3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Hiya all - Long Time No See!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2001, 05:41 AM

Hiya guys and Sara, only other female I remember!!

OMG, Did I drop off the face of the planet or what? It seems like it. Actually just moved to the Marketing Department and things never stop there...but I've certainly missed reading the forums. Hope all is well with everyone!

As for my '93 Gray SE, still got it. Not sure if I'm happy about that or not. Hasn't left me on the side of the road but I miss the '93 black GXE that I had for all of its 21 days in my possession. And in case you remember, nope, no more wrecks, but son did get a ticket for passing on a double yellow and has had his license taken away while he's on probation for getting kicked outta school. License will be gone until he completes some classes, completes some community service hours and is off probation, when the former two issues are over. Hmmmm..no license..less arguing...I love it!!

As for the '93 SE, have had new brake pads, new CV joint put on but thats about it. Still didn't get rid of the brake squeakly when I initially take off sometimes or the rear end loud grind I hear occasionally especially when braking and turning right. Is very embarrassing, the initial squeak, sounds like metal to metal and if I go slow its like the brake is still engaged a little. I expressed this to the place that did the brakes but he assured me that everything is ok, said the rear noise was something that wouldn't have to be fixed until at least another set of rear pads, which mine didn't need when I took it in, only front.

I think if I knew the least little bit about cars, I'd still love it, but I just wanna get it in and drive. I am going to Illinois next weekend and I'm renting a car. lol

Anyway, rambled enough 'bout nuthin'! Just wanted to say "hi" and look forward to catching up on the forums!
Old 07-05-2001, 07:44 AM

Question for you....

Its nice to see you posting again. I remember your heart breaking story about the 93 GXE. Glad to hear things are going well. My question is how much did you get your CV Joint done for? Im going to need that job done and I dont know how much its going to be for me. Did you only get 1 done? if so, you should have the other one re-booted and regreased. Did you go to your local mechanic or a dealer? Thanks.
Old 07-05-2001, 07:47 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

let me fill you in

on whats been going on. People still ask where can i get a set of clear corners. whats the diff between an se and a gxe etc... you havent missed much except for a max with 260 hp and 440 lbs of trq.(not the exact measurements but they were somewhere around there.)

welcome back
oh and photopoint sucks
<------------------------------------->