3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

stock fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2008, 01:54 AM

stock fog lights

It looks like my max has stock fog lights?? how do i turn them on to check if they work and if not are they an easy fix?.. thanks a lot again for helping.
Old 05-11-2008, 02:04 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

There is a switch on dash to the left of the steering wheel, next to the cruise control button.

If they don't work, it could be many different reasons why, so......?
Old 05-11-2008, 03:49 AM

Originally Posted by sams
...are they an easy fix?.. thanks a lot again for helping.
yes, easy fix.
Old 05-11-2008, 12:17 PM
<3's the all motor section

best part is you can easily hook up aftermarket ones to the stock brackets and wiring, at least thats what i did, and they look OEM. my OEM were cracked and rusted, looked like ****.
Old 05-12-2008, 01:00 AM

Check if there is power at the foglight chassis harness... If not, check your fuse... If fuse is installed and good.... Then check that there is a relay installed... check that the switch is powering the relay, and that the relay is operational! If you have power at the foglight chassis harness then check your bulbs! You can do this @ the battery with 1 jumper wire!
As for foglight lense protection, you can apply a clear pressure tape/laminate to the lense. Go to griotsgarage.com, weathertech.com and I believe LaminateX.com...I been using this 40 mil tape on my foglight for yrs without any damage/defects
Old 05-12-2008, 12:10 PM

my Max has the spot for fogliths and the litlte glass housing but i do not have fog lights as an option .the botton is simply black and does not have the fog light picture on it. Can i still install fog lights in the original maxima fog light area???
Old 05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

my Max has the spot for fogliths and the litlte glass housing but i do not have fog lights as an option .the botton is simply black and does not have the fog light picture on it. Can i still install fog lights in the original maxima fog light area???
yea you can install stock fogs. you should be prewired for it on the bumper, and some-but-not-all GXEs were prewired for the switch on the dash. so undo your switch panel and see if there's another harness lurking back there. if it is, just toss in a relay, hook up some fogs and a JY fog switch from an SE and drive happy.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:46 PM

http://www.canadiantire.ca/browse/pr...romSearch=true

Can these be mounted easily/ whats the set up process? will the fog lights come on when i turn the headlights or will i have to make some switch.. remeber my max does not have a button for fog lights. also i want a fog light with a color that will sorta match my maxima stock headlights .. thanks
Old 05-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Can these be mounted easily/ whats the set up process? will the fog lights come on when i turn the headlights or will i have to make some switch.. remeber my max does not have a button for fog lights. also i want a fog light with a color that will sorta match my maxima stock headlights .. thanks
sure. but if the wiring isn't there, it will make it more difficult, as you will need to make the harness... not a hard process.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:44 PM

yea you can install stock fogs. you should be prewired for it on the bumper, and some-but-not-all GXEs were prewired for the switch on the dash. so undo your switch panel and see if there's another harness lurking back there. if it is, just toss in a relay, hook up some fogs and a JY fog switch from an SE and drive happy.
i've been seriously thinking about installing some fogs up to my gxe, but was trying to think about the planning i might need to do....but now....how would i find the wiring for fogs on my gxe at the bumper area(if its there)....and i'm thinking that i do have the wiring up at my dash (i've taken that apart before)
Old 05-13-2008, 11:09 PM

foglights

Call Courtesy Nissan and ask how much a foglight kit may cost for a 3rd Gen! Should include foglight assys, switch ,relay. Or search the bone yards for those various parts!
Old 05-14-2008, 07:24 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by DBooker_93GXE
i've been seriously thinking about installing some fogs up to my gxe, but was trying to think about the planning i might need to do....but now....how would i find the wiring for fogs on my gxe at the bumper area(if its there)....and i'm thinking that i do have the wiring up at my dash (i've taken that apart before)

foglight harness circled in red. on a non-fog-equipped car that DOES have the wiring, it will be doubled back into the little burgundy cap you see a the top of the red 'circle' i drew. the plug itself was too far down on the pictured fog-equipped max to actually show up in the picture i took... it's just down in the bumper.
note: engine and transmission removal NOT necessary to access foglight harness

Last edited by CapedCadaver; 05-21-2008 at 07:47 AM. Reason: pic link changed. had to fix.
Old 05-20-2008, 10:35 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

My fog light seems to not work, well the left works the right doesnt and the left headlight does not work and the right does? Where are the fuses inside the car for the headlights, i have check the ones under the hood. Thanks
Old 05-20-2008, 11:03 PM

Well the fuse panel is just above the hood release handle l/h side of your dash! Since 1 is working, I know your fuse is good! Just check the connector @ the foglight for power. More than likely a burnt bulb! Do the same for your headlights or swap the l/h and r/h bulbs...I believe you can figure that out right?