3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I'm going to kill myself....FILESIZE WARNING.

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2006, 03:18 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

I'm going to kill myself....FILESIZE WARNING.

ok, driving to hardees this morning, my right wheels slipped off the road of about a 2 inch drop, and onto gravel....the result was me trying to correct and get backo nteh road, but steering wasnt responding enough in the gravel...so i ended up taking out a set of mailboxes (3) with my passenger side fender and door. and shaving a tree with my rear passenger quarter panel....then i ended up overcrrecting after slamming the tree, and crossed to road to a mud filled DEEP ditch, and then corrected properly and got back on the road.

ill show you the pics and let you try to play the scenario out in your mind.

my trajectories..

the mailbox.

the ditch across the road with my trajectories.

more ditch.

and more ditch with exit track.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:21 PM

Just got love TN roads... nice going man still not as good as when I jumped my truck though.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:22 PM

and, for what everyone else wants to see of course.....i dont know what to do!!!!!! im so despaired....i love the car. but its pretty fked up.

just a shot of all of the damage.

the mirror and busted windshield.

stillen side skirt damage (worse than it looks)
Old 02-05-2006, 03:23 PM

fender.

quarter panel.

more quarter panel pics...

Old 02-05-2006, 03:24 PM

more rear damage.

AND FINALLY, THE ONLY THING WRONG WITH THIS SIDE IS THAT IT'S DIRTY..
Old 02-05-2006, 03:28 PM

little frame straightening there, new body body panels, and some paint... good as new. Opps, almost forgot you'll have to a new body kit. Push comes to shove, part it and find another one.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:29 PM
mod or sell?

ah man that's all easily fixed.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:30 PM

well, the good part is....i did this, and then i went home, was gonna call the guy around noon and tell him what happened and i was gonna fix the damage. (this happened at 6am.)

BUT anyways, im woken up at 12pm....cop in my face "do you drive a black maxima" "yes" did you hit a mailbox?" "yes..." "you're under arrest on charges of leaving the scene of an accident."

so he cuffed me, stuffed me in his car. and took me to the police station. took my fingerprints, information, and everything. then they booked me...PUT ME IN JAIL. my bail was $1500 and i had to get a bondsman and pay 187 to get out.

SO FAR, i have paid the guy or his mailbox, and all i gotta do for the bank is like rake the muddy spots up...big deal.

but i didnt think i needed to call the police over a mailbox, and plus, i was freaking out because i just wrecked my car, and a bunch of other stuff... i didnt think i did anything wrong, considering i was gonna reimburse the victimized parties, but now i am gonna have a Class 3 Misdemeanor on my fresly clean record. and since im trying to become a cop, this wont help.

what should i do about the cops and what should i do about the CAR?@!??!?!?!
Old 02-05-2006, 03:42 PM

You can grab a fender, rear light/mirror from the junkyard and put them on yourself. As far as the quarter panel. Some girl hit my last max somewhat like that on my quarter and it was $1200 for the repair plus paint. So figure price of those pieces plus paint for them and around 1200 for the quarter should get you a ballpark.
Old 02-05-2006, 03:53 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Where is Ashland TN?...I mean what part of TN is it. If you arent too far from me I have all the parts you would need to fix it (including the quarter panel) and for a reasonable fee will fix and paint it for you.

as far as the cops go if the people drop the charges you should be able to get it off your record...unless its an state or federal offense...then I guess you can talk to the judge and try to work things out. Be sure and explain everything and that you want to be an officer one day and that you jsut freaked out. I am sure they will work something out.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:05 PM

sorry to hear about all that man. good luck.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:10 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by awsm66
Where is Ashland TN?...I mean what part of TN is it. If you arent too far from me I have all the parts you would need to fix it (including the quarter panel) and for a reasonable fee will fix and paint it for you.

Old 02-05-2006, 04:13 PM

Dang man... I never realized he lived that close to my hometown Too bad I'm not bringing my Maxima down this year. I want to replace my timing belt before I make any long trips. Nice thing is, I just ordered my suspension and brakes Friday
Old 02-05-2006, 04:21 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

If you need some help i will be glad to help out....

I am just a few hours away....
Old 02-05-2006, 04:28 PM

1. It's not worth killing yourself over.
2. Could be a lil more careful.

The damage is bad, but not much work to repair. Awsm66 will hook you up. He's changed a rear qaurter panel before.

