3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

HELP fuel Injectors

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 04:13 PM

HELP fuel Injectors

My maxima is a 1992 SE with the VE30DE engine. It has been running rough and we have done several tests to find the problem. When doing the tests we found that the problem was in cylinder #1. We checked the the coils by disconecting them, and the sparkplugs and they were fine so the problem was the injector. We checked the injector with a multiple meter and it was not getting any reading while the others were so the injector is bad. We have been searching around and we found that the auto parts have remanufactured injectors. The injectors we currently have say JECS A4-600. The one at the auto parts are Beck/Arnley, Niehoff, and Python. I can also get a new injector or get one from a junkyard and get it cleaned. Could i have different injectors running at the same time? Or should i change the whole row? What do you suggest.
Old 08-18-2008, 05:55 PM

it doesnt matter as long as they r for 1992 MAXIMA SE....
Old 08-18-2008, 06:00 PM

reman injectors have a pretty bad rep, someone else can probably go into more detail on that. if you have the funds i suggest replacing the entire rail if you don't know how old the other ones are, it'll just save you problems in the longrun.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:23 PM

exactly if u have a budget change all of them....if not then leave them and jus change which u needed....
Old 08-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by TooEasy
reman injectors have a pretty bad rep, someone else can probably go into more detail on that. if you have the funds i suggest replacing the entire rail if you don't know how old the other ones are, it'll just save you problems in the longrun.
remans suck approximately as hard as Jenna Jameson. Pythons are as bad, or worse. Get new or get some from a JY. Test the ohms on the ones at the JY, of course.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:48 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by GUS'MAXIMA
My maxima is a 1992 SE with the VE30DE engine. It has been running rough and we have done several tests to find the problem. When doing the tests we found that the problem was in cylinder #1. We checked the the coils by disconecting them, and the sparkplugs and they were fine so the problem was the injector. We checked the injector with a multiple meter and it was not getting any reading while the others were so the injector is bad. We have been searching around and we found that the auto parts have remanufactured injectors. The injectors we currently have say JECS A4-600. The one at the auto parts are Beck/Arnley, Niehoff, and Python. I can also get a new injector or get one from a junkyard and get it cleaned. Could i have different injectors running at the same time? Or should i change the whole row? What do you suggest.
my only suggestion based on experience: http://www.internetautosupply.com/ca...027-p-420.html
Old 08-18-2008, 06:49 PM

take some advice from me and get new injectors. There is a guy on this forum, I think his name is Bryan, he has the new one's you need for the best price.

I went throught 2 sets of b/s remft injectors over a 3 month period and they all began to fail one at a time. A few of them are still lgood but I eventually bought a new set.

You have been warned...
Old 08-18-2008, 06:50 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by G3Karl
take some advice from me and get new injectors. There is a guy on this forum, I think his name is Bryan, he has the new one's you need for the best price.

I went throught 2 sets of b/s remft injectors over a 3 month period and they all began to fail one at a time. A few of them are still lgood but I eventually bought a new set.

You have been warned...
look up
Old 08-18-2008, 06:56 PM

alright i got a 1994 nissan maxima sohc 3.0
when i turn the key for the car everything will turn on but the car wont start so i poped my hood and looked at the cable to start the car so i connected the cable to my power on my battery and the car rotate but wont start and im not getting spark..... from spark plugs... errr someone help
Old 08-18-2008, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
look up
posted at virtuall the same time. 1 minute apart.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If youre on a limited budget regarding the purchase of 6 new units then buy used ones and have them cleaned and tested. I sent 6 out about 3 mnths ago http://www.witchhunter.com/. There are several other cleaning facilities but a tad pricier with RC Engineering being the most expensive.

I would suggest sending at least 2 extras and also leaving them in the rail for the facility to reinstall them for an additional charge. You will also need new O rings upon reinstallation and I suggest OEM's.

Dont buy reman. there is nothing anyone can rebuild on these units barring replacing the o-rings and testing them.

GL
Old 08-18-2008, 07:50 PM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by KaneStyles
alright i got a 1994 nissan maxima sohc 3.0
when i turn the key for the car everything will turn on but the car wont start so i poped my hood and looked at the cable to start the car so i connected the cable to my power on my battery and the car rotate but wont start and im not getting spark..... from spark plugs... errr someone help
is your ignition rotor turning?
Old 08-22-2008, 08:30 AM

Did you take the distributor off for any reason during the process? It is common for people to reinstall them 180 degrees the wrong direction. If you did remove the distributor then consider that.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:23 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

I just bought a set from fiveomotorsports. They appear to be factory - same color and exact markings. Paid about $450 for the set of 6.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:16 AM

$450 for 6, that's an excellent price for OEM injectors.
Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by Vasy
$450 for 6, that's an excellent price for OEM injectors.
Doesn't say new. Rebuilts are still technically OEM
Old 08-26-2008, 05:22 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

I'm also interested in the set that FiveOMotorsports is selling. They list them as brand new OEM made by JECS. Does JECS still supply OEM to Nissan? I wonder if they have made any improvements to these injectors or do they share the same flawed design as the originals.

Interesting, Wikipedia says JECS was a joint venture between Bosch and Nissan so that Bosch could get into the Japanese market and Nissan could use their EFI technology. Hitachi bought out the company in 2002 and it looks like a lot of their stuff now comes out of China.

I haven't read of the Bosch injectors failing, but you see lots of JECS remans. Witchhunter lists the JECS as a "problem injector".
Old 08-26-2008, 06:10 PM
mod or sell?

The bosch injectors in some cases use an updated feed design.
if you do a little searching you will see pictures for comparison.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:58 PM

Thanks we replaced the malfunctioning injector with a brand new bosch. we got a pretty good deal on amazon. once we finished and cranked it up the car idled and drove perfect. Thanks
Old 01-03-2011, 08:50 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

i am SOOO glad i joined this forum. i have been going back and forth with the idea of buying remanned. but now i know i should just be patient and save my money and buy new. and now i know i should buy BOSCH becuz of the merger and all that. thanks guys, you all rock hard.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:44 PM

It's a big chunk but it'll be troublefree for another 20 yrs....Those JK units never last that long!
Old 01-03-2011, 10:01 PM

just bandaids