3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

your average rebuilt motor parts (pics) hehehe

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2001 | 07:04 AM

your average rebuilt motor parts (pics) hehehe

whats up guys been awhile since ive been on i just back on to update people who remmeber the max project i have.. well i have good news its finally done "motor anyway" and will have pics of the completed motor and of the car soon.. i planning on putting the motor in saturday or next week..then after 500 babied miles it will be off to the dyno to see if we got the HP were looking for.. well anyway here they are just go here :

http://communities.msn.com/mitsubish...issanpics.msnw

there are 2 pages so check em out im not gonna keep my secrets in any longer.. no need to..
oh by the way the 1 piston is not dirty it has the hpc coating on it i just didnt have time to send the others out.. besides those are the only 2 that are like that..

well enjoy
Old 11-30-2001 | 08:45 AM

Re: your average rebuilt motor parts (pics) hehehe

When you rebuilt the engine was it back to stock modifications or did you change like the compression or anything alse, als owhat are those gauges from. I wish my redline was that high
Old 11-30-2001 | 09:22 AM

nah.... i have changed just about everything in the motor if i remember correctly the pistons are 11:5:1 or 12..

the gauges or out of a skyline gtr..night and day pics.. if ya look at the night one it says nismo. so i guess its a nismo edition skyline.. who knows..
Old 11-30-2001 | 09:45 AM

All motor

I was thinking about doing an all motor to my max this spring. Do you have any projections on what you will put out for horse power? If you dont mind telling what else did you do to the internals?
Old 11-30-2001 | 10:02 AM
STFU n00b!

Niiice... I've seen those eagle rods before.. What kinda pistons are those? I've only seen the JE ones for our engine, but I'm sure there's more out there...
Old 11-30-2001 | 10:57 AM

"Matt93SE" i dont know if you know this or not but those are vg30dett 300zx eagle rods. but yeah that was my only choice for getting rods at the time with out going custom "expensive".. so for 500.00 i got rods.. they are JE pistons also at the time they were the only one who had an application..

TB-MaxSE-89 " as for the horsepower we are looking for mid 300.. or at least low 13's in the 1/4 and ill be happy..
as far as mods they are
all the bolts ons "except y-pipe cold air intake"
heads,intake manifold,exhaust mainifolds,all have been extrude honed ported..
.20 over je pistons
eagle h-beam rods
balanced and lightend crankshaft knife edged "polished"
valvetrain is stock at time no one had anything for it but may later get valves,springs,retainers.. besides nissan did a pretty good job in the head department "cams etc" anyway so i wanted to leave it alone.. dont mess with a good thing.. especially if it works so good stock..
valve springs have been shimmed and balanced to hold at higher rpm.
"forgot actual name for this"
stillen upgraded ecu
stillen light flywheel
stillen stage 3 clutch.. carbon/kevlar composite good for "500 horses"
C&M racing high flow OIL and FUEL FILTER.

LOOKS ETC:
RACING SENEKA SNIPER wheels 17x9's
tokico "blues"
eibach pro kit
stillen "skyline big brake upgrade 13" rotor 4 piston calipers ss brake lines,pads..
touring wing
greddy sp
short shifter
momo **** "phantom"
sparco pedals
powder coated valve covers.
and a award winning "sound quality" stereo "no bass for me anymore i have had my share of it and my hearing is proof" lol

well i think that is about it.. might have missed a few things here and there..
Old 11-30-2001 | 04:36 PM

Looks promising. Let us know when you get to the dyno.

Old 11-30-2001 | 04:38 PM
Ford Only.

That is awesome maybe one day I can do that.
Old 11-30-2001 | 11:11 PM

Originally posted by VE30DE POWER
whats up guys been awhile since ive been on i just back on to update people who remmeber the max project i have.. well i have good news its finally done "motor anyway" and will have pics of the completed motor and of the car soon.. i planning on putting the motor in saturday or next week..then after 500 babied miles it will be off to the dyno to see if we got the HP were looking for.. well anyway here they are just go here :

there are 2 pages so check em out im not gonna keep my secrets in any longer.. no need to..
oh by the way the 1 piston is not dirty it has the hpc coating on it i just didnt have time to send the others out.. besides those are the only 2 that are like that..

