3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Huge Maxima Shopping Spree!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2001 | 09:09 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by Maximum5spd

One last time Im going to reply to you, I think ur the one thats talking out of your A@@.

VG30ET - $650 (Shipping - $150) = $800
Swap - $900 (includes timing belt change and water pump, shave flywheel and connect boost to my own ECU)
Now if you wanna spice it up, You can go 11-13lbs of boost with new clucth thats extra $600 (CenterForce stage 2 clucth), Reprogram ECU $250 (Best guy for it in Texas)
Thats about $2500eith little extras (lets say) OK whatever
extra else $3000 For $3000 i gurantee 13s in 1/4 miles. Can u think logically for once, Why in the hell would someone pay close to $5,0000 (thats what ur saying right?) For an engine swap and the engine is 12 yearls old. So lay off If you dont beilve me go there and find out (18th ave and benson Ave.) The only thing I dont understand is why you dont beilve me that I sell Car Stereo and Car Parts? Are you jealous whats the big deal here? I simply stated I can get them cheaper for you guys, I wasnt bragging that I sell them and Im a big shot, go buy used refirbished parts or stereo from a small shop, Im not telling you to buy from me, I have enough customers. Let me just make one exmaple, you know the Pioneer DEH-P7300 right? I wanna see you get it below $245. If you can get even $10 less Ill buy 1000 pieces from you the next day. And this way, youll have money for your own turbo. Deal!!!!
holy sheeitt..it's back to $3000 again?? damn the economy...u said before it was $2000 then $4000 then now $3000. did i even say a price? you're the one laying down different numbers on every post...not me.

the VG30DET now is $650 with $150 shipping = $800...previous post u said $700 with delivery
and u said labor is $900..so that's $1600..now it's $1700 and it's not complete.

i'm thinking logical here..your number are all over the place. your 1st point was that $700 for engine and $900 for labor and that's it. i said he'll need a tranny upgrade and etc. also tuning time and adjustments will be needed. your arguement err discussion doesn't hold water. look back at what u wrote. the numbers for every post is different.

i said that selling car audio for 3yrs got nothing to do with turbo here. u also claimed that you're a authorized dealer. i asked if you can put a group deal and you said no..can't deliver.

please don't give me BS prices...sure u can sell for that but u don't make a penny. where is you shop/store that u sell this stuff from? if you're not bragging then why did u say that you're an dealer for the companies and you can hook people up w/ parts for a good deal?

you can bet i'm going to see that shop.
do u think i'm goin to waste my time dumping $ into a 3rd gen to keep up with other cars on the road? please grow up. i don't even know why i bother w/ you. you said it yourself you have no idea what is involved and you're telling me that you're going to have a shop do it...but at the same time you're giving me all the numbers for all the parts you need.

listen bright boy...there's more to it then dropping a engine and pray that it starts up. u don't think you're going to lean out? u don't think you're going to need bigger injectors? no upgraded fuel pump? no tuning on dynos and etc? do u get all this stuff for free that the rest of the world doesn't?

the 1st time u get on the car it's going to blow...but we'll let u figure that out. i'm here to add a little reality to your dream. if you do get the turbo and it runs then more power to you. i don't need a turbo for my car because i'm not trying to play it off like i drive a R33.

i think again i wasted too much time on you already. you seem to know everything but yet go to the shop for everything.
Old 07-03-2001 | 09:14 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why o why

Than DanNY started jumping around and acting like a fool , like he knows everything. I never said I know alot thats why the mechanic is doing everything and NOT ME, And if you still dont beileve me the whole job is under 2K then what can I say. I really dont care. But once its done dont go asking me where and how.

i know a lot more than you. that's enough for me..
note the price is UNDER 2k now.

beat sorry i hacked this thread up.
Old 07-03-2001 | 09:14 PM

I think somebody needs a hug .... (j/k)
Old 07-03-2001 | 10:04 PM

Not kidding...

