima.

something like this (kinda)

you know, kinda give it a more stocky appearance. but NOT THIS EXTREME ;x
Old 02-08-2006, 10:31 AM

and btw......Matt, for your information. you have no idea what happened to me in iraq, and in NO way can you even begin to imagine how my mind works now that i am back. (no offense, but its the truth.)
Old 02-08-2006, 10:42 AM

and also, btw matt....speed WAS a factor in those other TWO incidents you're speaking of....one car i flipped ONCE at 75mph in a U curve....and the other one i flipped at 15mph around a blind curve because a mack truck was in the middle of the road and my only option was the woods.....take note, that last one was flipped TWICE at 15 mph. and did more damage than the flip at 75.

this time, i was doing maybne 5 over, which is nothing unusual for me, i just looked down for too long and didnt react in enough time to avoid the wreck. big deal, no one was hurt, and im glad. had myself or someone else been hurt, this would be different. dont challenge my explanation of this wreck, as i have no reason to lie about it....why would i have a reason? if i was going 80, i was going 80, i would say it, i told you my speed, i told yo uwhat happened, its the facts from the person who experienced it, and thats it. period. (no offense to anyone but cmon now.)
Old 02-08-2006, 10:43 AM
I'm needing a caw

PTSD? If it's a problem then:

1) Maybe you shouldn't apply for a job that allows you to carry a firearm?
2) Maybe you shouldn't be driving a 3200 lbs piece of equipment until you get it under control.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:47 AM

I remember several years ago a certain woman coming on here scared half out of her mind because someone in her family had totalled not one, but TWO of her dearly beloved Maximas in a short amount of time. I won't name names and I won't point fingers, but I would bet the guilty party is actively participating in this thread.
;-)

And while I do disagree with your opinion about PTSD, you made great points. Although I will add the caveat that I think PTSD is overly used as an excuse but I do believe it is very real. We do have numerous guys from our unit that are dealing with some not so good choices right now and I do believe their year in Iraq plays a part in that. Not immediately screaming PTSD but I do think it messes with your psyche and influences some decisions. And yes, they lost a member out of their immediate unit, 22 years old, only child, and we still have a 20 year old at the burn hospital in Texas (since August), with both legs removed and still in a very vicarious situation due to infections from over 60% of his body burned. The other two in the vehicle besides the one we lost, were also killed.

And not saying that I don't think PTSD didn't play a role in this, think it was just more of a freak out and making a bad decision. We all make bad decisions, the key is to learn from it.

J, did you read where he admitted he had a string of tickets by age 23, but now is wiser? ;-)

Criticism? Ah, don't be so sensitive and a little criticism never hurt anybody. As I told you about the cops, they do what they do because the next wreck, they don't want to find you dead on the side of the road. That is why we have cause and effect balances in place. And we need to realize we're trying to emphasis a little past car damage and it's the subject of life and death. A car is a car is a car. Life is life and death is death. And speeding causes way too many deaths, especially of young adults and teens. To me, the coolest person is the one driving down the road at a decent pace, not trying to impress anyone. And if you have cool cars, think about it, the slower you go, the more people that will see your car. :-)

And J wants to join the police force but his gift lies in graphics and music and vision but for the money he should go into network security. Or as I tell him, learn arabic, and you'll have the world at your feet and you can try to get a job intercepting terrorist activities!!!
Old 02-08-2006, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by Governor
Speed kills...consider yourself lucky!

Speed doesn't kill...its suddenly stopping that kills.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Jeff92se

2) Maybe you shouldn't be driving a 3200 lbs piece of equipment until you get it under control.
finally some words from the wise.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:41 PM

look on the bright side your ok and with a bit of banging pulling and painting here and ther the car will be good as new
Old 02-08-2006, 01:21 PM

following that logic then the general law enforcement, firefighting and emergency medicine population should be quiting their jobs....

once u educate urself on the topic, u will realize that u can't control it any more than u can control any other disease like alzheimer's, cancer or the flu. u only learn how to manage it and treat it's symptoms.

and i think it was made abundantly clear that the ilness did not cause the accident but it may have influenced his behavior after the fact. this is generally the case of a vast majority of motor vehicle accidents involving pedestrians (especially young children and animals). people freak out and the overwhelming stress response in the amygdila tells them to take of. i'm not saying that all those people then have PTSD but rather that his response was not all the uncommon. many hit and runs happen this way
Old 02-08-2006, 01:31 PM
I'm needing a caw

I would not want him to have stress related response after arriving at a traumatic situation. ie.. one that might require a firearm.

