3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Got T-Boned today

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Banned

Got T-Boned today

Another Maxima bites the dust. I walked away with just a dislocated shoulder. whats sad is I just exhaust on it today.

Last edited by Maxteca; 04-16-2008 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:09 PM
Banned

Old 04-16-2008, 05:15 PM

oh damn dude...glad your okay.
what happened man?!
Old 04-16-2008, 05:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1992maximase30
oh damn dude...glad your okay.
what happened man?!
thank you a guy spun out and hit the side of my car going about 45mph.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:33 PM

(screams).
now as insensitive this may sound...um what happens now??
Old 04-16-2008, 05:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1992maximase30
(screams).
now as insensitive this may sound...um what happens now??
It was not my fault so his insurance company pays for the car and I buy it back,
And I am suing his insurance company for medical bills and lost wages.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:52 PM

So what kind of exhaust you had going on there? VG WSP Y-Pipe by any chance? Dibs.

Nah I'm kidding. That sucks so bad, I cringe at the thought of getting into an accident after all the work I've done. Glad to hear you came out semi-ok. Lets see if the Maxima gets some serious mods after you sue.
Old 04-16-2008, 05:52 PM

okay...good.
just rest take it easy.
pretty soon you'll be back on your feet...
Old 04-16-2008, 05:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Dhunterx
So what kind of exhaust you had going on there? VG WSP Y-Pipe by any chance? Dibs.

Nah I'm kidding. That sucks so bad, I cringe at the thought of getting into an accident after all the work I've done. Glad to hear you came out semi-ok. Lets see if the Maxima gets some serious mods after you sue.
No strait pipe from y pipe back with a cheap tip on it. Oh and no cat just a test pipe. I planed on doing a WSP Y-Pipe, test pipe and a greddy catback in about 2-3 mounths. hear is a sound clip.
View My Video
Old 04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Baby's on the Half Tip!

Originally Posted by Maxteca
It was not my fault so his insurance company pays for the car and I buy it back,
And I am suing his insurance company for medical bills and lost wages.
hey don't forget pain and suffering, that's where the money is at
Old 04-16-2008, 07:39 PM
mod or sell?

1. it's not a t-bone
2. I'd find another and start over.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
1. it's not a t-bone

you could call it an L bone but that sounds

that stinks you should talk with the insurance ajuster when they come to appraise your car about your upgrades and the real "market value" of the car you may get a bigger check

stinks though
Old 04-16-2008, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Uberhass
you could call it an L bone but that sounds

that stinks you should talk with the insurance ajuster when they come to appraise your car about your upgrades and the real "market value" of the car you may get a bigger check

stinks though
Thats what the law suit for his injuries and pain in suffering come in. Another turbo 3rd gen in the near future for the org?
Old 04-16-2008, 08:43 PM
Banned

ok not to be rude or anything but WTF getting rid of the cat was a stupid move u gain nothing as far as hp out of it and secondly u lose a bit of torque by removing the cat. your also poluting the world duch bag thanx alot for doing it as all the others here who are dumping the cat and running straight pipes. your car will not and can not gain any more power by removing the cat. its a stupid and pointless move. espcially on a GXe max. its a SOHC VG30E motor. those cars are a dime a dozen now get a Se VE30DE then your talking a car more worth things but still regaurdless you are like all the other ***** that thing dumping the cat will give them some power gain. if you wanna get some gain if any can be gained get yourself a 2.25 cat from a 300zx n/a and have it welded on or something but dumping your cat is only aiding in making this world more ****ed up. I hope if you do that again that a cop pulls you over and see's you got a dumped exhaust and tickets you for it along with the EPA because that right there can get you a big fine for doing.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by elusivemax93
stfu. his car was wrecked. it isnt going anywhere, and it wont be making any tree huggers pissy. he will get a new car, and he will do whatever to it.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:55 PM
Baby's on the Half Tip!