Originally posted by MadMaxBrent
I think somebody needs a hug .... (j/k)
Old 07-03-2001 | 10:24 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

As I remember I never said its easy. The argument was about the $$$$ (greens) not how easy or hard it is. I already bought the fuel pressure cost me $170. That was the first thing the guy told me to get before even saying anything about the swap, he said ull need a fuel regulator. But thats little things, and anyone should know. As well as the exhaust manifold and maybe change cams and rods, pistons. Once the engine is apart its not all that hard to do, but not easy. And I never said you have to do a Turbo that was my opinion, Than DanNY started jumping around and acting like a fool , like he knows everything. I never said I know alot thats why the mechanic is doing everything and NOT ME, And if you still dont beileve me the whole job is under 2K then what can I say. I really dont care. But once its done dont go asking me where and how.
You missed the point. Wow 170 bucks into the fuel system. you're forgetting upgraded pump, bigger injectors etc etc etc. You keep saying that's little things but guess what. It's those little things that are going to bite you in the ***. If you or your mechanic don't have it all together then like Dan said you are going to lean out. Then you can say bye bye to the 2k, 3k, 4k or whatever it's going to cost you. For that kind of money i'd rip a CRX beater out of the junkyard drop a b18c in that **** and slap the usual bolt ons on and have fun running at the track. BTW Dan knows his sh*t just so you know. Guess who people go to when they need a hand.

*here's your hug Dan *
Old 07-03-2001 | 10:49 PM

Heres my $.02

If you want a fast maxima then you really should consider selling yours and buying a 92-94 SE 5 sp. You could prob. find one in decent shape for $5-6K and sell yours for $3-4K. Thats $2K out of your pocket, and with $300 more in basic mods you are easily in the 14's, with $1000-1500 for more mods and NOS you are in the 13's, not to mention a newer car.

If you really like your car I understand but understand that your car will take too much money to make it fast. Ask 90% of the guys that have experimented with either VG-T swaps or other turbo's and they will share with you the heartache of blown engines and spending $4-5K to get their combo right. I am banking on that it can be done cheaper than that but I already am starting out with a fairly fast car that I am not trying to make go tons faster.

Objectively what do you value about your particular maxima that is better than another? Sentimental value is surprisingly easy to transfer. While I value my car and the project I am doing a lot, if I got a Z32TT I am sure that my sentiments would probably change fairly fast.
Old 07-03-2001 | 11:09 PM

YOU GUYS GOT IT ALL WRONG!!!

Originally posted by Czar
Heres my $.02

If you want a fast maxima then you really should consider selling yours and buying a 92-94 SE 5 sp. You could prob. find one in decent shape for $5-6K and sell yours for $3-4K. Thats $2K out of your pocket, and with $300 more in basic mods you are easily in the 14's, with $1000-1500 for more mods and NOS you are in the 13's, not to mention a newer car.

If you really like your car I understand but understand that your car will take too much money to make it fast. Ask 90% of the guys that have experimented with either VG-T swaps or other turbo's and they will share with you the heartache of blown engines and spending $4-5K to get their combo right. I am banking on that it can be done cheaper than that but I already am starting out with a fairly fast car that I am not trying to make go tons faster.

Objectively what do you value about your particular maxima that is better than another? Sentimental value is surprisingly easy to transfer. While I value my car and the project I am doing a lot, if I got a Z32TT I am sure that my sentiments would probably change fairly fast.

I dont intend for it to be fast....

I want it to look and handle sweet...

But since I had to put the injectors in, I wanted to know what else I could do to it in the meanwhile.

I really just intend to keep it stock but add the stillen kit, the rims and a nice suspension and exhaust. Later on, if it seems like I can... Ill do some FAST MODS...

I intent to keep the car for at LEAST 2 more years...
Old 07-03-2001 | 11:27 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Its a little late for me to get into this, but...

heres my $.02 on this whole thread, really short and sweet...