well enjoy
OK you are sick. . .but i love it!!!!!!! bwuahahahahaha
Old 12-01-2001 | 03:15 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

sounds wicked

good luck with the motor rebuild, i wasnt sure if you said "all the mods except the CAI and y-pipe" if so why no intake and y? thats at least a 10-15hp combo.
Old 12-01-2001 | 06:38 AM

nismo2020 i meant i didnt have a cold intake or y pipe YET !!!!!!!!
but dont worry i will.. but i do have the stillen intake..also dont know if you guys know this or not but a exhaust company called "goelrich" something like that makes a stock size y-pipe for our cars.. it takes out all those bends that are in the "stocker"
and where the y-pipe hooks up to the manifold the pipes are straight. but like i said its stock size but i did notice a difference.. forgot how much it was been years since i bought it.. but i think it was around hhmmmmm 90 to 125ish..
Old 01-04-2002 | 02:44 PM

updates

are there any updates on the all motor maxima?
Old 01-04-2002 | 03:25 PM

ery nice indeed. If you can get mid 300s out of the Ve I think I can get low to mid 200s out of my VG! Can't wait to hear the numbers. Keep us posted.
Old 01-04-2002 | 03:40 PM

Old 01-04-2002 | 04:06 PM

Hey!!!

PLease hit me up on email at metallideth@yahoo.com

I will soon be in possesion of a VE with a spun bearing that I am gonna use to work the parts and then swap onto my existing engine! I am really looking for suggestions on what to do.

So far I have decided to bore out the TB and match to the manifold, get a 5 angle valve job, and port match the heads/manifold. Also i will be transferring over the good VTCs on this engine to replace mine which are shot.
Old 01-04-2002 | 08:01 PM

Those Gauges are amazing I have been looking all over for them even
talked to a junk yard in New Zealand. Long story short, could you get more?
Old 01-04-2002 | 09:07 PM
Large Member

VE30DE Power, I was just curious, could you tell us about how much all this has cost you? I'm assuming around $3-$5k+ depending on how much of the installation you are doing yourself. There is a performance engine for the VG's but its extremely expensive, and these mods would be a great alternative if they will give a VG or VE between 240-300hp and cost less than that hiperf. engine. Also, do you mean it might be around 300hp at the crank or wheel? Do you guys know about how much all these mods might net in a VG? I was thinking maybe 240-260hp at the crank but is that too optimistic? I hope I can get all this done to my engine eventually. Great job VE30dePower, keep up the good work.
Old 01-05-2002 | 12:23 AM

Originally posted by VE30DE POWER

well enjoy
so what are you doing to the tranny to handle this power boost?
Old 01-05-2002 | 09:05 AM

Originally posted by Shadow1198
VE30DE Power, I was just curious, could you tell us about how much all this has cost you? I'm assuming around $3-$5k+ depending on how much of the installation you are doing yourself. There is a performance engine for the VG's but its extremely expensive, and these mods would be a great alternative if they will give a VG or VE between 240-300hp and cost less than that hiperf. engine. Also, do you mean it might be around 300hp at the crank or wheel? Do you guys know about how much all these mods might net in a VG? I was thinking maybe 240-260hp at the crank but is that too optimistic? I hope I can get all this done to my engine eventually. Great job VE30dePower, keep up the good work.
NISMO87 and I discuss quite a bit about the VG power potential. The good thing about the VG is that there are two sets of cams out there ready to swap in(mild and wild) and I beleive a hardened valve train kit as well. Our conclusion that with the necessary fuel and tuning a streetable 250ish HP is possible on the VG if and only if you can get it to rev to 7krpms. Here is a custom example...
http://www.hekimianracing.com/nissan3lna.html
Old 01-05-2002 | 11:33 AM
Large Member

Thanks Mr. Rose. Anything around 250hp would be great! Oh, I've known about that Hekimian engine for awhile and have had endless talks with Greg Hekimian about that motor. From what he said, he mainly does the VG performance motor since its the same basic motor in the earlier 300zx's, and there seems to be more of a demand for 90's 300zx performance than 3rd gen Maxima performance but it still covers both cars I guess. He did mention that he has had people buy a more toned down 225hp version. I just wish they'd be on this d-board so we could hear about the engine!