Let's take your hit and run situation. Yes many people freak out and run and do odd things. But how many of these are in the law enforcement / medical emergency field?

Originally Posted by DaWifey's90
and i think it was made abundantly clear that the ilness did not cause the accident but it may have influenced his behavior after the fact. this is generally the case of a vast majority of motor vehicle accidents involving pedestrians (especially young children and animals). people freak out and the overwhelming stress response in the amygdila tells them to take of. i'm not saying that all those people then have PTSD but rather that his response was not all the uncommon. many hit and runs happen this way
Old 02-08-2006, 01:39 PM

Linking Cancer and the flu to PTSD and Alzheimer's is ignorant. Who would you rather have repond to a first degree burglary in your house with your kids...
A. A police officer suffering from Schizophrenia, even though he can't help it.
B. A police officer suffering from Alzheimer's, even though he can't help it.
C. A police officer suffering from PTSD, even though he can't help it.
D. A police officer suffering from cancer AND the FLU.

general law enforcement, firefighting and emergency medicine population all have PTSD?
No one was contestiong whether or not an indicidual can control it.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by nismosleeper
Linking Cancer and the flu to PTSD and Alzheimer's is ignorant.

general law enforcement, firefighting and emergency medicine population all have PTSD?
No one was contestiong whether or not an indicidual can control it.
who was linking? finish ur hooked on phonics tapes and learn how to read. the other diseases were called into play to illustrate how much diseases can be "controlled". no one thus far was linking anything. and again, it was never said that members of the aforementioned professions have ptsd. and yes the comment was made that ustfdes shouldn't be driving until he gets his ptsd under control.

do u actually understand the squiggles on the screen or can u just pick out the occassional word?

I would not want him to have stress related response after arriving at a traumatic situation. ie.. one that might require a firearm.

Let's take your hit and run situation. Yes many people freak out and run and do odd things. But how many of these are in the law enforcement / medical emergency field?

i actually wouldn't have a clue as to how many hit and runs are commited by those in the law enforcement / medical emergency field. i would imagine not much precisely because of the very focused training they undergo to deal with such circumstances. this is perhaps exactly why ustfdes should probably go through some police training. a small number of studies have shown their training to be very beneficial in creating a more "appropriate" stress response. the "talk therapy" (vs drug therapy) treatments for ptsd are very much related in foundation to such police training.
Old 02-08-2006, 02:42 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally Posted by DaWifey's90
who was linking? finish ur hooked on phonics tapes and learn how to read. the other diseases were called into play to illustrate how much diseases can be "controlled". no one thus far was linking anything. and again, it was never said that members of the aforementioned professions have ptsd. and yes the comment was made that ustfdes shouldn't be driving until he gets his ptsd under control.
But if you take an ailment such as cancer, having it/not having it doesn't directly affect one's emotional response to a stressfull situation like this one does. Especially with gun in hand

i actually wouldn't have a clue as to how many hit and runs are commited by those in the law enforcement / medical emergency field. i would imagine not much precisely because of the very focused training they undergo to deal with such circumstances. this is perhaps exactly why ustfdes should probably go through some police training. a small number of studies have shown their training to be very beneficial in creating a more "appropriate" stress response. the "talk therapy" (vs drug therapy) treatments for ptsd are very much related in foundation to such police training.
I personally don't think it's a good idea for people with predisposed stress illnesses that affect behavior function to work in jobs that often offers stressfull situations. Again, especially when there's a gun involved.
ie.. convicted child molester -> kindergarden teacher Arsonist -> fireman Fear of flying -> Airline pilot Fear of water -> Lifeguard etc, etc, etc.

Quick Reply: I'm going to kill myself....FILESIZE WARNING.