1. using a loan to mod a 10 year old car is plain stupid, if anything just take out enough to get it fixed and mod it with money you earn from working. just think when you're paying the loan back a few years from now and the trans goes, or the exhaust studs break or some other USUAL prob happens...yeah you'll have your body kit, your rims and all your other mods you bought on the loan, but your car will be broken AGAIN and no money to fix it cause you'll be paying the loan off! I can understand you wanting to get the maintenence issues taken care of, but spending the rest on mods is plain stupid to me, remember its a 10+ year old car...don't invest UNECESSARY major dollars into it, if anything do what most of us do, put a litle of each check towards mods, but a loan is WAAAAY to extreme! Blah, blah....in short if you get a loan get like $3k, get the repairs done, but throwing out a extra $4k(that you have to pay back) ALL AT ONCE on various mods to me is ridiculous.

2. as for the turbo issue, I have no real comment....but I just hope your $3000 turbo with [b]$200 engine management system[/u] lasts on 11+ psi.....I'm not hating just waiting for some results!
Old 07-03-2001 | 11:35 PM

The loan has not been done yet. I find out on Thursday.

I have an appointment at the Nissan dealer next Tuesday morning where I will get a total estimate of my cars conditions and what it would run me. As soon as that happens, I will post the list here on the board and maybe you guy can help me prioritize.

For sure though, I'm getting the body kit,rims and paint done anyway... If I'm gonna drive this car for the next 2 years... then let me do it in style man. As far as TURBO goes or anyother type of complex engine modification, I dont care much for...

If anything, a nice exhaust and suspension will keep me satisfied. I'll make sure to get the transmission cooler that was suggested to me the first time I posted here and I can't forget to do my brakes either...
Old 07-04-2001 | 12:22 AM

Re: Re: Re: Why o why

Originally posted by Chris91SE

Max5spd or whatever is making it seem like it's an easy swap and that's not the case. People around here have tried it and didn't have success. There are more things that needed to be upgraded before running boost. The first thing he is forgetting about is upgrading the fuel system. If that doesn't get done then poof the motor is gone. Case in point, my buddy upped the boost on his talon TSI and not enough fuel was getting into the motor (stock fuel system) and both the turbo and the motor blew. More info to come on this i'm sure from the ones that have gone through it.
Sounds like someone I know...
Old 07-04-2001 | 09:27 AM

How about...

How about no more on this Turbo untill it gets done. Then Ill tell you how much everything was and how exactly it wad done. And DanNY if you really pay attention to my threads I said my Turbo is 2K, I said you can modify up to 11-13lbs. with new clutch it will run you about 3K. And then I said if you really wanna go out for about 4K. That was exactly what I said. And when did I ever say I cant do a group deal? Did you fall asleep and woke up thinking that. I said who ever wants you can email me and will discuss this, go back to my threads and read carefully. And I never said I sell Pioneer for $245, I asked you if you can get them lower then that in your small shops like you claim you can get stuff for cheap price and sell them with a little mark up. Wheres the warranty Genius?
Old 07-04-2001 | 09:32 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

You're still missing the point. Are you ready what I am typing? How the hell are you going to run 11 to 13 psi on a stock fuel system, injectors bliggety blah blah blah? You still seem to think the swap is only going to cost you 2k and IF you want to raise the boost 3k etc. I'd like to see a run down of exactly what you are planning to do because is still doesn't seem like it's well thought out.
Old 07-04-2001 | 09:32 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by SkyMax

Sounds like someone I know...
Old 07-04-2001 | 09:45 AM

You're still missing the point. Are you ready what I am typing? How the hell are you going to run 11 to 13 psi on a stock fuel system, injectors bliggety blah blah blah? You still seem to think the swap is only going to cost you 2k and IF you want to raise the boost 3k etc. I'd like to see a run down of exactly what you are planning to do because is still doesn't seem like it's well thought out.
I think you misunderstood. It will be stock boost not 11-13. I will upgrade the Turbo later on.
Old 07-04-2001 | 09:54 AM

I think you misunderstood. It will be stock boost not 11-13. I will upgrade the Turbo later on.
Old 07-04-2001 | 09:57 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Even stock boost is enough to lean out. I did not misunderstand. I think you just have selective reading....
Old 07-04-2001 | 10:56 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

GIVE IT A REST....GEEZ!!