ok not to be rude or anything but WTF getting rid of the cat was a stupid move u gain nothing as far as hp out of it and secondly u lose a bit of torque by removing the cat. your also poluting the world duch bag thanx alot for doing it as all the others here who are dumping the cat and running straight pipes. your car will not and can not gain any more power by removing the cat. its a stupid and pointless move. espcially on a GXe max. its a SOHC VG30E motor. those cars are a dime a dozen now get a Se VE30DE then your talking a car more worth things but still regaurdless you are like all the other ***** that thing dumping the cat will give them some power gain. if you wanna get some gain if any can be gained get yourself a 2.25 cat from a 300zx n/a and have it welded on or something but dumping your cat is only aiding in making this world more ****ed up. I hope if you do that again that a cop pulls you over and see's you got a dumped exhaust and tickets you for it along with the EPA because that right there can get you a big fine for doing.
wow
Old 04-16-2008, 09:03 PM

OK?

cause his one cat is really going to have that much of an effect? Why don't you own a prius or a civic if you care that much about the enviroment? its his car totalled or not if he wants to take off the entire exaust system i'm not going to get butthurt about it
Old 04-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by benstoked
stfu. his car was wrecked. it isnt going anywhere, and it wont be making any tree huggers pissy. he will get a new car, and he will do whatever to it.
due to a pm from elusivemax93, i will add this: true, removal of the cat has shown power loss, and there are many threads with reference to this.
i realize that the cats main function was not the only subject in that long and almost run-on post.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:06 PM
Banned

no i own a Nissan Maxima se VE30DE and i still have a cat i just upgraded to using a 300zx N/A cat instead to keep with the laws and not be stupid. im also an automotive tech so please save me the stupid **** u have to say.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:09 PM
Banned

you know i can say this you all are just like the NWNissans forum here in and around washington idaho and oregan.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:11 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

you know i can say this you all are just like the NWNissans forum here in and around washington idaho and oregan.
what? that sentence is not english. at least it is not comprehensible.
Old 04-16-2008, 09:13 PM

nope

I'm colorado to the core!! Bioch!!
Old 04-16-2008, 09:55 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

so now you're lumping every last one of us into a single category eh? a category that, based on your rant above, appears to be one that you have a particular distaste for.

Just because some or any of us are not automotive techs doesn't make us stupid. And just because one member removed his cat doesn't mean we all did, or plan to. And just because most of us have VGs doesn't mean you can get your panties in a knot about how "worthless VGs are and how superior VEs are". We've heard it before, a hundred times, and it gets old, fast. So take your negativity to a bar somewhere and let this forum move on without you.

And for what it's worth, my 'stuipd VG' gets 29mpg which is 7mpg BETTER than the EPA's combined estimate for our cars, so maybe they aren't so stupid after all.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:02 PM
Way out West

Dude. It's Oregon.

You live right next to the state. At least spell it right.

You may be correct about the cat deal, but once you get outside of the major cities, there is no emissions testing. People are going to do what they are going to do.

You would need a pretty damn big soap box to tell all of the rednecks with V8s (be it in trucks or cars) running headers, glass packs and straight pipes to put cats on them.
Old 04-16-2008, 10:20 PM

Glad to hear that you are ok.

Well once everything is clear, at least you will be able to either fix this one or purchase another one.
Old 04-17-2008, 02:04 AM

Well that sucks.. I know how it feels to have your pearl Maxima banged up due to another driver's mistakes. I guess i'm lucky, both times it's happened, my car has driven away with only cosmetic flaws.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:14 AM

Honestly elusive, who cares? Not to sound like a douchebag, but this guy just got into an accident and is suffering as a result of it. And not the emotional kind, but PHYSICALLY suffering (dislocating a shoulder is no fun mmkaay?) SO what if he removed his cat? Wanna know something? I took off my cat once because it was old and messed up, and drove ALL around town with the cat off. (Man that bish was LOUD) Moral of the story is? No one cares. (I have since replaced the old cat with a new one, so no tree hugging pissy action.) If you're just going to directly bash him for removing his cat, keep it to the PMs.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:27 AM

glad to hear your ok. good luck with your next ride.
Old 04-17-2008, 05:52 AM
mod or sell?

your exhaust flow is actually improved by a modern catalytic converter. the myth of converters hurting performance comes from early converters that were of the pellet design. modern converter is of the brick design and smooths out exhaust flow by cutting down on turbulence.