(if you ever wanted to do any major body mods, now is a good time)
Old 02-05-2006, 04:33 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94

yeah I was lazy and didnt want to look it up.

I just checked mapquest and Ashland City is 356 miles from Meridian. It says 5hrs. 24 min. drive time so its not as far as I thought. That distance is nothing to me since I drive a LOT but it may be too much for others.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by therealgoon9
Awsm66 will hook you up. He's changed a rear qaurter panel before.
3 times on a 3rd gen. One pass. and 2 drivers. Not real hard but time consuming.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:56 PM

damn that sucks man, best of luck with the repairs and the police

i guess the good news is that you're ok, and the car isn't wrapped around that tree.
Old 02-05-2006, 05:35 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

and just how did this happen?
Old 02-05-2006, 05:58 PM

his right wheels lost traction when they hit gravel.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:28 PM

looks like a pretty simple fix.... that sucks about your record dude..... just get it repainted and get new panels
Old 02-05-2006, 06:45 PM

There worst is the rear. Bang here bang there.youll be ok.
Old 02-05-2006, 06:50 PM
what can my max do for me

not to state the obvious or pour salt on ur wounds....but generally, if u destroy someone's property (no matter how benign it may seem to u), u should address it immediately with the property owner. just be glad they went to he police and didn't decide to "find u" themselves. remeber we live in a country where folks get killed if they don't merge lanes to someone else's liking.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Way out West

The biggest tragedy of all...

j/k

Glad that you aren't hurt and too bad about the car.

As for the criminal record part, you have been charged with a crime, but not convicted yet. Being arrested and charged, doesn't mean you are guilty. You still have a chance to get out of it.

Since you said you want to be in law enforcement, you should try to get a decent lawyer (court appointed ones suck) and have him/her talk to the prosecutor about dropping the charges, especially since you are fully willing to repair all of the damages. If you (and your lawyer) do enough sweet talking and apologizing, you might be able to get the charges dropped. If not, you might be able to plea bargain a deal where you fulfill an obligation (like pay restitution, be on probation for a while and do community service) and if you complete everything, they will dismiss the charges with prejudice (means they can't bring the case against you again). Then, you will not have a conviction on your record and you can also have your record expunged.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:21 PM

This is his mom...he finally crashed on the couch. Been a tough day for him. Did his civic duty last night by going to our local Lions Club Gala, and yes, he was smoozing, say him talking to the judge once and we just laughed at the table, but he needs to remember, he is OKAY, and no one else was hurt.

The guy who owns the apartments with the mailboxes was real nice, J has already paid him $200, that what he asked for, and he will contact the bank about raking out his wheel tracks tomorrow. Said the guy said his car was worse off than anything he did to his property and he would call the police station tomorrow to say he had already made restitution on the damages.

DID YOU SEE HOW WIDE THAT FIRST TREE WAS??? That the backend clipped? If he'd hit that head one, he would not be posting tonight. THAT'S what he needs to keep in mind, but he won't listen to his mother. :-) He missed the second tree by about three feet too. He's one lucky dude, I know he loves his car and was proud of it, but with age, will come the realization it's just a car, it can be replaced. He sells his motorcycle, he can buy another. :-)

Thank you all for the encouragement. He hasn't slept since Friday night so I'm hoping he'll sleep the night through, but he'll be here as soon as he wakes I'm sure for more moral support. You guys rock! You helped me three years ago when I had 2 '93's and that's still not forgotten!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by ustfdes

but i didnt think i needed to call the police over a mailbox,
Believe it or not a Mailbox is considered Federal Property as it is the reposit of Federally protected items (aka the Mail) It is a Felony to destroy, tamper, add or remove materials from another persons mailbox. Believe me the 2 hrs with the Postal Inspector and the FBI at age 16 was a learning experiance. DO NOT F_CK WITH THE MAIL. Sucks about the car, but really the damage isn't all that bad. Best'O Luck!!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:17 PM
Say Candyman 5 times

To begin with I was going to make a smart comment about Hardee's until I scroll down and saw the pics, ouch. Scroll down further and read about the police, damn that sucks.

Your biggest concern is your arrest. Regardless if charges are drop, if you paid for damages, bottom line is you're now in the system. Sorry to tell you, but since you're planning on being in the law enforcement this will have an effect on you.