BJ (and don't take that personally.... I was just shortening up BeatJunky), I just want to add MY $0.02 in here, without getting into all the semantics of turbos and go-fast goodies. Here's what I'm grasping from this whole, en-TIRED issue:

1) you're 'possibly' getting a rather large loan soon
2) you have a '90 Max that you want to mod/upgrade
3) there are a number of mechanical/safety/esthetic issues
4) you're looking at recommendations/advice

Now that we've got the specifics, let's look at what you've got to work with:

-Bad Fuel Injectors
-Punctured Power Steering Pressure Hose
-Suspension is 95% Dead (Everything Related to Suspension)
-Brake System Needs Replenishment
-Need Tires/Rims
-Want New Exhaust
-Body Has Rust/Needs Paint
-Want to add Stillen Body Kit w/Low Wing

Now, monetarily, you realize (and I'm sure all of our fellow 'enthusiasts' have impressed this) this will be no small venture. I'd suggest that you probably handle the safety issues first. That, IMHO, would be brakes and suspension. Now, someone here (NYCe MaXiMa) made the BEST suggestion I've heard thus far. And that being, get a pro to give the suspension the 'once-over'. That way, you won't be pouring money down the crapper on one item, just to find out that it would've been better spent on something else.

Honestly, if you REALLY are dead-set on keeping the car, I wouldn't even go down the 'turbo, go-fast' road. It's not economical, and you'd really be better off getting the car mechanically sound first.

But this is just MY opinion. Overall, the decision lies with you on how you spend your money.

Yeah, it'd be easy for me to 'jump on the bandwagon' and say, "man, why you wanna spend that money on that old of a car, get another one", but just think of all those 'classic' car owners that wouldn't be owners, had someone came up to them and said that same thing, and they followed that advice.

Do what you gotta do, bro!
Old 07-05-2001 | 08:20 AM

Re: GIVE IT A REST....GEEZ!!

Originally posted by nubiannupe
BJ (and don't take that personally.... I was just shortening up BeatJunky), I just want to add MY $0.02 in here, without getting into all the semantics of turbos and go-fast goodies. Here's what I'm grasping from this whole, en-TIRED issue:

-Bad Fuel Injectors
-Need Tires/Rims
-Want New Exhaust

Now, monetarily, you realize (and I'm sure all of our fellow 'enthusiasts' have impressed this) this will be no small venture. I'd suggest that you probably handle the safety issues first. That, IMHO, would be brakes and suspension. Now, someone here (NYCe MaXiMa) made the BEST suggestion I've heard thus far. And that being, get a pro to give the suspension the 'once-over'. That way, you won't be pouring money down the crapper on one item, just to find out that it would've been better spent on something else.

Honestly, if you REALLY are dead-set on keeping the car, I wouldn't even go down the 'turbo, go-fast' road. It's not economical, and you'd really be better off getting the car mechanically sound first.

But this is just MY opinion. Overall, the decision lies with you on how you spend your money.

Yeah, it'd be easy for me to 'jump on the bandwagon' and say, "man, why you wanna spend that money on that old of a car, get another one", but just think of all those 'classic' car owners that wouldn't be owners, had someone came up to them and said that same thing, and they followed that advice.

Best f***ing advice so far...

BJ (and don't take that personally.... I was just shortening up BeatJunky)

ROFL!

BTW, I tried selling the car on eBay, but only got up to $2,025...
Old 07-05-2001 | 09:41 AM

Sorry Bro BUT...

