3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

barely escaped jail

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 10:55 PM

barely escaped jail

ok, i copied and pasted this from www.pastreetracing.org so i didn't have to write the story twice. showtime has a Contour SVT that's got suspension, intake, exhuast, udp, clutch, that kinda stuff,
the del sol (nummy) has a hybrid del sol with a GS-R motor, act flywheel and 6puck clutch, AEM intake, exhaust, cams, suspension
and gearhead has an accord with an SE motor, sick exhaust (ask chris91SE) aem intake, udp, headers, suspension. we were comin from our shop. ok here ya go.

barely escaped jail. . !!!

well not really, but it's a good story. . . .

ok showtime, gearhead313, nummy, and flyry110 left the shop. We stopped at the Pizza shop, grabbed 2 pies and headed back to gearhead's. . . we were racing, weaving, the usual. . . so we pulled up to a few lights raced yadda yadda yadda. . . . anyway, the cop ends up driving past us, up behind me, well i move over nicely into the right lane, and we come to a stoplight. He's to my left and gearhead takes teh left turning lane. he just decides to go after J and lets me go. Well i wasted NO time in grabbing a back road and getting off that main drag! so i get back to gearhead's and NOBODY has made it. i'm like OH ****, so i pulled the max into j's garage. . . .lol, anyway, eventually nummy and showtime made it there. they backtracked and took back roads. then gearhead pulls in. turns out the cop gave him a warning. Said he had all our license plates on camera and the hampton police had dispatched 2 patrol cars to come out and find us. anyway, lets just say we
tried to keep it quiet on the way back to my place. . . ..

OH P.S. max VS. SVT VERY VERY even, i won but showtime sorta miss shifted.
Max VS. hybrid del sol . . . max lost by very little. it was close. at about 90 i couldn't have changed lanes cause my bumper woulda hit his. neither of us was pulling on the other.
OH, the accord got faster too hehehe
Old 12-07-2001, 11:26 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: barely escaped jail

The guy got a warning? The cop probably didn't see you actually drag racing. You're all lucky. Just hope that, license plate on camera, thing is BS.

I was coming home tonight and I passed this old Dodge truck with a big loud V8 and exhaust. We come to a stop light. The thought never crossed my mind, that he wanted to race. So, I roll off the stoplight, nice and easy and then I hear his big V8 start roaring. I stepped on the gas and we were next to each other at about 40 mph. Right after I shifting into 2nd, I pulled ahead by a car length. I'm like, dang that truck's pretty fast. I had to work for it. But, I got him, barely.

So, we line up at the next stoplight and we both know what's going to happen. So, we both launch it off the light at the same time. LOL Man, he left me like I wasn't moving. He was 3 car lengths ahead by the time I got up to 35. That's it, I let off b/c we were sort of in the city. He was cool. Atleast he nodded when I waved to him. Don't mess with those big V8 trucks off the line. But, feel free to mess with them after 45 mph.
Old 12-08-2001, 01:04 AM
Neice Anne

Re: Re: barely escaped jail

Flyry what mods do you have though? The race might not be so even if you're close to stock and he's not... Aaron, I'd say you got lucky if an old truck wanted to race you and you beat it.. usually old trucks that want to race are going for the sleeper look and have something like a 350 big block hidden under the hood, and they promptly rape most cars. One of my friends has a 29 Ford Truck, suicide doors, chopped top, chopped bed, 350 big block, dual flowmaster exhaust, ported and polished headers, custom CAI, custom Y pipe and b pipe... this old truck HAULS ***! Mid 9's 1/4 mile I think. My cousin is working on a MODEL T with some bigass engine in it too, it's gonna be fast as hell too.. he already had a 69 Firebird w/ a big engine dropped in it.. run's 11s in the 1/4.. it's nice.. bright red, weird custom gas tank opening behind the license plate.. he puts trick racing fuel mixed with premium gas in it.. goes to Montgomery and wastes all the riceboys lol

Old 12-08-2001, 05:30 AM

i haven't done all that much. Pop charger, Freed up the exhuast a bit, springs, FTSB, clutch, piaas. ... i'm running 15.1's on the old junk clutch. i was hoping for high 14's next time to the track. If i have th eexhaust and UDP on i will hope for maybe 14.8's. . . when i get the turbo on, it better be 13's!
Old 12-08-2001, 11:33 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: Re: barely escaped jail

Originally posted by Neice Anne
Aaron, I'd say you got lucky if an old truck wanted to race you and you beat it.. usually old trucks that want to race are going for the sleeper look and have something like a 350 big block hidden under the hood, and they promptly rape most cars.
Yeah, I'd say I did get a little lucky. But, he killed me off the start. It was fun though. I could tell what he had in that old Dodge truck. I know he couldn't run 9's. He would probably run high 15's.

But, my friend has an old 71 Chevy Blazer. He takes off the top (400 lbs) and he's pretty quick. He only has a 305 under the hood. I bet he could run mid low 16's. That's how much trouble I have with this truck. I never took his seriously, until he romped on the gas one time and I was having a little trouble beating him. It's fun racing a V8 truck that is in a completely different category as you.