I had a question Mr. Rose. Remember this stroker kit that was discussed about 1-2 weeks ago http://www.junauto.co.jp/products/cy...custom-kit/?en I was just curious, do you or any of the other experts think this would actually work on a VG? I know the VG30dett is quite a bit different. Though, I tell myself the vg30dett isn't so I can imagine I'll be able to fit one in my max one day! That would be quite nice to do a ton of internal engine mods and end up with a 3.2L 260-320hp Maxima! I'm suddenly reminded of those nice 3.2TL's. That's some real power.
Old 01-05-2002 | 12:18 PM

Somebody has the right idea!! Get that thing running so I know what the competition is pushing! Good luck. Drive it like you hate it.
Old 01-08-2002 | 11:40 AM

Shadow1198: its been awhile since i did a total on how much this all cost but i think its around 35 to 4,000.not real sure there has been so many changes with how we went about doing this thing and favors that i got that i cant give a exact estimate.. dont like to think about how much money i have put into this thing..but the mid 300 HP is to the wheels..

JDwyer2821: as of right now nothing to the tranny..although i have had the tranny rebuilt so it is like brand new.im just gonna ride it out and see how much abuse the tranny can handle first before i change it..
Old 01-08-2002 | 03:17 PM

So when ya gonna be able to test this beast?

SuDZ
Old 01-08-2002 | 03:49 PM

Re: Hey!!!

Originally posted by JonnyMax

So far I have decided to bore out the TB and match to the manifold, get a 5 angle valve job, and port match the heads/manifold. Also i will be transferring over the good VTCs on this engine to replace mine which are shot.
There is a post in the general forum about head/manifold work. Read the posts by Turbo95 (Matthel), I think he mentions something about 5 angle jobs not being worth it unless you are going all out and will be constantly breaking down the engine to clean the heads.

Check it out.
Old 01-08-2002 | 04:05 PM

Originally posted by SuDZ
So when ya gonna be able to test this beast?

SuDZ
well as soon as i get the radiator back from the shop and 475 more miles ill let ya know..LOL it seems since i have gotten the car back i have been plagued with the gremilns..so far in a matter of 3 days i had to reinstall the drivers side axle..popped out somehow"friend didnt put it in all the way" idiot..i get the axle in take it for a test drive pop the hood letting the car idle i hear this BOOOMMM!!!!
i look and antifreeze is shooting out of the hose i run and turn it off..look to see what happend and the plastic part where the upper hose connects to just blew apart.so today i had to take it down to a radiator shop and have them put a new end tank on..aaahhhh!!on top of that i was still waiting for coilpacks to come in from nissan..so in the moth that i have had the car i may have put 35 miles on it..
but when i get it all straightened out and on the dyno ill let ya know.
Old 01-08-2002 | 04:15 PM
Large Member

VE30DE Power, when you say mid 300fwhp, do you mean actual "mid" as in 340-360hp?! That's quite a MASSIVE increase for the mods you did! I mean, I expected you could get a good 300hp with those mods but if its really around 350fwhp TO THE WHEELS, that is just plain awesome. So, what's the difference between wheels and crank HP? Isn't 10%? I always forget the amount. So if its 10% that means around 350fwhp is about 385hp at the crank?! Please correct me if I'm wrong because these are somewhat startling figures. I mean, if you could get that much for about $4k then I'm DEFINITELY going to do the same mods. Sorry to copy you! Either way, I say that if its anywhere from 270-350hp its well worth the $4k. Please let us know how it all turns out! I'm sure we are all sitting here drooling in anguish until we can here about your new Nissan land-based guided missle!

Kudos to you VE30DE Power. I really love the fact that someone is taking a 3rd gen, be it VG or VE, a lot farther than most have. I'm sure there are people out there that have done about as much but its still uncommon, so its great when someone really mods these into a "Sedan 'O Death"!
Old 01-08-2002 | 04:23 PM
Large Member

BTW VE30de Power, you should get one of those cool skull shifters! It would really fit for how fast your car is most likely to be. You better watch out because of all this new power. Your car is going to be hungry so it will have to start eating RICE for breakfast!

This is a question to anyone. How fast do you guys think a VG or VE would be with about 300hp? I'm talking 1/4mi and 0-60. I'm really curious because I was thinking a VE 5spd with 300+hp should do 0-60 somewhere in the 5sec range. If it does, that would be quite a fun car.
Old 01-08-2002 | 04:52 PM

VE30DE Power, when you say mid 300fwhp, do you mean actual "mid" as in 340-360hp?! That's quite a MASSIVE increase for the mods you did! I mean, I expected you could get a good 300hp with those mods but if its really around 350fwhp TO THE WHEELS, that is just plain awesome. So, what's the difference between wheels and crank HP? Isn't 10%? I always forget the amount. So if its 10% that means around 350fwhp is about 385hp at the crank?! Please correct me if I'm wrong because these are somewhat startling figures. I mean, if you could get that much for about $4k then I'm DEFINITELY going to do the same mods. Sorry to copy you! Either way, I say that if its anywhere from 270-350hp its well worth the $4k. Please let us know how it all turns out! I'm sure we are all sitting here drooling in anguish until we can here about your new Nissan land-based guided missle!

