3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Need help! **URGENT**

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 10:01 PM

Originally Posted by AM_BlackMax
How far down did you drill the new one in? I thought this was just gonna be a bolt on...gosh damnit

Well I got the spoiler sanded down ready to lay down some paint.
haven't installed mine yet and now I know what it will look like.
Old 08-19-2010, 10:07 PM

Did you solder the male end of the harness to the wires for the spoiler?
Old 08-19-2010, 10:45 PM
Fox Body FTW

Originally Posted by maximo018
Did you solder the male end of the harness to the wires for the spoiler?
yeah, red and blue go together and blk n brwn go together when you wire it. my roommate snipped the wire quite a bit to try and make it look as "Factory" as possible..so it's not like 2 feet of wire dangling all over the place lol.

Also, when everything is said and done..where the original trunk light wire went inside the trunk, that will be exposed..but because it's under the LED light, I just put some painters tape there for now and i'm gonna cover that with some black electrical tape..as it's not that noticeable but water could definitely leak inside the vehicle that way.

It's better to try and cover that with the spoiler off..and when it comes to drilling, a 3/8s drill bit will suffice to get you started on the outside of the trunk (talking particularly about the center) but there's no way to get the bolt through that space from inside the trunk (for the outer edges) you will need at least a 1/2" drill bit, maybe bigger..we only had a 3/8's so we had to grind out the hole from inside the trunk..enough for a phillips end to go through but you have to be very cautious because you can easily lose parts..otherwise, make it bigger to get a socket to fit through there 1/4" drive, 10mm with an extension and you're good to go!

Last edited by AM_BlackMax; 08-19-2010 at 10:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:37 PM

I will use my 3/8" bit as a starter then do the rest with my uni-bit. That way on the ends for most of the tightening I will use my battery impact with a socket.

Does anyone know where to get those little vinyl adhesive patches? U know they have several on the doors where you try to access the rods for the door lock. I heard you can get them somewhere but don't know exactly where that maybe.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:00 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

AM BlackMax.. pics of the finished product?
Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

and are you happy with the outcome?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:19 PM
Fox Body FTW

Sooooooooo Sorry I didn't post pics, I completely forgot - my bad.

Very pleased with the outcome. The little bit of extra work was well worth it! Car looks way awesome again with the spoiler and the LED light just gives it a good look

Last edited by AM_BlackMax; 08-31-2010 at 07:21 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

Originally Posted by AM_BlackMax
lol@harbor freight. (I shop there too...)

what is the blue in this pic, at the edge of teh spoiler?
Old 08-31-2010, 07:49 PM
Fox Body FTW

lol I work there actually haha, are you an Inside Track Club member?? lol jk.

and well tbh I didn't seat the spoiler with the foam because everything lined up EXCEPT the far left corner as far as holes that we drilled out. Well I'm not gonna go buy a grinder when my roommate already has one..because the mounting hole is off probably by 2 or 3mm which it catches every 3/4 of a turn so we backed it off and didn't put the seat on there until he comes back (because he has his tools with him) he'll be back this weekend so it'll be done soon. So the blue painters tape was just a bypass for when it rains.