If i could do it all over again. i would not have modded my maxxi. i drop soooo much damn money in to my car. i think i could retirer right now if i had all that money. i am NOT putting any more money into my car. Open your eyes small bear, as much as you love you car. (dont know how) but i guess you do. it is only worth $2,000 or if you are lucky $2,500. FACE IT MAN YOUR CAR IS OLD AND WORN OUT. had to put it to you lightly. how much did you get your car for?? dont get a body kit. if you do you are dumb. you body on your car is rusting and you need to get it paint. once you do all that the next day something is going to happen to it. i put my kit on then this spring some *** hit me. if you are not going to have a garage or atleast a non-rusting car. that runs and can stop. why the F*** are you thinking about putting rims and lowering (I.E. new susp) ???? damn man take our word for it. S*** man i have been through it. once you spend all of that hard earned money what do you have after that. THINK.........THINK SOME MORE THIS IS A TOUGH QUESTION.. yes you are right a old. kinda running, cant stop to well rusting out GXE, auto tranny that is going to go in a week or two, an body kit does not match or you had the intire car painted and some *** just keyed your car. DUDE you really have to get off your little cloud and stop the crack smoke. For once in your life think about the future.

But **** YOU STILL HAVE A MAXIMA (THAT YOU LOVE --- WAIT WAIT EVERYONE ON THE COUNT OF 3 SAY AHHHHHHH) AND A LOAN THE SIZE OF THE NATIONS DEBT. ITS YOUR CALL MY MAN, I AM JUST TRYING TO GET YOU TO THINK. GOOD LUCK CHIEF

Patrick
Old 07-05-2001 | 01:25 PM

Someone please explain

BeatJunky asked for some advice on modding his car. This is what the Maxima forum is supposed to be all about. Fine maybe some of you dont agree with spending as much money as he plans but thats is his privilege. He can do it if thats what he likes, he is entitled to do it without being called names or told that he is stupid for doing so.

I personally don't really havea strong opinion on what BeatJunky should do, but I know that when he posted he didnt want to be flamed for loving his car.

What kind of love is that? this guy deserves a little more respect than that. Don't mean to talk condescending but I mean he's not really standing up for himself and I'm sure you guys have heard it before if you ain't got something nice to say just don't say it.

Flame on if it makes anyone happy.

Dave
Old 07-05-2001 | 01:48 PM

7,000 on your max

If anyone can give you advice, I think I qualify!! I am 20 now, my granny signed for my car when I was 17..and I paid it off in two years @ 300 a mo. Its not that bad except insurance on the damn thing was 300 as well. To date... (I spend total 7,000 on car with interest, waranty from dealership, maintenence plan, ect. Since I have had my car I have;

--replaced lower arm bushings (275.00 job - has something to do with suspension)
--had trans rebuilt (1,100.00 job), replaced radiator (125.00 job)
--one window motor replaced (it was still on warranty)
--y pipe (150.00)
--struts (400.00 or so each time - ive replaced front twice now)
--brake job (i do front breaks. paid 60 to have back shoes replaced (big differ)
--replaced all motor mounts (there are four total)
--o2 sensor (65.00 job)
--replaced front strut mount
--replaced start (75.00)

my point i guess is... i understand the bond you have with your girl, I have the same and now all i need is a new muffler and alighment and my car is a CHAMP again. the payment sucks..but reward yourself by cleaning this ****hole up and taking a nice cruise =) you can always get nice deals!!! i shop off ebay a lot and cars.com - and do the work yourself..makes it even more of a 'my car;'experience - mind youyoull save half the cost!!!!
Old 07-05-2001 | 04:21 PM
OG and counting...

Re: GIVE IT A REST....GEEZ!!

-Bad Fuel Injectors
-Need Tires/Rims
-Want New Exhaust

I actually agree with nupe's suggestions. Take care of the major things first, then concentrate on further mods/tweaks.
I think the easiest thing for you to do instead of taking a loan out is doing one piece at a time (as funds allow).
Since you are looking for a place to do some of the work cheaply, why don't you give Ultimate Z a jingle? Kelly Nissan will charge me damn near $1000 for the timing belt/water pump change. Ultimate Z is charging me $500.