Kudos to you VE30DE Power. I really love the fact that someone is taking a 3rd gen, be it VG or VE, a lot farther than most have. I'm sure there are people out there that have done about as much but its still uncommon, so its great when someone really mods these into a "Sedan 'O Death"!
when i say mid 3's..you are right 340 to 360 fwhp..im not to sure on the drivetrain loss cause ive heard different numbers some say 10% some say 15%...hell i dont care if ya copy me if i did i wouldnt have posted everything that i have done..
but a know to tell ya the truth im starting to doubt my numbers cause it just doesnt feel like it has that much power i know i havent been able to get on it..but i guess im just trying to compare the max to my eclipse or something..which is like comparing a stock crankshaft and a titanium one just 2 different worlds..but i will not give up on her i will just have to wait and see..
Old 01-08-2002 | 05:24 PM
Large Member

Well, its significantly faster though, right? So, if it really is around 340-360fwhp, how much do you think a VG with the same mods would have. It would be less so I am thinking 300fwhp or maybe a little more. Does that sound right? God, I can only imagine that much HP right now!

Maybe the drivetrain is having a problem getting the power to the road or something. One way to find out is if you notice you burn your tires and loose 50% tread every time you barely pull away from a stoplight. I'm just kidding but, seriously, what mods have you done to the tranny? Is it just bone stock? If so, wouldn't tranny mods (lighter flywheel, short shift kit, etc.) really help to get the power to the road? I wouldn't give up on it either!
Old 01-08-2002 | 05:45 PM
Large Member

Sorry. I just read back on the mods you did and I see you did mod your tranny. Well, maybe an intake and aftermarket y-pipe will help. Afterall, the engine needs to breathe and for such a performance engine, I'd think the stock intake and Y would be extremely restrictive from the proper airflow that it needs. BTW, did you even need to get bigger fuel injectors/fuel pump? I remember someone saying that stock is good enough for upgrades around 300hp but I don't know if that's true or not. I mean, 385hp at the crank is a significant increase so I'd think you'd need to go with 300zx injectors or something that can handle more power. I'm just trying to figure out why your car would not seem as fast. Are you really sure its mid 300hp? I mean, maybe its not as high as you think, and that could be why it doesn't feel as fast. It still should easily be around 300hp but, who knows. Hey, if you get tired of messing with it though, I'll buy your Max from you!
Old 01-08-2002 | 06:08 PM

Sorry. I just read back on the mods you did and I see you did mod your tranny. Well, maybe an intake and aftermarket y-pipe will help. Afterall, the engine needs to breathe and for such a performance engine, I'd think the stock intake and Y would be extremely restrictive from the proper airflow that it needs. BTW, did you even need to get bigger fuel injectors/fuel pump? I remember someone saying that stock is good enough for upgrades around 300hp but I don't know if that's true or not. I mean, 385hp at the crank is a significant increase so I'd think you'd need to go with 300zx injectors or something that can handle more power. I'm just trying to figure out why your car would not seem as fast. Are you really sure its mid 300hp? I mean, maybe its not as high as you think, and that could be why it doesn't feel as fast. It still should easily be around 300hp but, who knows. Hey, if you get tired of messing with it though, I'll buy your Max from you!
hey Shadow1198 i forgot to say that i do have a intake "stillen" i thought i put that in there oh well...as far as the HP goes it may not be as high as i thought but then again the max does weigh just a wee bit more than an eclipse..heheh plus its not turbocharged im not getting that sudden pull that ya get when the boost comes on.. yada yada yada.. but once i break it in then i will really be able to see what it feels like i mean ya cant really get a feel for how fast the car is going to be when ya shift at like 3500 rpm in every gear..but "i cant lie" i have brought it up to 6000 on a few occasions after all we did build the motor pretty "loose" but once i get a feel for what the car needs if anything i will change it.i was talking about the injectors and stuff today with my friend and from what we talked about we just might end up doing injectors but only time will tell..

i dont know how much HP a VG would have with the same mods every engine is different to that kind of stuff its hard to say..
ya know it doesnt take much to burn the tires at all not that it ever really did..but its alot easier to spin the 17x9's now than before..lol