I can't remember the exact terminology (I think it's called esponge) but you can have some arrest records sealed. Rather you do it yourself through the courts or you have an attorney do it you will need a judge approval to do so. Most judge don't like sealing records, so it's a crap shoot.

Now, just because you have a arrest record sealed doesn't mean a prospective employee can not see that you were arrested for something, they just can't see what it's for. Now if they want to see it, they have to file with the courts and a judge has to grant permission to open the file for them.

I'm sure most law enforcement will automatically disqualify an applicant once they see an arrest record. It's also probably dependant on the severity of the arrest, and being a 3rd class misdemeanor I'm sure it's up there in severity.

I've done some dum shiit in the past and yes I did spend a night in jail. Now I'm ban for life from a very public place and since I work in the public transportation industry what I did can and could have an effect on my future goals within my industry.

I know you feel burden about the arrest, but it's not the end of your life. Do what you have to do with the charge and everything else will fall into place. Sounds like you have an understanding mother/family so you'll have all the support you need.

Good luck
Mike

PS: Don't quote me on that sealing record stuff, I'm not 100% that's how it works
Old 02-05-2006, 11:39 PM
Go BUCKS!!!

I've never seen anyone have their mom post on any forum before.

Interesting.
Old 02-06-2006, 12:28 AM
Say Candyman 5 times

Originally Posted by SEmy2K2go
Interesting.
Interesting meaning

-good
-weird
-bad
-B/S
Old 02-06-2006, 04:10 AM

Interesting.
Should I have posted under my own name here? I've had it for three years.

So I do computing for a living, we both usually use the desktop in the living room, he went to sleep, he told me about some of the responses while I was watching a movie and when I sat down to read my email, the thread was up. Simple, I'm not all into his business, nor him mine, there's levels of privacy abound but maxima.org is a common interest. I read it when I had my two, and now he reads it now that he has is. In addition, one of the most important things in my life, is that he is alive and well...and happy. Plus I'm a "cool" mom, the heavy metal band he was in, always asks me to come to their shows and I sometimes too. All the kids, including his 14 year old sisters friends are welcome here and I can awake on any given day to find them camped all over. I think thats a good thing. :-)
Old 02-06-2006, 04:17 AM
Go BUCKS!!!

Originally Posted by CandiMan
Interesting meaning

-good
-weird
-bad
-B/S
Good. Nice to see parents keeping track of their kid's activities while on-line.

Should I have posted under my own name here? I've had it for three years.

So I do computing for a living, we both usually use the desktop in the living room, he went to sleep, he told me about some of the responses while I was watching a movie and when I sat down to read my email, the thread was up. Simple, I'm not all into his business, nor him mine, there's levels of privacy abound but maxima.org is a common interest. I read it when I had my two, and now he reads it now that he has is. In addition, one of the most important things in my life, is that he is alive and well...and happy. Plus I'm a "cool" mom, the heavy metal band he was in, always asks me to come to their shows and I sometimes too. All the kids, including his 14 year old sisters friends are welcome here and I can awake on any given day to find them camped all over. I think thats a good thing. :-)
Old 02-06-2006, 04:33 AM

Good. Nice to see parents keeping track of their kid's activities while on-line.
Is this better? My account.

He's 21, I don't keep track of his online activities for the sake of keeping track, but I am aware, but you better believe I read the 14 year old's "myspace" activities often...and she knows it too. As much as I love "myspace" and what it does and allows kids to do, explaining to my 14 year old about pixels and stuff and watching her as she changes her page to some neat stuff, in this world we live it...it is a scary thing. I'm thinking that was the "implied mommy checking up" behavior, and in this case, it is not that... he's interested in his car, and therefore I am interested in his car. :-)
Old 02-06-2006, 04:51 AM

well...i finally woke up...at 6:30...looked around and everyone was alive and awake. Hell,i thought it was 6:30 pm and i had only taken a couple hour nap. but, nope, it was 6:30 AM....was a long day. i dont have the money for a good lawyer as i've got a kid on the way, a 'wife' to please, a car to fix, etc. etc.

this just really sucks, only now that my baby is wrecked, i should quit being a nice driver eh? i should try street racing, running from cops, etc. etc. kinda like need for speed most wanted. would be fun.
yeah.
no, just kidding, im not like that, but i would like to get it all fixed....just dont have the money for that either, i owe 4900 on a credit card and 4500 for my truck. so im way behind now.
this is all real depressing, and no, i dont have any desire t ocommit suicide, im just real torn up right now.
Old 02-06-2006, 04:51 AM

and im not a kid da|\/|n!t.
Old 02-06-2006, 06:03 AM

I think this is the best thread I've been apart of. This is even knocked the Sentra Coilover thread down to #2.
Old 02-06-2006, 08:53 AM
STFU n00b!