Let me give you a rundown of what has to be done to my '94.

a) Replace and Refinish Front Bumper - $300
b) Replace Ball Joints - $420*
c) Replace Struts - $500*
d) Timing Belt/Water Pump - $500-$900
e) Fuel line replacement - $450
f) Flex Tube Replacement - $100
g) Replace master window switch - $70
h) Replace 2 bent rims - $500*
i) Replace Tires and Alignment - $500*

None of what I quoted is including that lovely Chicago sales tax.

Note: Anything with an asterisk is what I am going after a municipality for due to a damn pothole.

I have not even begun to deal with the tweaks yet and that list is pretty extensive, dude. In fact, the cheapest mod in that list is the installation of my PIAA 1900X foglights for $70. The most expensive? Sounds and other electronics with wheels right behind that.
Old 07-05-2001 | 04:32 PM
Getting back to his roots

Simple Question

I was just wondering how long you have had the car?
Old 07-05-2001 | 05:03 PM

Re: Re: GIVE IT A REST....GEEZ!!

Originally posted by PrinzII

Let me give you a rundown of what has to be done to my '94.

a) Replace and Refinish Front Bumper - $300
b) Replace Ball Joints - $420*
c) Replace Struts - $500*
d) Timing Belt/Water Pump - $500-$900
e) Fuel line replacement - $450
f) Flex Tube Replacement - $100
g) Replace master window switch - $70
h) Replace 2 bent rims - $500*
i) Replace Tires and Alignment - $500*

Man thats expensive, I really hope youre not planning to pay those prices.
1) Changed water pump and timing - $350
2) 17" ADR with Nitto 455 - $500
3) Front Bumbper $200-250 at most
4) Struts and Springs with job - $550
5) alignmet - $45

Thats how much I paid for everything. I really hope ur not going to fix your car where they gave you those prices.
Old 07-05-2001 | 05:07 PM

2 months...

Prinze, youre in IL if remember correctly... Where is Ultimate Z?
Old 07-06-2001 | 06:49 AM

go with it!!!

forget all the nonsense people are talking. Just learn how to do it yourself..all it takes is looking at it and understanding.... BUT YOU CAN SAVE HALF THE COST. pLUS - IF YOU SHOP AROUND (EBAY (JUST DO A SEARCH AND TYPE IN NISSAN MAXIMA.. OR EVEN cARS.COM HAS very REASONABLE PRICES...i got all four motor mounts for under 250.00.
JUST GO FOR IT.,..BUT KNOW THAT WHEN ONE THING GOES OUT IT GOES OUT AND COST...SO BE CAREFUL AND DO NOT HIT ANY CURBS..THAT AN INSTANT 250 OR SO WHEN YOU DO THAT... HAPPY DRIVING!!
Old 07-06-2001 | 10:31 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Re: go with it!!!

ya know, your car really doesnt look that bad...wheres the rust? i dont see it....

if you are even somewhat mechanically inclined, you can do most of this stuff yourself and save a bundle of money.

going back to your original list....i have no idea how much the injectors cost, $600 seems very steep though. if your not concerned with performance, why not just pull a set from a junked, lower mileage maxima? sure its ghetto, but usually these things tend to hold up for quite awhile. i cant see them being more than $50....wont last as long as new ones but it beats the **** out of $600.

pep boys can hook you up with the power steering hose, should be fairly cheap and easy to install.

whats up with the suspension? why is it so bad? you dont hear about too many cars that have excessively faulty suspension components at 110k miles....replace your shocks/struts (~$200) and then any bushings as well (they wear out and give your suspension a sloppy feel) replacing those are usually cheap, i just did both front tie rod ends on my rice rocket for $15/apiece. its a simple process, but can be tough to break seals on old suspension parts after 100k miles of junk is stuck in them.

