3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Question on installing the Digital Dash in a 93 GXE

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:38 PM

Question on installing the Digital Dash in a 93 GXE

I was thinking about installing the Digital Dash in my 93 GXE and I wanted to know if anybody knows if I need to make any modifications to the car to install the Digital Gauges. I know about all of the steps required to install the Heads-Up-Display, but do the gauges just plug right in or do I need to replace something or modify something to get them to work? I found some pictures of them turned on and working and I think they just look awesome when compared to the plain black gauges. Also, if anybody has any suggestions on where to get them other than eBay, I would like to know. I found a kit for sale on eBay but I would prefer to get them from an actual online store.
Old 11-29-2006, 04:59 AM
don't even worry about it

If you decide to go through with that, good luck is all I can say to you...it's not a simple plug and play type deal, you have to pretty much make your own wiring harness for it. Craigb's site has a writeup for it if you're daring enough to try. I didn't really like the standard black either, so I went for the SE cluster. That is plug and play, and looks oh so nice
Old 11-29-2006, 12:41 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Maxima9750
I was thinking about installing the Digital Dash in my 93 GXE and I wanted to know if anybody knows if I need to make any modifications to the car to install the Digital Gauges. I know about all of the steps required to install the Heads-Up-Display, but do the gauges just plug right in or do I need to replace something or modify something to get them to work? I found some pictures of them turned on and working and I think they just look awesome when compared to the plain black gauges. Also, if anybody has any suggestions on where to get them other than eBay, I would like to know. I found a kit for sale on eBay but I would prefer to get them from an actual online store.
Just keep visiting the local u-pull-its you'll find one
Old 11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Alex_V

I have a digital gauge cluster and HUD FS actually. no wiring though, but I might be able to score some, I need to look at this local junkyard my friend just found...

EDIT- noticed your in Chicago, Ill be moving there in a month as well. I can help you put it in then...but Im not sure whats all involved...I just was going to do the hud conversion.

~Alex