.was a long day. i dont have the money for a good lawyer as i've got a kid on the way, a 'wife' to please, a car to fix, etc. etc.

this just really sucks, only now that my baby is wrecked, i should quit being a nice driver eh? i should try street racing, running from cops, etc. etc. kinda like need for speed most wanted. would be fun.
yeah.
no, just kidding, im not like that, but i would like to get it all fixed....just dont have the money for that either, i owe 4900 on a credit card and 4500 for my truck. so im way behind now.
this is all real depressing, and no, i dont have any desire t ocommit suicide, im just real torn up right now.

I hate to be a pisser man, but you NEED to get yourself a lawyer if you ever want to be a cop.
the only (well, two) mistakes you made here were: 1. driving too fast and wrecking the car.
2. not talking to the property owner immediately after it happening and telling him you were going to fix it.

If it were me, I would talk to the property owner and find out where the charges are coming from. If HE pressed the charges, then he can call the cops and drop the charges and all is done.
If the cops are charging you with it because you left the scene of an accident, then you need to talk to the cops and the judge (which it seems you've done that already).
as long as they understand why you did what you did and WERE going to report it/pay restitution, they will probably drop the case- just make sure that it is dropped from your record.

honestly, I don't see that being a big deal. job applications now only ask if you were convicted of a felony- not misdemeanors or if you were ever arrested. that's none of their business and legally you don't have to say squat about it. trying to be a police officer is a slightly different story, but I have several local friends that are cops in this town that had a lot of trouble when they were in high school. as long as the case is either dropped or you are found not guilty (i.e. get lawyer, fight case, have resitution paid and property fixed before the hearing), then it goes off your record and you never have to worry about it again.

as for the car, it's totalled. sorry man. don't bother trying to fix it.
I don't see anything on the front suspenion, but the right rear corner is bent. you will need parallel links, rear crossmember, possibly a frame pull, THEN the rear quarter panel, doors, fender, taillight, windshield, etc fixed. you're looking at about $4-5000 in damage. It's just not worth it to fix.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:20 AM

i dont have time to read this whole thread but i just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Did you not know that destroying a mailbox is a federal offense? I mean if youre going to be a cop dont you need to know laws? also they could have got your for reckless operation of a vehicle as you took at property and fled. be careful man.

as far as the car goes, forget about it right now, get this crap off your record (of course get a good lawyer) and worry about the car later (even though im gonna say its a goner)

all in all, im glad you are ok physically, just keep your head up and get that crap off your record.
Old 02-06-2006, 09:22 AM

i have talked to the cops, they talked to me like i was the young punk i used to be back when i was 13, and acted like i KNEW i did wrong. hell i didnt know. i suffer from PTSD and when something freaks me out, i do things differently than innocent, unknowing civilians.....ive already fixed the damage i caused, and it is a START charge....i guy that owned the mailboxes is calling the dept today to try and fix this with me.... he was more worried about my car than his mailboxes.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:31 AM

Get a lawyer if the guy can't straighten out the legal issue for you and then buy my red 92.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:54 AM

neither the bank or the guy with the mailboxes want me prosecuted....they say the damage to my car is enough punishment, and since ive already taken care of both 'victims', theyre both planning to call the police and ask that they remove my charges, as all the damage ive done has been corrected and no one was injured.
i dont know, im in the dumps man....little bit of post traumatic stress disorder. little bit of busted max disorder, and little bit of innocent man getting booked. (although, while getting booked, this girl in a cell, who wasnt bad looking, but she was saying....."im in here alone, a pretty empty cell, and im in for the weekend, so if you get put in a cell, tell them to put you in here with me, we can hang the blanket over the bars and have a little fun" haha....i was laughing about that.

anyways, im fine, the max is fcked, i would love awsm66 to help me out with this, but my money is short. so i guess we will talk.

Quick Reply: I'm going to kill myself....FILESIZE WARNING.