3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Im Back !!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2001, 03:42 PM

and so is my car well part of it anyway.. just to refresh i am the one building the 92SE in the all motor department.. we are hoping to see mid 300 HP to the wheels when its all done..
hope that refreshes everyones memory a little.. anyway just want to say that i have finally gotten around to build the short block and within 2 weeks hope to have the motor completly finished and ready to drop into the car..(you all know not enough hours in a day etc)..lol
well just wanted to give update on my monster.. here are some pics just go to:

http://communities.msn.com/mitsubishiandnissanpower

1)photo album
2)nissan section and there they will be hope yall like em i have more but ill show the progress litle by little..

peace
Old 08-28-2001, 04:50 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

That's cool. What exactly are you doing to get 300 hp at the wheels? Pistons? Rods? Are you changing the compression ratio? I assume everything is forged...
Old 08-28-2001, 04:57 PM
Ford Only.

Sweet, I was just thinking the other day about the project and wondering where you were. Good luck I cant wait to see the final product.
Old 08-28-2001, 08:15 PM

yep i have done everything you have said and then some i guess you clicked on the link in my post you saw the pics..i dont want to give all my secrets out right now so just let the time go by and in the end i will let ya know what all i did.. i have changed the compression and piston size i have the block bored (.20 over)and i believe the compression is 11:5:1 maybe 12 not sure i would have to check..

Originally posted by James92SE
That's cool. What exactly are you doing to get 300 hp at the wheels? Pistons? Rods? Are you changing the compression ratio? I assume everything is forged...
Old 08-28-2001, 10:19 PM
STFU n00b!

niiiice...

soon as I can find a place to store my second VE while it's being rebuilt, I'm going to do a little more mild job than yours.. I'm hoping for 250-275 crank..

when ya get done, I'll be glad to soak up any advice on where to find parts and what to do.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:04 AM

and that will not be a problem ill gladly pass the advice on to anyone who wants to know..

Originally posted by Matt93SE
niiiice...

soon as I can find a place to store my second VE while it's being rebuilt, I'm going to do a little more mild job than yours.. I'm hoping for 250-275 crank..

when ya get done, I'll be glad to soak up any advice on where to find parts and what to do.
Old 08-29-2001, 03:24 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Awesome, where are you getting all this done at? I assume it's all totally custom? What about rough cost for all this? I'm wanting to go this route too, as soon as I pick up my spare VE. When you get done with all this, I'd love any advice/tips/hints you could give.
Old 08-29-2001, 04:32 PM

im doing it all the work myself with a little help from my friend (never know when youll need that 3rd or 4th hand)..but the motor is at my friends shop the use of air tools and engine lifts/stands are so nice ya know..
well you might be surprised at what i have found that works even though in paper and number form doesnt look like it will work..but im going to keep that in my arsenal for now..
as for a cost its a long story and one that i dont feel like explaining right now.. but i will tell you this it would have been alot cheaper if a certain person/shop knew what the hell they were doing..when i do say how much it cost just subtract about half and it should be about right..
so anyway good luck on your hunt for the second VE it will much fun modding it..

Originally posted by James92SE
Awesome, where are you getting all this done at? I assume it's all totally custom? What about rough cost for all this? I'm wanting to go this route too, as soon as I pick up my spare VE. When you get done with all this, I'd love any advice/tips/hints you could give.
Old 08-29-2001, 05:35 PM

Originally posted by VE30DE POWER
im doing it all the work myself with a little help from my friend (never know when youll need that 3rd or 4th hand)..but the motor is at my friends shop the use of air tools and engine lifts/stands are so nice ya know..
well you might be surprised at what i have found that works even though in paper and number form doesnt look like it will work..but im going to keep that in my arsenal for now..
as for a cost its a long story and one that i dont feel like explaining right now.. but i will tell you this it would have been alot cheaper if a certain person/shop knew what the hell they were doing..when i do say how much it cost just subtract about half and it should be about right..
so anyway good luck on your hunt for the second VE it will much fun modding it..

This is all really good news and I wish you all the luck in the world. I saw the website and it's great....just one question about the mitsu...you said it was originally putting 85hp to the ground, how much is putting down now with all those mods and what is your best time?
Old 08-29-2001, 06:06 PM

well the mitsu is my other project and is still under construction..and i havent had a chance to put it on a dyno yet..im planning on having the mitsu a track car only we are going to be shooting for the 10's in the 1/4 all motor..
but my time with just a intake,cat-back,header my best was 16.6 at 79 or so mph R/T(.63)dont remember 60ft plus traction was a big issue i was using the stock 14" tires and i was spinning in 2nd so it could have been much better if i had traction..and the horsepower i had with just those mods were 113 hp to the wheels with 18's on it.. i never had it dynoed with the 14's so it should be a bit higher HP at the wheels..
but with the mods i have on it now and after i get it tuned we should be around 230 HP to the wheels i know that is not going to be (10's in the 1/4) but should be about low to mid 13's with traction of course..then after i get it tuned and make dyno runs/track runs to see how the car is going to react etc then we will be going into the motor aka:bigger pistons,valves,etc..as of right now the internals are all stock..

well hope i answered the question for ya and thanks on my max

Originally posted by primeevil711

This is all really good news and I wish you all the luck in the world. I saw the website and it's great....just one question about the mitsu...you said it was originally putting 85hp to the ground, how much is putting down now with all those mods and what is your best time?
Old 08-29-2001, 09:26 PM
STFU n00b!

now it's time for 20 questions..

obviously different rods and pistons.. what kind? what about the cam? still using a stock crank and cams or is there actually something out there that I can buy? (or are the cams custom ground?)

and what am I looking at in parts costs for at least pistons/rods/cams if I change them out?

I think that's a good start for round 1 of the questioning..

I'll be doing all the rebuild labor myself.. machine work will obvisouly be done by someone more competent (well, by a shop that has the tools anyway!)
Old 08-30-2001, 06:36 PM

Here's my next project

... in my dreams. If I had one I think I'd first crawl under the glass and hug both banks while I murmer sweet nothings into one intake then the other.

I'm really anxious to see how your engine turns out.
Old 08-31-2001, 07:09 PM

MATT you know my dilemma 3 cars 2 drivers

all the bolt ons plus ecu,throttle body and extrude the intake plenum

i figure it this way (been researching for a while)

the VE,VG30DE & DETT have the same rods but different pistons. they all have the same bore,so for a bump in CR the VG30DE pistons will work. but if you want to lighten the rods or get overbore pistons sourcing parts from companies that make kit for NA/TT 300zx's will provide the basics. (crower,tomie,jun etc etc) by the way a lightweight crank form JUN is gonna cost about $6000 i asked. if you wanna know what the JUN rods/piston combo will cost post the request. as far as the head work is concearned if you know a good shop that does head porting then you are all set. i dont currently know anybody that has a set of bolt on cams for a VE but you can get some custom made. lastly out of curiosity some na/z headers. the one for the front of the engine would fit (custom Y pipe) but the rear seems unable to fit in the tunnel between the shift linkage and the tranny housing. the oulet is too far to the drivers side of the car, but as Maxiamamike told me the gasket for a VE lines up with the holes onth stillen header.

have fun ponder the info.

the VQ is a nice engine but if you notice the MKII/2K variant has VTC and dual path intake runners, hmmmmmm.
VE30DE's are everywhere we are the proud owners of the prototypes.