3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Why must people suck at driving?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 04:32 PM

Why must people suck at driving?

So I'm rushing to work. not driving like a maniac but taking risks that I shouldn't be. so I come to an intersection trying to make a left turn. see a guy infront of me also trying making a left turn. great i'll go now. since there's no one blocking me. R-tard infront of me trying to make left turn decides he wants to go straight at the last second. effectively cutting me off and causing me to stop. so I'm sick of him already causing me problems, put too much foot on the acceleration in order to get away and go bam right into the center divider on the street im trying to turn onto. tire is blown. plastic fender cover is ripped 1/2 way off. strut is at an angle, and LCA isn't fully screwed in anymore, and I cannot open my door all the way. meanwhile guy speeds off because he didn't cause anything (apparently)

pix of the damage in a bit. seriously. wish this guy had his car / license taken away from him.

good thing i recently bought new struts and havn't replaced them yet, but methinks my whole frame is ****ed up now.

Last edited by Mysticcal; 06-11-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:35 PM
I can has?

Originally Posted by Mysticcal
So I'm rushing to work. not driving like a maniac but taking risks that I shouldn't be. so I come to an intersection trying to make a left turn. see a guy infront of me also trying making a left turn. great i'll go now. since there's no one blocking me. R-tard infront of me trying to make left turn decides he wants to go straight at the last second. effectively cutting me off and causing me to stop. so I'm sick of him already causing me problems, put too much foot on the acceleration in order to get away and go bam right into the center divider. tire is blown. strut is at an angle, and LCA isn't fully screwed in anymore, and I cannot open my door all the way. meanwhile guy speeds off because he didn't cause anything (apparently)

pix of the damage in a bit. seriously. wish this guy had his car / license taken away from him.
You have to drive extremely defensively in order to effectively avoid other people's problems. You can't let anger, rage, or embarrassment get the best of you and make you do something you normally wouldn't. Other people are always going to drive like ****, it's you that has to take everyone else into consideration.

Solution: Leave a little early - Drive normally
Old 06-11-2008, 05:33 PM
mod or sell?

your aggression and impulsivety caused your cars damage.
Lots of people drive like crap, it's a fact of life.
all you need to remember is that eventually they will cause an accident and it will be their problem. instead you chose to be aggressive and fuked up your car.
did you learn your lesson?
I hope so
Old 06-11-2008, 05:47 PM

Sorry to hear of your mishap. But what Brian said (sorry to say) is true. People are morons and drive like crap. When you allow them to get to you and lower yourself to moron level stuff like this happens. I have learned (by similar mistakes) to just expect stupid people to do stupid things. I expect idiots to turn in front of me, I expect morons to change their mind and go straight with a turn signal on. I then wave to them (not the middle finger wave) and drive away thinking "what a moron" while they drive away wondering who I was and why I waved, completely oblivious to their ignorance.
Old 06-11-2008, 05:54 PM

[QUOTE=expect stupid people to do stupid things. I expect idiots to turn in front of me, I expect morons to change their mind and go straight with a turn signal on. I then wave to them (not the middle finger wave) and drive away thinking "what a moron" while they drive away wondering who I was and why I waved, completely oblivious to their ignorance.[/QUOTE]

hahah thats funny what you do. but yeah too bad and good luck with your ride.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:12 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

um yeah... you pretty much dug your own hole on that one. my most recent close call was someone in the right-turn only lane, with their right turn-signal on, slowing to turn, then they changed their mind and jerked into my lane as i was going 50mph to their 20mph.... a bit of adrenaline, a bit more brakes, clutch->5th->3rd, life goes on.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:31 AM

gas is too expensive to be getting pissed off and flooring it anywhere
Old 06-12-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by gapboi210
gas is too expensive to be getting pissed off and flooring it anywhere
Amen.

A lot of people ESPECIALLY here in the great city of Miami do a lot of STUPID **** all of the time. It's enough to make the most timid of people turn into swearing, yelling mongrels. And I will admit a lot of times I feel rage when someone does something stupid, but at the end of the day, it isn't important. Defensive driving is key everywhere, ESPECIALLY here, so as long as no one got hurt then just keep moving on.
Old 06-12-2008, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Mysticcal
so I come to an intersection trying to make a left turn. see a guy infront of me also trying making a left turn. great i'll go now. since there's no one blocking me. R-tard infront of me trying to make left turn decides he wants to go straight at the last second. effectively cutting me off and causing me to stop. so I'm sick of him already causing me problems, put too much foot on the acceleration in order to get away and go bam right into the center divider on the street im trying to turn onto..
That's why the law is this:

Not this:
Old 06-12-2008, 02:39 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Hectic
[IMG]pic[/IMG]

Not this:
[IMG]pic2[/IMG]
when you have a divided US Hwy intersecting a 2lane sidestreet... the people turning left FROM the side street have to wait for the cars turning FROM left from the highway to go first right? 2 days ago i saw someone from the sidestreet pull up to the median when the traffic on their left was clear, pinning the driver turning left off the highway and making them wait for the sidestreet person to finish their turn. I kindof thought that was awful mean of the sidestreet person to pin the other guy in place like that. the only reason it would be OK is if the left lane of the highway was clear, such that the sidestreet person would turn directly into the left lane, where the right lane had traffic preventing the highway person from making it all the way across. even so....

i'll make a pretty picture in MSPaint later
Old 06-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Patience is a virtue.
Better late (to go to work) than never (Because of an accident).

Anyways I drive on CA-118, Ronald Reagan Freeway, and majority people here are looky Lou(s) And get strangely attracted to blinking lights. (As in Emergency Vehicles on the other side of the freeway, or any blinking colored lights)

People are stupid. But be patience.
Next mod on my car, a rocket launcher, because of the cops won't get bad drivers out of the freeway, I'll will.

It won't happen but a man can dream.

Hectic what the heck is that pic?
Old 06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
Patience is a virtue.
Better late (to go to work) than never (Because of an accident).

Anyways I drive on CA-118, Ronald Reagan Freeway, and majority people here are looky Lou(s) And get strangely attracted to blinking lights. (As in Emergency Vehicles on the other side of the freeway, or any blinking colored lights)

People are stupid. But be patience.
Next mod on my car, a rocket launcher, because of the cops won't get bad drivers out of the freeway, I'll will.

Hectic what the heck is that pic?
to me, the pic means "turn behind the other turner, not in front of them" or something like that.... which would be, well, interesting if there are 2 turn lanes intertwining like that...
Old 06-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

pretty picture, as promised (please forgive the ugliness of it... i did it on a laptop touchpad in Paint):

the 4lane is a 55mph US highway, the other road is a 25mph sidestreet w/ stop signs. Red car turns into the median while lanes a and b are clear, blocks the blue car who was waiting for lanes c and d to be clear, then continues into lane C moments later. I was under the impression that the car LEAVING the major road has right of way over the car ENTERING the major road. I can understand the red car doing that if lane D was busy and lane c was mostly clear, because for the blue car to complete their turn they need both lanes C and D to be clear, where the red car just needs lane C to be clear.... but ionno i just thought the blue car should be going first. and also what if the blue car were just off lane C rather than just off lane B? lanes a and b could be clear as day, but as long as the red car is there waiting for c and/or D to clear, the blue car is stuck....

so maybe the rule should be that if the car LEAVING the major road is on your left it's OK because you are both waiting for the same traffic to clear (and the car ENTERING the major road will probably just need one clear lane)but if they are on your right, you are blocking them and that's not cool.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
People are stupid.

I am with you. Maybe a group deal on car mounted rocket launchers?

Seriously, obstructing traffic flow is against the law, as is too slow for conditions, when will they enforce this law?

Fact: #1 reason for accidents = too fast for conditions (speeding)
#2 reason = Too slow for conditions
Old 06-12-2008, 05:17 PM

Now I understand. In Capecadaver's diagram, Hectic's picture makes sense. However, there's still I risk on doing what Hectic's pic says under normal So. Cal driving. Especially multiple cars following. I should look at the latest CA DMV book.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:19 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by jonmandude
I am with you. Maybe a group deal on car mounted rocket launchers?

Seriously, obstructing traffic flow is against the law, as is too slow for conditions, when will they enforce this law?

Fact: #1 reason for accidents = too fast for conditions (speeding)
#2 reason = Too slow for conditions
that's why i hate when there's 2 cars coming up on me from behind after i went to the left of 2 lanes to let someone merge (merger gets up and goes from that point), and by the time it's safe for me to try and get back to the right lane what happens? right lane car speeds up, passes me on the right, and so does the car behind me.... pass on the LEFT retards! and yes this has happened even with me signalling WELL in advance of them approaching me. i'm a turnsignal ***** for-real-style.
Old 06-19-2008, 03:24 PM

I say hit him! Let cops and insurance work out whos at fault.
Old 06-20-2008, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic

Not this:
Thats not right, the opposite is legal.
Old 06-20-2008, 06:18 PM

I thought it was more like this.........