brakes....you can probably have your rotors cut on a lathe ($15), if not rotors are available from jc whitney for $29/apiece. brakes pads arent $100 unless theyre special high performance ones or something.

tires/rims - get a set off of a junked '97+ SE! youll get the tires and rims for way cheaper than $1200, you can probably find some with good tread left on them too.

exhaust - its cheaper than you think, go to your local muffler shop and make friends with the hairy guy there. go get the cheapest muffler you can at pep boys, take it to him and have him cut the old stuff off and weld on 2.5" pipe with that muffler...forget the cat, who needs it...if its more than $150 youre getting ripped off big time.

body rust - welcome to the wonderful world of bondo. if theres any rust on your car i suspect its very minor since i cant see it. if its that little, you might as well use the bondo...its not going to make any difference. paint is gonna be expensive if you want it done right, but if you can do all the prep work yourself (sanding, primer, etc.) youll save your self some money.

body kit - big waste of time....why waste money AND make your car look ugly?

as a side note....having a "special" relationship with a car is great, but you gotta know when to cut your losses too. my first car was an automatic 1989 Cavalier base model that had been sitting in my backyard for 3 years rusting away and getting filled up with water due to leaky window seals. i spent almost $3000 in porting/polishing the head & replacing gaskets, "performance" exhaust, new brakes, completely rewiring the electrical system, blahlblah.....anyway, when all was said and done i still had a piece of crap base model cavalier that didnt run good, smelled like an *** and didnt have an interior. it ended up sitting in my backyard again for a year after i took it off the road and i ended up selling it for $20.

your car sounds like its in much better condition and will probably serve you well for years if you treat it right, just make sure you dont get ripped off on the prices or youre gonna be kicking yourself later on.

good luck!
Old 07-07-2001 | 07:33 AM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by BeatJunky
2 months...

Prinze, youre in IL if remember correctly... Where is Ultimate Z?
You are correct. I am in the city like you are. I am just on the opposite end of town.

Ultimate Z is in Streamwood. You can go to www.ultimatez.com
Old 07-07-2001 | 07:42 AM
OG and counting...

Re: Re: Re: GIVE IT A REST....GEEZ!!

Man thats expensive, I really hope youre not planning to pay those prices.
1) Changed water pump and timing - $350
2) 17" ADR with Nitto 455 - $500
3) Front Bumbper $200-250 at most
4) Struts and Springs with job - $550
5) alignmet - $45

Thats how much I paid for everything. I really hope ur not going to fix your car where they gave you those prices.

Granted, your prices are better than mine, but it really depends where you live. The $900 (actually damn near $1000 incuding tax) is at the dealer I maintain my car at. So is the $450 fuel line.

The tires are a different story because Dunlop is now owned by Goodyear and we all know Goodyear is high as hell. But if you read the rest of the story, you would have seen that I am not paying for specific items that were marked by an asterisk because those items were damaged by a pothole and I am going after the municipality for it.
Old 07-08-2001 | 08:31 AM
OG and counting...

Hey, Beat. Did you get in touch with Ultimate Z yet?
Old 07-08-2001 | 09:21 AM

my .02

my opinion is i wouldnt mod an automagic...i mean i see people on the forums with moded maxima's like james92se and some other people...but im guessing your moding your car to make it faster not just for looks? so an automgic tranny will still be behind a 5 spd...id sell this one and get a 92-94 se withthe ve motor so your putting out 190 horses stock...then go from there, i have a 92 se 5 spd which im not sure if im gonan keep or sell...and i would mod it if i had more $ but at 16 im a little low on funds so if i do mods then there little things here and there...but thats just my opinion, if you decided to mod your automagic then do the things that need to be done first, dont take ou $ or loans for mods, cause lets say you blow your motor or you start having probs with your tranny? then your gonna be in debt and stuck with a car with mods but wont be able to pay for repairs