3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Does anyone know where to find a website with paint colors?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2001, 01:16 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Does anyone know where to find a website with paint colors?

I am trying to find a website that will show different automotive paint schemes along with prices on the paint. I tried 3M and Dupont. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks
Old 11-23-2001, 02:15 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

well

I dont think any site is going to give prices that will include labor.
It would be better to go to your local body shop. most people think painting is just spraying paint onto the car. but if you want it done right you also have to figure fixing all the dents which is alot of work in itself ie. blocking,sanding,filling, priming etc...

but take it to your local body shop thell have a book with all the colors and they can give you an accurate estimate after they see the condition of your car. besides the color should not affect the price too much. unless you plan on changing the color drastically (not white to cream or grey to charcoal but blue to red or black to yellow.) and If you change the color you have to remember that your door jams and engine bay and trunk lid will still be stock color, unless you pay to have them done, and of course that will up the cost.

basically a good paint job without changing the color will cost you between $1500 to $3000. And like always you get what you pay for.
hope this helps
Old 11-23-2001, 02:35 PM

Re: well

I wasn't looking for the paint job price. i was just looking for the price per quart or gallon for the paint. I also wanted an idea of the colors I wanted before checking out an auto body shop.

Originally posted by N34JZ
I dont think any site is going to give prices that will include labor.
It would be better to go to your local body shop. most people think painting is just spraying paint onto the car. but if you want it done right you also have to figure fixing all the dents which is alot of work in itself ie. blocking,sanding,filling, priming etc...

but take it to your local body shop thell have a book with all the colors and they can give you an accurate estimate after they see the condition of your car. besides the color should not affect the price too much. unless you plan on changing the color drastically (not white to cream or grey to charcoal but blue to red or black to yellow.) and If you change the color you have to remember that your door jams and engine bay and trunk lid will still be stock color, unless you pay to have them done, and of course that will up the cost.

basically a good paint job without changing the color will cost you between $1500 to $3000. And like always you get what you pay for.
hope this helps
Old 11-23-2001, 03:34 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

thats what I figured

but the price and I dont per quart will be wholesale cost think many body shops like you to buy your own paint. and about the colors the best way is to go to the body shop because they have samples that show the metalic finish that cant be shown online.

colors? are you planning on useing two diferent colors? if so where.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:14 PM

Re: thats what I figured

Well, don't laugh. I paint a lot of model cars. I have done about 350 of them since I was like 8. Anyway, I did a paint scheme on one of them that I thought would be kinda cool. It will just take a specific paint to get it done. It will be painted a bright metallica based silver. Then it will be covered with either tranparent forest green or transparent black. The painbt isn't actually transparent, it's just that the silver underneath it shines like crazy. I built that model car about 3 years ago and never thought anything about it, until I saw a guy in town with a 2001 Chevy Silverado with a red transparent paint job and that sucker looked badass.

What you think?

Originally posted by N34JZ
but the price and I dont per quart will be wholesale cost think many body shops like you to buy your own paint. and about the colors the best way is to go to the body shop because they have samples that show the metalic finish that cant be shown online.

colors? are you planning on useing two diferent colors? if so where.